What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Reality Check

You guys have talent, the problem IMHO is that Hawks attitude has rubbed off on the kids. Seems like many of the team talk a lot of fluff, wonder where they get that. If they focused that energy on the field they could be much better.

Bingo! There are actually a lot of the guys on the roster who will be playing on Sundays. We even have a couple first and secodn rounders on this team.

I just donated $3.75, a unicorn and some rope to dan's office. I also left a $300 doctor bill to be paid by Dan for having my eyes flushed out after I mase'd myself for the 3rd time during the game.

what is mase'd? is that like a combination of being maced and tasered at the same time?

Money = facilities = recruiting. Hey, I know it's not a perfect equation and there are some other factors, but there's a lot of truth in there.

Most fanbases get what they deserve. Fanbases that support the program usually are successful (and vice versa). If we want to win, the fans need to step it up.

See, this is horse****. We have not had a winning season for four years now? Any halfway decent coach can stumble to 6 wins and possibly 7 wins by winning the bowl. Hawkins did it ONCE in four years in a pretty mediocre division overall.

Does the fan support (mainly donations) need to better? Yes. Is fan support the overriding reason for us losing games about 2/3 of the time? Absolutely not.

I will also say if the AD gives fans something to be hopeful for in the future (i.e, ****canning the staff), you'll likely see the fanbase respond in a very positive matter. The onus is on the AD right now. If they show no inclination to make changes, why should the fans?

Can we give this guy Admin powers since he is a better fan than us?

I dunno. I'd really like to stop by his gater next week, pick up his season tickets that he makes available for other fans, take a look at the documentation of his donations to the unversity, see how long he's been a buff club member, etc. He might need to step his game up a bit. It's not like he's really done anything that's turned the program around yet...

Bingo! There are actually a lot of the guys on the roster who will be playing on Sundays. We even have a couple first and secodn rounders on this team.

A handful of guys will be playing on Sundays. As has been the case since about 2003-2004. The next head coach will need to upgrade the talent quite a bit.

I dunno. I'd really like to stop by his gater next week, pick up his season tickets that he makes available for other fans, take a look at the documentation of his donations to the unversity, see how long he's been a buff club member, etc. He might need to step his game up a bit. It's not like he's really done anything that's turned the program around yet...

WhAT? Are you KIDDING ME? HOW CAN YOU CHALLENGE HIS FANDOM? He is obviously the ONLY reason we are not even WORSE at football, cause he, ALONE, out of anyone on this board, is not some entitled liberal who does nothing. I mean, I'm sure hes donated MILLIONS to the team.

A handful of guys will be playing on Sundays. As has been the case since about 2003-2004. The next head coach will need to upgrade the talent quite a bit.

I agree with that, however, we have talent that a decent staff should be able to play with teams like Toledo, mediocre MIzzou teams, and any other north team on the road.
Keep in mind some of these haven't done much yet, but they have potential from what I've seen.

VERY Possible first couple round draft picks: Solder, Miller, J. Smith, Major (Major could be our next Butkus finalist or winner, very excited about him in the future)

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Brown, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (impressed by him last night), Webb, Walters.

Last edited:
I agree with that, however, we have talent that a decent staff should be able to play with teams like Toledo, mediocre MIzzou teams, and any other north team on the road.
Keep in mind some of these haven't done much yet, but they have potential from what I've seen.

VERY Possible first couple round draft picks: Solder, Miller, J. Smith, Major (Major could be our next Butkus finalist or winner, very excited about him in the future)

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (impressed by him last night), Webb, Walters.

:wow: You do realize you just said a good portion of the starting lineup will at the very least be invited to a fall camp by an NFL team?

First Rounders: Solder.

Drafted Buffs: Miller, JSmith

UnDrafted(Invites from Teams): Kasa, McKnight(w/the jets of course), Clemons, Givens, Beatty, Major, and possibly Sipili.

Who am I forgetting?

People that could be playing on sundays or at least given a chance by a team: Clemons, Brown, Deehan, McNight, Givens, Kasa, Beatty, Bonsu, Cunningham, Hartigan, Jefferson, Polk, Richardson, Rippy, Sipili, Uzo-Diribe (impressed by him last night), Webb, Walters.

