What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recap of CU-Cal

Umm teets, you know that wasn't a job interview we did for those ladies? And the cop that showed up due to the "noise complaint" wasn't a cop either. Didn't you wonder why your tux didn't have a shirt?
everything was going well until you passed gas

busdriverad.jpg

You still don't seem to get how weak it is to claim acceptance into Stanford as a Cal grad. Taking the bait over and over. The correct response is to not acknowledge Stanford, but you Cal guys can't help it.

Hey Mr. Internet Tough Guy, arbitrer of things "weak" and "strong." You don't seem to get the whole point of this aspect of the thread. It's not about "weak" or "strong, "little brother" or "big brother," as some of you and other Buff fans and groping towards. It's about relevance and irrelvance. Cal grads find many things about Stanford irrelevant. We found their university, as distinguished as it is, to be irrelevant to our future success when we chose Cal. We still feel that way, because some of us feel the school is second to none. You may disagree with that, but that is the conclusion that some of us have made. Call it smug if you'd like. My post was an effort to quantify that feeling in terms of the number of posters on this little corner of the internet to quantify this sentiment. It's called an informal survey, it's fun, and a component of "research." Perhaps you're familiar with it.

There is a comparison of Cal and Stanford on this thread, which a reponse to the subject is on point. The idea that there is a correct and incorrect response, by your subjective and poorly-thought-out standards, is ludicrous. It is enjoyable to make fun of a school's rival, and the way that we are doing so is consistent with the Cal-Stanford rivalry, which is one of begrudging respect, and disdain.

Speaking of irrelevance, so are your standards of "weak," "strong," "correct," and "incorrect." As well as the entirety of your stupid post.

Hey Mr. Internet Tough Guy, arbitrer of things "weak" and "strong." You don't seem to get the whole point of this aspect of the thread. It's not about "weak" or "strong, "little brother" or "big brother," as some of you and other Buff fans and groping towards. It's about relevance and irrelvance. Cal grads find many things about Stanford irrelevant. We found their university, as distinguished as it is, to be irrelevant to our future success when we chose Cal. We still feel that way, because some of us feel the school is second to none. You may disagree with that, but that is the conclusion that some of us have made. Call it smug if you'd like. My post was an effort to quantify that feeling in terms of the number of posters on this little corner of the internet to quantify this sentiment. It's called an informal survey, it's fun, and a component of "research." Perhaps you're familiar with it.

There is a comparison of Cal and Stanford on this thread, which a reponse to the subject is on point. The idea that there is a correct and incorrect response, by your subjective and poorly-thought-out standards, is ludicrous. It is enjoyable to make fun of a school's rival, and the way that we are doing so is consistent with the Cal-Stanford rivalry, which is one of begrudging respect, and disdain.

Speaking of irrelevance, so are your standards of "weak," "strong," "correct," and "incorrect." As well as the entirety of your stupid post.

Sooooooo...you're taking the bait then?

Didn't read this thread and am too lazy to go back. Only saw the last couple posts.

So I'm just going to assume that a lot of Cal grads end up driving buses for BART and can use the prestige of their degrees to find international bus driving opportunities. That, and that they've got a Stanford inferiority complex.

Considering I started the thread, pretty sure I understand it.

Before I forget, there are some game balls to hand out in this thread, namely to Cville and Orr. Too many hilarious quotes to reference ("How Baylor is that?" being my favorite) but well done. And overall, a great team effort here.

As for gizbear (I'm abbreviating), CU grads do not want to hear, or care about, the inner workings of your emotional ties to the Cal-Stanford rivalry, or the love of your school. We understand rivalries. A lot of text has been wasted trying to explain what it means to have a Cal degree, and most of it has been so f'ing boring I can't begin to itemize each sentence into a counterargument. Also, it's not even a point of discussion. Let's just say, we get it, you are happy you went to Cal. But no one here really cares. If you're looking for props on your Cal degree, give your grandparents a call.

But as has been pointed out, there is a noticeable defense mechanism that pops up (as admitted by other Cal fans who've posted here) whenever the little brother mentality to Stanford is discussed. This isn't conjecture, it's truth. Only way to undo this is to NOT go on and on and on about how you feel about Stanford.

Considering I started the thread, pretty sure I understand it.

Before I forget, there are some game balls to hand out in this thread, namely to Cville and Orr. Too many hilarious quotes to reference ("How Baylor is that?" being my favorite) but well done. And overall, a great team effort here.

As for gizbear (I'm abbreviating), CU grads do not want to hear, or care about, the inner workings of your emotional ties to the Cal-Stanford rivalry, or the love of your school. We understand rivalries. A lot of text has been wasted trying to explain what it means to have a Cal degree, and most of it has been so f'ing boring I can't begin to itemize each sentence into a counterargument. Also, it's not even a point of discussion. Let's just say, we get it, you are happy you went to Cal. But no one here really cares. If you're looking for props on your Cal degree, give your grandparents a call.

