What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Football News

There was a good amount of PT spread around for o line last year. If the o line isnt substantially better I'll be really bummed.
I hope for improvement, but substantial would seem a long shot. Hope I am wrong.

Embree recruited a type of oline for a run first type of team. It's not a wonder we struggled last year in pass pro. We had success at times with the run game, however, this oline, needs to take major strides in this department for us to take that next step. The tackle positions are going to be very key in 2016.

Embree recruited a type of oline for a run first type of team. It's not a wonder we struggled last year in pass pro. We had success at times with the run game, however, this oline, needs to take major strides in this department for us to take that next step. The tackle positions are going to be very key in 2016.

Wow good point, I never really thought of that but it could be the reason they struggle.

Good point. But Bernardi has had 3+ years to fix that with recruiting, technique and the S&C emphasis for his group that he communicates.

The degree of struggle last season goes way beyond physical limitations or simply not fitting the system. Most of the issues were breakdowns in recognition & pickup. CU has a coaching problem on the OL. It was exposed against Hawaii and never got fixed. Any time things got tight, the DC would just dial up some stunts.

Good point. But Bernardi has had 3+ years to fix that with recruiting, technique and the S&C emphasis for his group that he communicates.

The degree of struggle last season goes way beyond physical limitations or simply not fitting the system. Most of the issues were breakdowns in recognition & pickup. CU has a coaching problem on the OL. It was exposed against Hawaii and never got fixed. Any time things got tight, the DC would just dial up some stunts.
Oh, I definitely agree. I've been on a 2 month Oline coach tirade. Just figured I'd bring some other substances about the Oline other than the coach. Thanks, though, you got me all riled up again!

Wow good point, I never really thought of that but it could be the reason they struggle.
I think it had some to do with our interior struggles last year. We went from both guards having a ton of experience in pass pro to none at all.

If Gillam really has been able to put some weight on that is a good sign. Still not expecting much until I see him in games consistently. Adkins the same thing. Moeller really was starting to play well before he got hurt last year. I'm expecting him to contribute if not start this year.

Almost more interested in the walk on kicker. Skill video looks pretty good. First, he attempted realistic FG distances. Second, he has good lift on the ball. It gets up quickly. Third, he has a good rhythm in his approach, seems like he has it down to the point where he can replicate it consistently. If our 3 scholarship kickers get beat out by a walk-on... says all it needs to be about Neinas.

Almost more interested in the walk on kicker. Skill video looks pretty good. First, he attempted realistic FG distances. Second, he has good lift on the ball. It gets up quickly. Third, he has a good rhythm in his approach, seems like he has it down to the point where he can replicate it consistently. If our 3 scholarship kickers get beat out by a walk-on... says all it needs to be about Neinas.

Can he kick the ball through the mother ****ing endzone at altitude. That's all I care about. If so, give the man a ****ing scholarship and a rally girl.

If Gillam really has been able to put some weight on that is a good sign. Still not expecting much until I see him in games consistently. Adkins the same thing. Moeller really was starting to play well before he got hurt last year. I'm expecting him to contribute if not start this year.
Having a truly healthy Gillam at about 230 pounds or so would go a long way in making this a very good defense. As mentioned above, I'll believe it when I see it, though.

Love seeing the walk-on's come in and help and hopefully push for playtime... These walk-on's come in hugary and a chip on their shoulder trying to prove their worth.

Last years Spring game was a huge disappointment. Barely a scrimmage, actually. While it's fascinating watching them do Oklahoma drills, that's not really what I came to see.
I'll probably skip the spring game this year.

Last years Spring game was a huge disappointment. Barely a scrimmage, actually. While it's fascinating watching them do Oklahoma drills, that's not really what I came to see.
I'll probably skip the spring game this year.
If the weather is good, I like getting out and getting some spring time colorado sunshine.

If the weather is good, I like getting out and getting some spring time colorado sunshine.
That's all well and good, but frankly, if we are trying to develop some passionate following with the fans, we should give them a real spring game to watch. If you haven't worked on those blocking drills enough by then, an extra 20 minutes inside the stadium
With 5,000 people watching isn't going to help.

That's all well and good, but frankly, if we are trying to develop some passionate following with the fans, we should give them a real spring game to watch. If you haven't worked on those blocking drills enough by then, an extra 20 minutes inside the stadium

I agree. Would like them to have a real game. Would also like them to hold a "tailgate competition" like Utah does at their spring game. Makes their fans take some real pride in their set ups.

And considering that handling game situations has been a huge problem for years, having a real spring game might do more good than yet another set of drills would anyway.

Definitely taking the over on this one. It's an annual tradition:

April:
  • DL dominates OL at Spring Game
  • Allbuffs Reaction: "The DL might just be gelling this year."
August:
  • DL looks reeeeeeally good in practice
  • Allbuffs Reaction: "The DL is going to be our strength this year! Bowl here we come!"
15 minutes into the first game:

• Allbuffs reaction: "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. it's gonna be a long season."

The Conrad obi all star game

Back