Your first list is good. The second list is being really generous. Clemons, Brown, McKnight, Richardson, and Uzo-Diribe are the guys that jump out to me as belonging on the list.

Deehan and Walters have done next to nothing. Givens is very undersized and lost his starting job. Cunningham is undersized and really does not fit the NFL. Beatty and Hartigan are two tweeners types that might get looks somewhere, but I would not be real confident in that assertion. There are some others who might end up making it, who knows. But overall, the list of guys that will get serious looks from the NFL is very small IMO.

I'm speechless.

You left out Jalil Brown btw, someone that might actually make an NFL roster. (nm you added him)

Honestly, Walters? Sipili? Rippy? Hartigan? Cunningham? Deehan? Half of those guys either don't have the size and/or speed necessary for the NFL, or they're like 3rd string.

Last edited:
I think that our coaching staff is underachieving with the talent we have. Seriously, do you disagree with that Superfan 101?

Also, I don't do **** to support the team financially, and fully expect to win National Championships. Is that bad?

I think that our coaching staff is underachieving with the talent we have. Seriously, do you disagree with that Superfan 101?

Also, I don't do **** to support the team financially, and fully expect to win National Championships. Is that bad?

What the **** man, if you would just become a buff club member, we'd be rolling in the 5* recruits.

Try analyzing this from the NFL side. There are 30 teams and 7 draft rounds. Add in a few compensatory picks and maybe you have 230 total draft picks in one year.

There are 119 Division 1 (or whatever they call it) teams. That means on average, you have 2 players per college team that gets drafted to the NFL. Even if Colorado were one of the best teams to field a lot of draft picks... your numbers don't make any sense to list 18 players that will see playing time on Sundays. We do not have that type of talent.

Even during CU's best years, we had I think 22 players at most make the NFL from one team.....

What the **** man, if you would just become a buff club member, we'd be rolling in the 5* recruits.

Nobody said that. But probably four stars, for sure.

No. I know what 101 is saying, and he's right. We are a finicky fan base. Not so much the folks he's preaching to, though.

On the other hand, I think Superfan underestimates the talent on this team. Seriously, these guys are underachieving under the current leadership, I believe.

That is because CU doesn't accept Euros right?

WhAT? Are you KIDDING ME? HOW CAN YOU CHALLENGE HIS FANDOM? He is obviously the ONLY reason we are not even WORSE at football, cause he, ALONE, out of anyone on this board, is not some entitled liberal who does nothing. I mean, I'm sure hes donated MILLIONS to the team.

I wasn't really challenging his fandom. I was actually angling to mooch some free beer and tickets from him next week. You know that's what we entitled liberals do. :smile2:

Thanks for ****ing that up for me, btw.... :rolling_eyes:

Your first list is good. The second list is being really generous. Clemons, Brown, McKnight, Richardson, and Uzo-Diribe are the guys that jump out to me as belonging on the list.

Deehan and Walters have done next to nothing. Givens is very undersized and lost his starting job. Cunningham is undersized and really does not fit the NFL. Beatty and Hartigan are two tweeners types that might get looks somewhere, but I would not be real confident in that assertion. There are some others who might end up making it, who knows. But overall, the list of guys that will get serious looks from the NFL is very small IMO.

Ya I was I guess, I just went down the roster and picked out names with potential. You are probably correct. Like I said though, I still think we have the talent that a decent coach could at least win a north road game at least once in 5 years.

Try analyzing this from the NFL side. There are 30 teams and 7 draft rounds. Add in a few compensatory picks and maybe you have 230 total draft picks in one year.

There are 119 Division 1 (or whatever they call it) teams. That means on average, you have 2 players per college team that gets drafted to the NFL. Even if Colorado were one of the best teams to field a lot of draft picks... your numbers don't make any sense to list 18 players that will see playing time on Sundays. We do not have that type of talent.

Even during CU's best years, we had I think 22 players at most make the NFL from one team.....

Wrong. you are making it sound like I am saying all these guys will go in the DRAFT in one draft year. I admit I was generous, but this is over a period. And in our best years we had way more than 22 taken in a 4 year span.

Back