What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Mayor's Journey To Election Day

Eric Goodman was saying that some in the CU program were telling him they were a *better* team minus Dre. This was before Spencer went down though. The reasoning was Dre was a liability on the offensive end.

I really don't see how anyone in the program could say that having one less pro level player on the team made CU a better team in 13-14. Dre wasn't someone to run the offense through....but he would have shut down the other teams best player and he was a rebounding machine. Don't see the reasoning that we were better without him

Eric Goodman was saying that some in the CU program were telling him they were a *better* team minus Dre. This was before Spencer went down though. The reasoning was Dre was a liability on the offensive end.
That's some absolute bull****. you see our D this year?

Really??? So, your starting 5 if Dre had been here would have been Spencer, Ski, XJ, Dre, and Josh. The replacement is Wes for Dre. Was Wes less of an offensive liability than Dre? Wes had 5 double-digit scoring games all season. Dre had a career scoring average of 9.6ppg. Goodman either needs to actually watch some CU basketball, or have his head checked if he is buying in to what he says someone in the program said. Yes, Dre would have demanded more opportunities on the offensive end than Wes did this year, but he also seems to have been better at making those opportunities count (Dre = 51.6% FG, Wes = 47.5% FG).

That's some absolute bull****. you see our D this year?

:nod:

The 2013-14 Buffs (when healthy) were better than the 2012-13 Buffs. But that was in spite of not having Dre, not because of not having him. Even on offense Dre was a consistent double-digit scorer despite him not needing to be a high volume shooter or have very many plays run for him. He was missed and it's silly to think otherwise.

That said, players on the team should be confident in themselves and I'm glad to hear that some players felt that they were able to improve as a team without having Dre in the lineup. That is exactly where they need to have their heads.

I really don't see how anyone in the program could say that having one less pro level player on the team made CU a better team in 13-14. Dre wasn't someone to run the offense through....but he would have shut down the other teams best player and he was a rebounding machine. Don't see the reasoning that we were better without him

Really??? So, your starting 5 if Dre had been here would have been Spencer, Ski, XJ, Dre, and Josh. The replacement is Wes for Dre. Was Wes less of an offensive liability than Dre? Wes had 5 double-digit scoring games all season. Dre had a career scoring average of 9.6ppg. Goodman either needs to actually watch some CU basketball, or have his head checked if he is buying in to what he says someone in the program said. Yes, Dre would have demanded more opportunities on the offensive end than Wes did this year, but he also seems to have been better at making those opportunities count (Dre = 51.6% FG, Wes = 47.5% FG).
When he said that first part about them being better without him, I asked him (via Twitter) to clarify. That was his response.

JG can we get comparative offensive win-shares for the 2?

Found the convo:
@EricGoodman Jan 5
When A. Roberson left for #NBA.. Person high up in #CUBUFFS hoops program told me... Wanted him to stay, but would be better without him.

‏@levineps Jan 5 @EricGoodman I'm not quite sure how we are better without him, but I don't think we lost as much as some did.

@EricGoodman Jan 5 @levineps I was told... Since no offensive plays were run for Roberson... Opposing D didn't have to guard leaving Scott doubled..

Ideally, you'd like to get a quick response from The Mayor, either way. But understand he has to make the best decision for him, even if it's one of those last minute decisions.

And plays were run for Gordon? In the Pac 12 tourney, they we're doubling Scott off of Gordon and Scott didn't even have the ball.

And plays were run for Gordon? In the Pac 12 tourney, they we're doubling Scott off of Gordon and Scott didn't even have the ball.
Exactly. Wes was such a complete non-factor on the offensive side of the ball late in the season that teams just routinely didn't guard him. At the very least you had to commit somebody to guard Dre.

Exactly. Wes was such a complete non-factor on the offensive side of the ball late in the season that teams just routinely didn't guard him. At the very least you had to commit somebody to guard Dre.

You had to account for him simply for the fact that he went after every offensive rebound

Found the convo:

That makes more sense--just someone trying to look on the bright side of Roberson going pro--some might even call that person a "sunshine pumper."

As everyone else has noted, the team would've been much better with Dre than without.

The draft keeps getting stronger. I wonder if The Mayor has been waiting to see how enters the draft? If so, it could be a good sign for him coming back.

Hey, thats all I got!

I saw him in Whole Foods and called him "Dr Dre" and he looked at me like i had ten heads.
Thats odd. I got to know Arielle pretty well last year cause she was on my friends floor. One of the most down to earth people I have ever met. He was really chill

Thats odd. I got to know Arielle pretty well last year cause she was on my friends floor. One of the most down to earth people I have ever met. He was really chill
Did you ever think that maybe crosby87 does, in fact, have ten heads?

Kinda surprising Nick Johnson leaning toward declaring. I wonder if a team out there is promising him guaranteed money of some kind for him to do that. Likely to be a much different Zona team next year.

Scary thing is that Stanley Johnson's a better player than Gordon.

They'll miss NJ a lot, and their defense will go down a bit (thank God) with NJ & Gordon gone, but they're still a pre-season top 5 team.

Scary thing is that Stanley Johnson's a better player than Gordon.

They'll miss NJ a lot, and their defense will go down a bit (thank God) with NJ & Gordon gone, but they're still a pre-season top 5 team.

Being able to bring PJC off the bench to spell McConnell is pretty nasty as well.

I really think Aaron Gordon and Nick Johnson made their defense so tough, especially Gordon being such a freak athlete guarding four positions.

They won't be as dominant on defense next year, but their offense should be much better with Stanley Johnson.

I really think Aaron Gordon and Nick Johnson made their defense so tough, especially Gordon being such a freak athlete guarding four positions.

They won't be as dominant on defense next year, but their offense should be much better with Stanley Johnson.

RHJ and McConnell are pretty underrated on D too. They're still going to be fierce, but not the Giant Death Robot that Rumblin' referred to them as.

Cauley-stein and Harrell coming back is big. If the Harrison twins return then Dinwiddie has a strong shot at 1st. Exum, Smart, and Ennis are likely top 15. What other PGs would you draft ahead of Dinwiddie?

Cauley-stein and Harrell coming back is big. If the Harrison twins return then Dinwiddie has a strong shot at 1st. Exum, Smart, and Ennis are likely top 15. What other PGs would you draft ahead of Dinwiddie?

Elfrid Payton, Napier, Andrew Harrison, Semaj Christon, and I think there is a Euro who is fairly highly thought of who would probably all go before him.

OK, the person arguing for him to stay REALLY needs a fact checker. That is painfully bad.

Funny thing- they're both just painfully stupid. The guy arguing for him to go pro cited our post. Our post was just making fun of the fact that there was no new info on his decision making process. Additional research isn't helping Alissa Noe- she just doesn't understand that raw numbers mean very little when projecting a player to the next level. Both of them made terrible, facile arguments. This is the worst high school debate transcript I've ever read.

Back