What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Bottom line as I see it is that the real problem is Cally. But the guy who can fire Cally is also the guy who hired him. Oops. So they had to fire the guy who hired Cally in order to hire somebody who can fire Cally.

Make sense?

Bottom line as I see it is that the real problem is Cally. But the guy who can fire Cally is also the guy who hired him. Oops. So they had to fire the guy who hired Cally in order to hire somebody who can fire Cally.

Make sense?

i'm all for any chaos in lincoln. things that does not make sense, i hope they do times a factor of about 20. :smile2:

how is this for sense?

hiring as interim ad someone who could be construed as the guy that got them into the hiring mess to begin with. :smile2:

hiring as interim ad someone who could be construed as the guy that got them into the hiring mess to begin with. :smile2:

But according to so many people here, Frankie was a damn patron saint and didnt deserve to get fired. Hmmm, interesting.

But according to so many people here, Frankie was a damn patron saint and didnt deserve to get fired. Hmmm, interesting.

i do not think that anyone here is calling him a patron saint. i can only speak for myself when i say that firing him when nu did was really, really stupid in that it surely chased away a number of prospects that might have had a look if you did not bungle it so badly.

same thing now.

i do not think that anyone here is calling him a patron saint. i can only speak for myself when i say that firing him when nu did was really, really stupid in that it surely chased away a number of prospects that might have had a look if you did not bungle it so badly.

same thing now.

We will see what happens this time, Im sure they are already working on potential replacements and will be contacting them soon.

I just look back on it and find it funny that people where going on and on about "Slowpitch" and posting that smilie of him getting whipped and saying how they wanted him there forever. Then he beats CU on their turf in his swang song, fast forward a few years and those same people are saying he got the screwgie. Cant make that stuff up :smile2:

We will see what happens this time, Im sure they are already working on potential replacements and will be contacting them soon.

I just look back on it and find it funny that people where going on and on about "Slowpitch" and posting that smilie of him getting whipped and saying how they wanted him there forever. Then he beats CU on their turf in his swang song, fast forward a few years and those same people are saying he got the screwgie. Cant make that stuff up :smile2:

we had a solich smilie? really?

i do not recall anyone ever saying they wanted solich there forever. who was responsible for that? must have missed those entire conversations.

at any rate, the most interesting dimension to the entire solich thang is how the handling of it screwed nu. it does not get any better than that.

bottom line Solich should have been canned after 7-7 not 9-3 and Bo Peep should have been your guy especially after you got to coaching candidate 17 who just wrecked a veteran Pro team.

we had a solich smilie? really?

i do not recall anyone ever saying they wanted solich there forever. who was responsible for that? must have missed those entire conversations.

at any rate, the most interesting dimension to the entire solich thang is how the handling of it screwed nu. it does not get any better than that.

I dont think you were around here in those days, at least from what I recall. Many people said they loved Solich at NU (I dont recall specific names but there were plenty), of course that was before the beating I mentioned earlier.

I dont think you were around here in those days, at least from what I recall. Many people said they loved Solich at NU (I dont recall specific names but there were plenty), of course that was before the beating I mentioned earlier.

after black friday, i was not too concerned about that game. the buffs turned the corner and showed that they could win a series that had been very competitive.

Peterson to Nebraska??

It's one of the names being thrown around by Husker fans. Could you imagine both CU and NU running the Boise State sytem? Those would be some fun games to watch. I hope the don't hire him, I don't want to have to contend with that.

Re: Peterson to Nebraska??

Possible, I guess. I dont see it happening personally though. Sounds like Pelini is the popular rumor at this point.

One name thats about 1 year too early but who would be a great fit at NU is Jim Harbaugh from Stanford its being tossed around in a few circles. But NU is such a mess they may have to take a flier.

One name thats about 1 year too early but who would be a great fit at NU is Jim Harbaugh from Stanford its being tossed around in a few circles. But NU is such a mess they may have to take a flier.

Why do you say it is "such a mess"?

I see it as the current problems being addressed.

Im curious what factors make it "a mess" in his (or anyones) eyes.

i am going to guess that he is speaking from the possible standpoint of a potential coach.

do you think HOW nu has gone about solich to cally and cally out is a great situation? do you find that other universities go about it the same way? do you think it might scare off people?

i am going to guess that he is speaking from the possible standpoint of a potential coach.

do you think HOW nu has gone about solich to cally and cally out is a great situation? do you find that other universities go about it the same way? do you think it might scare off people?

Well, Cally was SP's hire, and thus has been shown the door in favor of a fresh start. I honestly dont see how that would be a major factor to any candidate, and anyone who is scared off by that is probably not the man for the job anyway.

Its a mess becuase of a couple of things:

1.) TO- you have a Bear Bryant type legacy, no one is ever going to be viewed as better than TO in the Eyes of Huskers, so a coach can only hope to live up to that.

