What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

This team should still make the Rose Bowl......

College football is the only sport where the loser of a gold medal game can get the bronze. The Rose Bowl douchebags should just announce that the most important aspect of their selection criteria is whether or not you are a California school.
The Rose Bowl has no choice, the committee placed them ahead of us.

I don't get the anger over the selection of USC for the Rose. They beat us head to head and had a ridiculous second half of the season. Yes, the game at SC was close, but in some ways it was deceivingly close. SC made a lot of mistakes that kept us in that game. The Rose was there for the taking and I believe a competitive showing against UW would've made all the difference. Instead we got our teeth kicked in against a team USC recently beat on the road. We're just not the better team.

I don't get the anger over the selection of USC for the Rose. They beat us head to head and had a ridiculous second half of the season. Yes, the game at SC was close, but in some ways it was deceivingly close. SC made a lot of mistakes that kept us in that game. The Rose was there for the taking and I believe a competitive showing against UW would've made all the difference. Instead we got our teeth kicked in against a team USC recently beat on the road. We're just not the better team.
The problem is people blame the USC game on Montez, but let's be honest, outside of what he did against Michigan -- we've scored 10, 13, 20, and 0 (In 2.5 qtrs against UW) offensive points with Sefo against equally great defenses and he's had some really awful numbers in those games. Montez arguably had a pretty decent performance considering. I love Sefo and he brings some really great leadership qualities but based on his performances against other defenses I think it's very likely it doesn't go much better with Sefo in there.

Last edited:
Lets be honest. With the performance we put up against uw, there is / was no chance at Rose Bowl. If we would have won? We would be in. If the Buffs would have showed a pulse during the game, we would be in. When the other team comes out and has two different RB's go for 100+ on the ground against you, then stonewalls the offense? No chance in hell.
We as fans and the Buff players and coaches need to be happy about the bowl we are going to, it could have been worse. After the length of time we have been off the map in football ? Hey, were going to a bowl.

The problem is people blame the USC game on Montez, but let's be honest, outside of what he did against Michigan -- we've scored 10, 13, 20, and 0 (In 2.5 qtrs against UW) offensive points with Sefo against equally great defenses and he's had some really awful numbers in those games. Montez arguably had a pretty decent performance considering. I love Sefo and he brings some really great leadership qualities but based on his performances against other defenses I think it's very likely it doesn't go much better with Sefo in there.

You may be right. Difficult to say with any certainty. Sefo's advantage was leadership and pacing. Montez was typically more frenetic. But I don't blame that game on Montez. It was on the offense as a whole. Granted there were points left on the field by USC, but the D still had us in a position to win a game we otherwise had no business winning.

Now, had we lost the Oregon game, that would've been on Montez.

Back