What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

I just switched from Direct to Comcast a few days ago. I had Direct for 5 years, and was sick of waiting for Pac-12, plus, I'm tired of not getting the best deals for being a current customer. The only choice I have for the internet is Comcast (Centurylink is up to 1 mb service in my neighborhood - no joke), so since I have to pay them some anyway, I'll take a discounted package for a while. I guess from now on I'll just switch back and forth every year or two, racking up the discounts (assuming Direct gets the Pac at some point.

Unless you absolutely have to have direct ticket to watch NFL games I don't know why anyone wouldn't just switch to Dish anyways.

They have everything else you would want including the PAC12 network, are cheaper, and I get great picture quality. The few times I have needed customer service they where fast and helpful.

I can understand the wife not wanting to learn a new remote or a new channel line-up but if you take her someplace she likes and link it the money you saved very few wives wouldn't be good with the change.

Starting tomorrow, I'll have a full southeast exposure for satellite. Now to sit back and wait...

So someone said that if they are testing the channel that is good news but if so how far along are talks?

my guess is if they are testing its pretty far along. But i also have read that sometimes they test for a week or longer. sometimes they test and the channel doesnt make it. so i would like to say its a good sign. but thats the optimist in me.

test channels require special authorizations not on customer accounts. when dish launched it the test channels were up and these contracts often come down to the last minute. i'd say odds are probably very good this launches next week.

So, what if the game you want to see is NOT on the national channel?
My guess is that they may have alternate channels or the rest of the channels on sports pack.If thats not the case it will be like on Cox Cable in Omaha, they only broadcast the National Channel. If we needed mountain we streamed it online or air play through apple tv. In fact we did this a lot. My parent watched at their house I used there account to watch at my house online. If we get national we will get regional via online in some way. I dont remember too many buff games only on mountain. Yes there have been a few but most were in the national channel. One that comes to mind was U Mass last year. maybe one or 2 more. I would love to have SOMETHING! National at this point is a win in my book.

I hope I have to eat my previous words. I still haven't pulled the trigger on calling Dish. I just can't do it, plus, I figure with this weeks game being on CBS Sports that gives me one more week with DTV.

I don't see anything testing on 612? But did come across this link http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/rumor-alert.352739/

According to a post on DBStalk on this same topic the test feeds are only accessible to those with special access cards. Usually they are in test for a week or less before the channel goes live, but no guarantees. Sometimes they start running tests in anticipation of an agreement and the station never goes live.

So, I just called Direct tv and got pebbles, who left me hanging for 10 minutes. As expected, they are still negotiating on cost and I don't see it happening anytime soon. Besides, I'm sure "pebbles" is on the up and up.

Saw posted somewhere else (probably the Rivals thread) that DTV channel is likely 609.

Saw posted somewhere else (probably the Rivals thread) that DTV channel is likely 609.

That came from the satellite guys forum. They said that it was in test mode. Then someone said that they confirmed that 612 was now being tested. Lots of speculation now of course but it seems like if they reach an agreement last minute, DTV will be ready to "turn on the switch" right away.

I'd assume we'd get the National network and the Mountain regional network. If my math is correct, I believe that means we'd need two channels. Looking at my guide, 603, 607, 609, 612 and 613 are available. The Big 10, however, is set up with 610, 610-1, 2, 3, & 4. The SEC is 611 and 611-1. But the "dashed" channels all have "To Be Announced."

Last edited:
It seems so DBT. Or as some have suggested they could have the main channel and all the others when there are overlapping events in alternate channels. So main channel you could have ucla vs stanford for example. If cu is playing oregon at the same time they would have this on a alternate channel temporarily. Again, all speculation. I don't even have DTV.

I'd assume we'd get the National network and the Mountain regional network. If my math is correct, I believe that means we'd need two channels.
I suspect it will be more like Dish where you get the national network and no regional networks but you get an alternate channel or two for the times where there is more than one live game being broadcast at the same time.

I suspect it will be more like Dish where you get the national network and no regional networks but you get an alternate channel or two for the times where there is more than one live game being broadcast at the same time.
Like Altitude when the Nuggets and Avs are playing at the same time. Maybe some of the Dish guys can shed some light. I'd imagine the regional channels show the National feed most of the time and then the regional games when games are going on.

Like Altitude when the Nuggets and Avs are playing at the same time. Maybe some of the Dish guys can shed some light. I'd imagine the regional channels show the National feed most of the time and then the regional games when games are going on.

Dish is listed as 1 channel. But it's a menu of about a half dozen subs I can open up. Unless there are games on, the programming is just the main channel and there's nothing else to go to within the Pac-12 group.

The regional channels pretty much just show replays of the two teams in that region. The mountain channel shows replays of CU and Utah games only. I personally think the regional channels are a waste and don't blame the carriers for not carrying them. With a subscription to dish or any other carrier you can stream any of the regional channels on the pac12 network. Dish has several alternates so you are guaranteed to see all live games regardless of region. I would assume Direct will do something similar. .

Last edited:
Back