2.) Boosters appear to be Fighting with the school and each other

3.) The team itself is imploding like the Raiders did Under Cally

4.) The structure of the team, most of your big name talent at skill positions is older or are transfers in a year or two this team maybe a mess from a talent standpoint, also cally recruited a lot of great skill players, but also a lot of pussies, this team maybe soft.

5.) the weight of expectation at NU is one of the heaviest in the country unless you can scape-goat Cally the way Domers have Ty Willingham thats an unenviable position.

6.) TO's involvement in the program is bad, he is loosing it as he gets older and has a record of hiring poorly, this is like when Stanford tried to retred Bill Walsh.

7.) Bo Peep - so many people want him back you may see another outcry if he doesnt get the job undermining the new coach.

8.) OU/TX - stronger now than they have ever been, Nu doomed to being at best #3 for a bit, goes back to #5 above

Yes I am talking mostly in relation to a potential hire, this is a much less attractive job that it was when they canned solich, which was a mess unto its self made worse as they had no replacement in place fired him a year to late and looked dumb and desperate when they hired Cally.

Well, Cally was SP's hire, and thus has been shown the door in favor of a fresh start. I honestly dont see how that would be a major factor to any candidate, and anyone who is scared off by that is probably not the man for the job anyway.

of course, it is to be expected that you would view the situation in the best possible light. what i am saying is that data suggested (being as you all had to offer half a million people the coaching position before cally would step to it) that the manner of the solich firing (2 years after a mnc game, after a 9 win season) left prospects thinking nu unstable.

a half year after a b12cg cally looks to be shown the door.

prospects are supposed to get jizzed about it?

Its a mess becuase of a couple of things:

1.) TO- you have a Bear Bryant type legacy, no one is ever going to be viewed as better than TO in the Eyes of Huskers, so a coach can only hope to live up to that.

2.) Boosters appear to be Fighting with the school and each other

3.) The team itself is imploding like the Raiders did Under Cally

4.) The structure of the team, most of your big name talent at skill positions is older or are transfers in a year or two this team maybe a mess from a talent standpoint, also cally recruited a lot of great skill players, but also a lot of pussies, this team maybe soft.

5.) the weight of expectation at NU is one of the heaviest in the country unless you can scape-goat Cally the way Domers have Ty Willingham thats an unenviable position.

6.) TO's involvement in the program is bad, he is loosing it as he gets older and has a record of hiring poorly, this is like when Stanford tried to retred Bill Walsh.

7.) Bo Peep - so many people want him back you may see another outcry if he doesnt get the job undermining the new coach.

8.) OU/TX - stronger now than they have ever been, Nu doomed to being at best #3 for a bit, goes back to #5 above

1) There was a BD legacy at NU when Tom took over. Never say never.

2) True to a point, but most are on the same page, hell they are coming up with the cash to get this done which is no small accomplishment, so I think your statement is a bit exagerated.

3) This year is most likely over, but it has been a train wreck for the past month anyway.

4) There is still talent on this team, a big priority of the new coach will be keeping the incoming class as intact as possible. The cupboard is far from bare and you are correct about the team needing to get tougher.

5) There are expecations at NU, but they arent nearly as high as they once were. They just wont accept giving up 40 plus every game and getting killed by mediocre teams.

6) I dont see Tom being around for long, he is old and just needs to get a few things done and will be back out.

7) Bo is probably the fan fav at this point, but if they hire someone else that is solid hire, there wont be a problem.

8) Seriously? Hasnt it been proven this season that both OU and Texas are very beatable?

2) True to a point, but most are on the same page, hell they are coming up with the cash to get this done which is no small accomplishment, so I think your statement is a bit exagerated.

3) This year is most likely over, but it has been a train wreck for the past month anyway.

4) There is still talent on this team, a big priority of the new coach will be keeping the incoming class as intact as possible. The cupboard is far from bare and you are correct about the team needing to get tougher.

5) There are expecations at NU, but they arent nearly as high as they once were. They just wont accept giving up 40 plus every game and getting killed by mediocre teams.

6) I dont see Tom being around for long, he is old and just needs to get a few things done and will be back out.

7) Bo is probably the fan fav at this point, but if they hire someone else that is solid hire, there wont be a problem.

8) Seriously? Hasnt it been proven this season that both OU and Texas are very beatable?

wow. that is some incredibly potent kool aid that you have there. the rest of the nation sees it differently.

:thumbsup:

Since we are close enough not to warrant arguement on most of these, I'll only discuss 8, they are both beatable but from a longterm stand point they are much stronger programs now than they were a few years ago, combined that with the limitations on schollies, its a tougher road to hoe now than it once was.

wow. that is some incredibly potent kool aid that you have there. the rest of the nation sees it differently.

:thumbsup:

How are NUs expectations any different than those of LSU, Florida, Texas, etc? You know if they were in the same situation heads would be rolling too.

Back