What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Re: The New AD at NU is _______

Well, at least NU got that one right. They had someone lined up before canning Pedey.

doc4715087394349202795479.jpg

would we be concerned if our new AD already looked this tired?

This is great news guys! We get to piss in Dr. Tom's wheaties again!!!!

:woot:

so for a laugh i checked out some Husker boards, they actually think they are going to get Jeff Tedford from Cal....

Self delusion is awesome.

with his record and win statistics...your piss bounces right the **** off. He's ****in 70 of course he doesn't look young.

with his record and win statistics...your piss bounces right the **** off. He's ****in 70 of course he doesn't look young.

Temper, temper. I for one am glad to see "Dr." Tom back. He'll do less damage in Lincoln than D.C.

Way better than Pud's stupid ass. All he cared about was money and not any of the tradition.

Good thing were not OU and do you guys really want to get in the player conduct argument? Come on!

record and win statistics? let me remind you son.....he ain't coachin' and he is the one who handpicked slowpitch, the coach who started you on this downward spiral...AND...he recommended pedey for the job....

his track record on hiring, which is what he'll be doing as AD, is not so good.

glory days.....man they'll pass you by, glory days.....CU is makin' husker kids cry, glory days.....glory dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys.

Good thing were not OU and do you guys really want to get in the player conduct argument? Come on!

Player conduct is boring. Coaching conduct is a hoot. Did Cally really get caught in the other team's pressbox looking at their playbook?

so for a laugh i checked out some Husker boards, they actually think they are going to get Jeff Tedford from Cal....

Self delusion is awesome.

I think they're trying to say that Jeff Tedford will be the first guy to turn them down. :lol:

Solich IMHO wasn't a bad coach. Look at his win-loss. He had some bad times but that's expected your first couple years. Last I knew AD's weren't hired by a head coach? Pedey fired Solich and TO was publicly angry about that.

Solich IMHO wasn't a bad coach. Look at his win-loss. He had some bad times but that's expected your first couple years. Last I knew AD's weren't hired by a head coach? Pedey fired Solich and TO was publicly angry about that.

solich's 'bad' times weren't in his first couple of years....they were toward the end of his NU time...ahem....2002......

Solich's record

1998: 9-4
1999: 12-1
2000: 10-2
2001: 11-2
2002: 7-7
2003: 9-3 (10-3)

:smile2: y'all as a fan base don't get any smarter for having to go through the same situation over and over, do you? if you could stretch your mind back to the solich debacle, throwing money at the problem was your approach. that did not turn out as well as you hoped, did it?

yet here you are thinking the same solution will net a different result. tell me that the most knowledgeable and classy fans are more savvy to the handful of factors that truly prevent nebraska from going "right back to the 90s". we have offered them up as food for thought on numerous occasions. namely:

* NCAA made it illegal to offer anyone on the team "academic schollies". that meant your instate boys had to get in under the same number of schollies allotted to every other team in america. dr. tom bails the year this decision came down. sorry, no two-fer schollies for you.
* you are no longer offering the premier system in america which enhanced your ability to exclusively recruit your skill player, having crashed and burned the option. you now get to compete with everyone else too.

sorry waylon. throwing money at the coach is not going to fix the components that broke down on you. arrogance is not going to fix the problem for you. pretty much, this excerpt is what it would take to fix the problem:

from http://ajthoughts.blogspot.com/

You misread my intent LB... I dont disagree with you.... I just find it dam funny :lol:you have such a burning hatred for him. I have told you at length my thoughts about TO and how he was manipulating things with this SP regime... put your claws away.... we agree.

I think NU shoulda hired my old buddy from Chitown, Steve Idelman. He is a big NU homer and he could have blanketed the state with telephone calls to get out and support Big Red. He was the owner of the Omaha Racers, not like he didn't have any experience.

At least this means that Callahan will be there for a few more years. Tom Osborne will not fire anyone, it is not his style. He may get Callahan to replace an assistant or two but he is not going to be a hatchet man.

Osborne can probably help smooth some of the turmoil that Pederson created in the AD and he will certainly be good with boosters - leveraging his legacy into goodwill.

Osbourne can do no wrong in the state of NE.

I bet he could fire Cally and hire the coach from Chadron State and he'll be heralded as a hero. The admins made a great PR choice with this one.

I'll concede the point that he'll do a better job at managing the day-to-day operations than Pedy.

Just because he led the 'skers to back to back nat'l championships doesn't mean he can do no wrong.

Last edited:
I think they're trying to say that Jeff Tedford will be the first guy to turn them down. :lol:

I think Tedford is in the $2 mil range currently. He has turned down NFL teams, and could prolly have any collegiate job he wanted, if he was to want a different one than Cal.

An excellent choice, but not realistic.

You misread my intent LB... I dont disagree with you.... I just find it dam funny :lol:you have such a burning hatred for him. I have told you at length my thoughts about TO and how he was manipulating things with this SP regime... put your claws away.... we agree.

hatred for who? i do not have a burning hatred for any of the schmoes that nu hires. i have a burning hatred for about 70-80% of your fanbase. :nod:

a fanbase, as we have commented, just can't seem to get it through their head that they are trying to fix the least broken part of their problems, and who are possibly going to make the situation worse.

don't tell me its a good thing that we are not corn fans. we KNOW its a good thing we aren't. don't tell us you will be great because you will not stand for less. your money cannot bring back what you need: an unfair scholarship advantage and exclusive recruit picks. THAT is the broken part of the red waggon. no coach can accomplish "fixing" it, no matter how many times you throw money at it. you will NEVER regain the edge you had through the 90s.

hatred for who? i do not have a burning hatred for any of the schmoes that nu hires. i have a burning hatred for about 70-80% of your fanbase. :nod:

a fanbase, as we have commented, just can't seem to get it through their head that they are trying to fix the least broken part of their problems, and who are possibly going to make the situation worse.

don't tell me its a good thing that we are not corn fans. we KNOW its a good thing we aren't. don't tell us you will be great because you will not stand for less. your money cannot bring back what you need: an unfair scholarship advantage and exclusive recruit picks. THAT is the broken part of the red waggon. no coach can accomplish "fixing" it, no matter how many times you throw money at it. you will NEVER regain the edge you had through the 90s.

I think there are many things that need to be fixed for things to get much better. Coaching staff and athletic director are obviously big ones, but the chancellor leaving and keeping the donations going are big ones as well. I don't automatically think since T.O. is here that things are going to be leaps and bounds better, but in the long run it's going to be better than Pedey. The donations is definately a concern.

Back