What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Re: Peterson to Nebraska??

mess (ms)n.
A confused, troubling, or embarrassing condition; a muddle:

I do believe the hucksters situation meets this standard.

The embarassment is spewing out all over this board by the few fans that reside here.
It is evident from the fans streaming out of the stadium in droves at half time last week saying they wouldn't be back until changes were made and "this isn't huckster football". "Were going downtown to watch another game"
Nah, that's not embarassment, it's not troubling to the fans.

Fans that would record videos spewing profane frustration over a condition that is "troubling" to them.

Huckster boards so jammed with traffic they shut down to lurkers and try to set up a "perferred lurker status". They can't all be Buff fans ya know!

Having so much confidence in a loser coach they extend the contract for millions only to be confronted with the desperate need to try and "shuck" him from the program just weeks later.

Bringing back a fossil legend in a desperate attempt stop the bleeding and convince loyal followers there is nothing wrong with the program that the big mans mere presence won't heal.

A glut of "confusing" rumors as to who the next HC will be: Peterson?? Gill?? Glenn?? Pelini?? All when the current HC hasn't even been fired yet. No one is even being interviewed. All clear here :lol:

An appearance in the prestigious "Bottom Ten"

.......... You know as I typed this out it occurred to me, I just may have to agree with my best friend CSU Husker.

All Buffs, from all appearances everything in huckster land is not a mess it's......well.....it's just perfect!! :smile:

We'll see what happens and who they get. Its obvious that the current staff wasnt getting it done and now they will be gone :thumbsup:

Actually there is a buy out clause for Callahan where the school would have to pay out around 3 mill. According to Pearlman the money was there to fire Pud. I have heard some rumors that Buffett paid off the stadium improvements to soften the blow. Don't know if that is true or not but who know's. Well as far as recruits go....We have been getting some great one's so far and look how Callahan has developed them? In other words he hasn't! So I would gladly take a hit on recruiting for a year or two (we got a lot of good young kids) if that would mean getting a coach who understood college football and coaching KIDS and not running the team like an NFL franchise. Hiring coaches in college are a crap shoot and ole Pud rung up Snake Eyes!

Sports radio last night said Callahan never signed the contract extension because he was looking. Not sure how that effects any buy outs or if the University can pull the contract from the table.

Scoreboard :smile2:

Wait, his team sucks eggs. Well, both do actually. His school is CSU. His adopted school for that good time winning feeling is NU. But he has lost that winnin' feeling, ooohhh that winnin' feelin'. he's lost that winnin' feeling, oh is gone, gone, gone, ohhoaaohoahohaa (da dum. Da dum. Da dumm dum dum dum dumb!)

new coachie, he'll get down on his knees, for you-ooaoaooo (ba bum-ba bum-ba- bumbumbumbumbum)

If you'll only coach them, like they used to get coached to! (and so on a so forth--someone needs to make this song for the fuskers---get OU fans to do it!)

Much more of this and I am worried that LF might be interupting traffic on some Monday morning himself.......:wink2:

Since we are close enough not to warrant arguement on most of these, I'll only discuss 8, they are both beatable but from a longterm stand point they are much stronger programs now than they were a few years ago, combined that with the limitations on schollies, its a tougher road to hoe now than it once was.

You 'hoe a row'. A hoe cuts out the weeds in the fields, so, it is a 'tougher row to hoe'.

Just FYI.:smile2:

We will see what happens this time, Im sure they are already working on potential replacements and will be contacting them soon.

I just look back on it and find it funny that people where going on and on about "Slowpitch" and posting that smilie of him getting whipped and saying how they wanted him there forever. Then he beats CU on their turf in his swang song, fast forward a few years and those same people are saying he got the screwgie. Cant make that stuff up :smile2:

They can't contact anyone with a job until after the regular season.... unles they are unemployed.

they also gave that ****ing asshat 23 years to win a MNC. you think anybody else is gonna get more than 4-5 years.

Nobody expects a NC in 5 years. Not getting killed at home by an average team after 4 years, yes.

I see the fusker situation as very similar to what we were going through in 2004 and 2005. A mess for sure. But we hired a great interim AD after **** canning Tharp in Jack Lengyel. He was the perfect man for the job at the time. Then they took their time and found the perfect man for the job on a permanent basis - Mike Bohn. He has done wonders for the CU athletic department, and I personally think we're only just now starting to see the fruits of his efforts. Then Mike Bohn fired Barnett and basically fired Patton and got the perfect men to replace them.

It's a process. But at the beginning of the process, the whole thing looks like a gigantic mess that nobody would want to come near. I suspect TO will keep Cally for another year (if he's smart) if for no other reason than to give the administration time to hire a permanent AD to oversee the rebuilding of the program. That's where it starts.

Here's hoping they **** it up royally!!!