But as has been pointed out, there is a noticeable defense mechanism that pops up (as admitted by other Cal fans who've posted here) whenever the little brother mentality to Stanford is discussed. This isn't conjecture, it's truth. Only way to undo this is to NOT go on and on and on about how you feel about Stanford.

I think you're being a little hard on the bear here. I find it interesting that some schools are a better fit for some students, and they may choose a lower ranked school for that reason. What a novel concept, and one that I never considered before.

/sarcasm.

Here's what's amusing me. We've watched bearinsiders discuss rankings of schools for six pages on their "Sob" thread. Aside from a brief foray into the number of Nobel Prize winners at UCSB, those various ranking agencies have served as the end-all-be-all. The dialogue began and ended, definitively, with those rankings.

But that was just Cal looking down the list.

Now we have a Bear looking up at Stanford saying, well the rankings are less important the an overall good fit for the student and his or her goals. I like my school in spite of the rankings.

Adorable.

Also
the only point of this thread, since the middle of page one is to exploit Cal passion over Stanford's academic ranking. Fizzy's above post serves pretty much as Aristotle's Golden Mean of Cal v. Stanford rationalizations. We get it. You could have gone there but chose not to. But does that only apply to Cal grads, or can we apply your rationalization to students who chose other (possibly lower ranked) schools? I'm pretty sure you didn't share anything we didn't already intuitively understand. It's just odd that you felt compelled to write it.

I thought this thread was about owning a business and not letting having a shriveled penis or Cal degree stop you.

I had to google "the dozens". Stupid substandard CU degree.

Makes it easier when it's on a message board instead of in a verbal conversation so we don't have to guess at the spelling of words like "dozens", huh? :lol:

I had to google "the dozens". Stupid substandard CU degree.
Nah, you just don't have the benefit of having a big ass ghetto in Boulder. Being next to Oaktown has its upside, besides the access to crack and Too $hort wannabe's.

Nah, you just don't have the benefit of having a big ass ghetto in Boulder. Being next to Oaktown has its upside, besides the access to crack and Too $hort wannabe's.

Indeed. Boulder is only liberal in some broader sense of utopian idealism. The left-leanings don't extend to any comfort level in actually having to see or be near any person of color (aside from one mythical black friend in East Denver that everyone claims to have).

I thought this thread was about owning a business and not letting having a shriveled penis or Cal degree stop you.

It is somewhat. It's also about CU grads turning down better schools so they could party and ski for 5-6 years in Boulder during their college years. I'm not going to bring up the whole Nebraska rivalry thing but I have noticed it's really Baylor and CSU that gets you guys riled up the most. Why is that? I'll check back later, I have a business to run this morning.

Oh and Tante...I do like a good shriveled penis joke. I can't speak for others from Cal but I love the call. Then again, I have a baby arm so what do I care?

It is somewhat. It's also about CU grads turning down better schools so they could party and ski for 5-6 years in Boulder during their college years. I'm not going to bring up the whole Nebraska rivalry thing but I have noticed it's really Baylor and CSU that gets you guys riled up the most. Why is that? I'll check back later, I have a business to run this morning.

Oh and Tante...I do like a good shriveled penis joke. I can't speak for others from Cal but I love the call. Then again, I have a baby arm so what do I care?

Somebody didn't graduate.

Indeed. Boulder is only liberal in some broader sense of utopian idealism. The left-leanings don't extend to any comfort level in actually having to see or be near any person of color (aside from one mythical black friend in East Denver that everyone claims to have).
Boulder has always kinda reminded me of Marin County in that regard. Still, it's an incredible place. A place that most Cal alums would be very comfortable at unlike that place Eugene, that's filled with those toothless redneck South East Asian child labor enabling, hubris filled, Cal State University reject hippies.

I always wondered if they were the same size as the other arms when you reach adulthood.

3-arm-baby.jpg

I always wondered if they were the same size as the other arms when you reach adulthood.

3-arm-baby.jpg

Godammit!

I think it's time we all put down our respective pocket protectors and bananas and inner tubes and back away from this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
On a more serious note, that kid could be a force in the paint and/or your best receiver ever. Is your recruiting database for 2029/2030 up yet?

3-arm-baby.jpg

This child has since grown up to be "Employee of The Month" for 16 straight months at the Nike factory in Tae Kwang Vina. His productivity is unmatched. Phil Knight has personally lauded him as an example of Nike excellence in the face of adversity. He makes an unheard of salary of $1.75 a day and is a local hero and icon.

Back