What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo Liufau v Steven Montez

Starting QB when Sefo is back

• Total voters
Being Homecoming, if Sefo is healthy, give him the start. Saying that, we must win this game. Play who gives us that opportunity.

While I have been supportive of Montez in this thread, I don't see anything wrong with Liufau starting this Saturday before he gets to pick apart Stanford's D next week.

While I expect and want Sefo to start this weekend, put me in the camp that has never understood the importance of homecoming to a college football team.
I would normally agree with this, under the circumstances though I remember how many times this kid has had to pick himself up off of the ground.

I think Sefo should and will start. Further I think Sefo will throw for over 350 yards with three touchdowns and no picks. Plus he will run for another 40 before being replaced by Montez just prior to the end of the 3rd quarter. At which time Montez will throw for another 125 yards and two touchdowns and run for 30 and a touchdown....After all, these kind of numbers would allow this thread to continue into next week.

Tape him up and give him a shot.
That's a slippery slope man. Bring him back too quick and it might be the last you see of him. He's tough and won't quit but I'd be careful. If he's close to 100, he's our starter.

The right thing to do is try to win the game, not start Sefo just because it's homecoming.
Agreed. I don't know why this is even being discussed. "Montez gives us the better chance to win, but it's Sefo's last homecoming, so he gets the nod." Maybe a fireable offense if that actually was the reasoning. (Hint.. it's not)

If it was my call, I'd go with Montezuma unless Sefo is ready. Frankly, I'd doubt he is. It's not just the physical part either, it's pretty important.

notice? I said "If He's Healthy". I want whoever gives us the opportunity to win. We can re-name the thread title and throw Gehrke and Noyer on there as well? I just want to ****ing win. enough losing. The only reason I said Homecoming, is due to it being Sefo's last homecoming and one of his last college football / possibly any football games. He deserves that.

Fixed to accurately reflect Buffenuf's highest level of educational attainment.
You can only DREAM of the heights of Academe that I have reached and conquered!
Imagine: A grade school advanced enough to provide FREE BEER!
Yours is lucky to provide Tang to those who want "iced tea?".

**** this dude though.

“I know No. 13 (Liufau) from last year,” ASU sophomore defensive lineman Joseph Wicker said. “...he’ll throw picks if he is getting pressured and hit a lot I think.”

Back