What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac 12 network / direct tv (PACN now on fuboTV streaming)

First of all, Walmart provides low-cost goods at reasonable prices, which increases the purchasing power of those that shop there, namely low to middle-income families. Sorry hippies, corporations are not inherently evil.

Second, I don't think LS should have been seen as the golden boy and poster child of conference kings for the last few years, but I certainly don't think he's now an idiot that should be fired. He's always been an above average steward, nothing more, nothing less. It's not like he brought Notre Dame and Texas to the Pac, he brought a struggling CU program that was looking to get out of the lopsided Big XII, and a team from a state no one cares about.

If it's a deal that makes financial sense, then LS should relinquish total control. If it doesn't, LS should walk away. I will still see/attend all of the games, as will most of us. But to be a major player in the sports lexicon, the Pac needs to be available on all providers, not just regional and niche ones.

Lastly, getting on DTV isn't about attracting more Buff, U$C, Cal, etc. fans, it is about expanding into more markets and attracting new viewers that were never on the Pac's radar. I know we have a sarcasm font, but do we have a crayon font as well? Might be easier for some to understand.

Sounds sort of illegal

Yeah but for some reason it's okay. If I went into the CU book store and stole a shirt several times a year I'm sure I would get a lot of disapproval from other posters but it's okay if you are a DTV customer.

We are back on this argument really? Xfinity's picture is average quality and Dish isn't even viable. DirecTV is like shopping at KMart or Sears, ****ty products. DirecTV is Target, pay a little more, don't get all the cheap stupid gimmicky **** but you get a better product. Now if Pac12 came on DirecTV it would be from shopping at Target to shopping at that corner supermarket. But, some of us base our TV viewing off of one channel/channels from Pac 12. I just go to a family members house that would get DirecTV if his condo faced the right way, but dply's Peter Burns Koala picture is cute.

Best laugh I have had today reading this thread. DTV is a pain in the Arse and I get as much NFL as I need with other options.

We are back on this argument really? Xfinity's picture is average quality and Dish isn't even viable.

You keep saying that like it's true. All i can find with google is some saying one is better and others saying the other is better. I'm guessing you own a lot of apple products. You don't have to believe everything the sales people tell you.

I understand that the NFL is king and that is why the bars and clubs go with DTV. I agree with DPLY though, I don't need DTV for my sports viewing.

My priority is college football, Buffs #1 but overall college as well. I watch NFL games but they aren't as important to me. The Broncos are my home market team so I see all their games. I also get the national network games on Sunday as well as the Sunday night game, the Monday night game, and the Thursday night game. So I can't watch Tampa Bay play Carolina, big woop, don't car anyways same with Houston against Cleveland.

Dish gives me the games I want, excellent picture quality, and a lower price. DTV can stuff it.

Now from a standpoint of being a Buffs fan I do want a deal done. It is in the interest of CU to get the extra revenue and to have the national exposure for the conference. I also think that the deal will get done.

ATT is invested in the PAC already. They are just doing what TV carriers do, taking it up to and past the edge to try to get a better deal for themselves. Question is who will blink first. So far LS hasn't blinked much.

A lot of people do not live in the correct NFL market such as myself. As sh*ty as the Bears have been they have been a better product than the Buffs.

A lot of people do not live in the correct NFL market such as myself. As sh*ty as the Bears have been they have been a better product than the Buffs.

All depends on your preferences.

If it came down to it I'd rather see the Buffs than the Broncos. Tilts much stronger when the option to watch the Buffs is hundreds of dollars per year cheaper.

Uhhh, DTV is target (as a positive) may be the ****tiest argument I have ever seen.
Target is the best option in CO. How about this? Xfinity is Safeway, Dish is Albertsons and DirecTV is King Soopers.

And 2-ply, I just own the phone. Who cares about all the gimmick? I don't even have Sunday Ticket. Sunday Ticket is nice and all, but not worth the price.

Target is the best option in CO. How about this? Xfinity is Safeway, Dish is Albertsons and DirecTV is King Soopers.

Based on what metrics? Doesn't king soopers have the most locations? Doesn't Comcast have the most subscribers? Or is this still a subjective claim that you can't back up?

I'm 100% fine with people liking directv. The excuses and angst towards Larry Scott are what confuses me. If you want the Pac-12 network to come to directv whoring yourself out to the NFL isn't going to accomplish that. I love my buffs, good or bad. I'm not as old as B&G so by default he is a better fan than me but I can't imagine saying "oh you won't show me buff games but you will give me NFL games. Thanks directv! I'm running to allbuffs message board right when I get off the phone to tell them how amazing you guys are."