Peterson would be my top candidate because I just am not willing to think that Turner Gill is the answer to our problems. Peterson's offense would be a blast to see. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind that the same defense you guys are disgusted with held Nevada to 10 pts, and that same Nevada team hung 67 on Boise St last Sunday. If you were to add that component into your defensive efforts this season, by my tabulations, Ball State would have hung 97 on the blackshirts, Mizzou 98, Okie St 102, and USC 106.:smile2:

Seriously, I don't think NU can get one of the marquee names being tossed around, but there are some solid guys who I think would be realistic targets. I'd say these guys might take the gig and do a solid,

Gary Patterson
Bo Pelini
Joe Glenn
Jim Leavett

I think Patterson would be a better fit for the Ags because of his Texas ties, and those jobs seem fairly comparable. I still think Glenn would be a good fit and is a solid coach.

I see the fusker situation as very similar to what we were going through in 2004 and 2005. A mess for sure. But we hired a great interim AD after **** canning Tharp in Jack Lengyel.

I agree with you. I know husker nation is fired up about the prospect of TOs involvement in the program, but I question whether he's the best guy. He'll do an outstanding job of keeping boosters on board, though, and considering the tab for this whole rejuvenation project, I suppose that's an important consideration. They are lucky this thing took place during the dot corn boom, they need fat wallets this year in Lincoln.

After hearing TO in his presser, I think there is a chance Cally gets one more year. He gave off the vibe that he isnt going to rush in to anything.

they also gave that ****ing asshat 23 years to win a MNC. you think anybody else is gonna get more than 4-5 years.

Very good point there, too. NU fans don't have that kind of patience anymore.

Sports radio last night said Callahan never signed the contract extension because he was looking. Not sure how that effects any buy outs or if the University can pull the contract from the table.

If he hasn't signed it yet, they can definitely pull it.

TO won't can Cally unless he has to. If Cally can get to .500, he's probably safe. TO is smart enough to know that he has a honeymoon with the Corn faithful and he won't take on the responsibility of looking for a new guy after what happened last time around. He is too shrewd for that.

ND, NU, Bama are victims of their own success. All three have huge $$$, support, tradition, but have all had difficulty getting coaches because of the unreasonable expectations of its fans. Remeber ND stumbling around, Meyer turning them down? Remember Rich Rodriguez doing the same to Bama? We all saw NU go through FOUR candidates who all said thanks, but no. It WILL be the same gig next time, only worse. TO isn't going to step in that pile of poo unless Cally goes 4-8 this year, then he'll have to.

A lot will depend on whether TO is really the interim AD or whether he'll become the permanent AD. As long as he's the interim, I don't see him making any coaching changes at all. The permanent AD will want to have those decisions to himself.

Re: The New AD at NU is _______

they can LIKE him. liking him will by itself not right the ship. he needs to get key personnel in there. his perception of key personnel in the past has proved amusing from an allbuffs standpoint.

That is the $64,000 question. Will he make a change? Can he make a change? I honestly dont think he's gonna do anything.

I suspect a lot of this hire has to do with behind the scenes problems and less with the football team. AD Staff, some of them lifers, have been jumping ship left and right in the last year. Pederson ran the AD like it was his personal fiefdom. He pissed off the admin and the boosters. When the Asst AD in charge of gifting took the walk of shame two weeks ago I think that was the incident that pushed Pearlman over the top. This move brings a steady hand back to the AD.

The reality was that as long as Pederson and his caustic style were running things you would no longer be able to retain staff. As well, it would be impossible to hire a new HC if need be.

Re: The New AD at NU is _______

That is the $64,000 question. Will he make a change? Can he make a change? I honestly dont think he's gonna do anything.

I suspect a lot of this hire has to do with behind the scenes problems and less with the football team. AD Staff, some of them lifers, have been jumping ship left and right in the last year. Pederson ran the AD like it was his personal fiefdom. He pissed off the admin and the boosters. When the Asst AD in charge of gifting took the walk of shame two weeks ago I think that was the incident that pushed Pearlman over the top. This move brings a steady hand back to the AD.

The reality was that as long as Pederson and his caustic style were running things you would no longer be able to retain staff. As well, it would be impossible to hire a new HC if need be.

BC is done

Who's dumb enough to take the coaching job anyways? Besides Cally of course :)

It's like working for customer service at a grocery store. You can never make anyone happy.

Who's dumb enough to take the coaching job anyways? Besides Cally of course :)

It's like working for customer service at a grocery store. You can never make anyone happy.

The answer to that question will depend on how well Dr. Tom does at quelling the storm that's raging in stincoln. It will also depend on whether he is really an interim AD or if he's going to be the full time AD. For the nubs sake, he really should be an interim guy. Anybody who comes in there with him still working will constantly be in his shadow, and that's not where a coach wants to be. A lot of folks around here wish Mac would have come back as the AD, but in hindsight, the university really made the best choice possible. Mac is involved with the program again, but he's not making any decisions or stepping on any toes. Perfect situation for everybody involved.

If TO stays around for more than 6 months, it'll devolve again.

Back