I also get the national network games on Sunday as well as the Sunday night game, the Monday night game, and the Thursday night game. So I can't watch Tampa Bay play Carolina, big woop, don't car anyways same with Houston against Cleveland.
I definitely feel this way about the NBA package, I have no idea why even the biggest NBA fan would blow money on that as you can see basically every great matchup there is during the week. Outside of being an out of market fan, why would you need to see Minny@Sacramento?

But the NFL is usually pretty bad at getting national coverage to marquee matchups. The Sunday night games have been pretty great, but the Monday night and Thursday night games were pretty brutal most of the year last year. Meanwhile they fail to highlight great day games because of contract obligations. Just week one, us fans living in Denver miss what could be an excellent Indy@Buffalo matchup for KC@Houston (another good matchup so I can't complain) but we also miss Detroit@San Diego which is an awesome game I really wanna see. This is just week 1 as well, it gets worse most weeks in the NFL. If there is one sports package that makes sense to me, the NFL is the one that does, especially if you're into fantasy football.

Again I will ask if Larry Scott is such a saint and has no fault in this why is his "title sponsor" the one leaning on him ? and those of you that choose your TV provider based on who carries the PAC 12 Network really need to think about that statement, you are either one jet setting out all the time balls to the wall animal that really does not use your TV, except for the "event" of your choosing. The alternative being your single or you don't give a rats ass what your family wants if your married. My wife as I have said many times is a UT alum, we would never change our TV for the PAC or the LHNW. So to be told by some pompous ass (of which there are many here) I dont care about the Buffs is in short, do the letters F-O mean anything ? Larry Scott made a boat load of promises, some he has made good on a lot he has failed, the exposure of this network is a FAILURE. I am not the only one that thinks this Wilner said it on twitter this afternoon in a back and forth with posters. The narrow minds that seem to reign supreme here think its all good, news flash its not all good and when this contract comes up it is not going to be pretty if he doesnt do his G_D job.

Black and gold, can I ask you to stop stealing money from the buffs? I don't think a good fan steals.

And 2-ply, I just own the phone. Who cares about all the gimmick? I don't even have Sunday Ticket. Sunday Ticket is nice and all, but not worth the price.

I don't understand why you think the Sunday Ticket is too expensive. There have been a lot of posts in this thread with people talking about getting it for free by threatening to drop DTV because they don't carry the PAC. If you're not going to switch, and give the conference some $$, at least make them give it to you for free and stick it to them.

If your talking to me Darth I 100% concede the fact that DTV is the superior product to Comcast, and Dish I have had both and those that think they are equals are fooling themselves. My daughter has AT&T seems like a good product but again, not changing at this point the bigger bang for my buck is watching the the Broncos they win more in a month then the Buffs do a season. So yeah I will keep watching an illegal stream, and to clarify by the letter of the law and what can be enforced the guy posting the stream is breaking the law, those that view do not. Unless I am mistaken you take a t-shirt from the book store under no circumstance are you not breaking a law that is 100% enforceable.

I will add this caveat, if Larry gets it on DTV I will pay the whole damn Sports pack price of $20 or whatever it is a month and watch it there until then he can kiss my ass

Really, I have watched every game since i was a kid, had season tickets for 0-10-1 to a NC you freakin douche canoe. You sound like my whining teenage daughter. Might be time to change the napkin

urban dictionary does this term justice...carry on.

DirecTV has better picture quality than Dish? On what planet?
I don't really get the whole picture quality thing. I'd imagine that all the carriers, pretty much, have really good picture quality. To me, the equipment you are watching on makes the biggest difference and, unless you are some sorry of videophile, if you have a quality TV, it doesn't make a rat's ass which carrier you have.

Would it be possible that they could perhaps increase profits by relenting and perhaps giving AT&T a 15-20% stake in the networks. One could assume that by doing so they could increase viewership, while potentially defraying costs. This could perhaps also add additional production value, and perhaps higher rates for advertisers to pay.

Would it be possible that they could perhaps increase profits by relenting and perhaps giving AT&T a 15-20% stake in the networks. One could assume that by doing so they could increase viewership, while potentially defraying costs. This could perhaps also add additional production value, and perhaps higher rates for advertisers to pay.

Would not oppose this kind of arrangement. I think we need to be open to the idea of an equity partner. Just don't give away the store.

Back