What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Trouble in Chapel Hill - BREAKING: Butch Davis fired

Some publications have them rated #1 for 2012. Are they eligible to play for the BCS championship this year? If they are, that's a small bite - no?

I'm not sure what you wanted done or what you think USC was actually found guilty of doing.

Honestly, they got hammered. Especially when you consider that the penalty was one of those, "We can't prove much but what went on made a lot of headlines and we've got suspicions there was stuff going on that we can't prove, so we're going to nail you to the wall."

I'm not sure what you wanted done or what you think USC was actually found guilty of doing.

Honestly, they got hammered. Especially when you consider that the penalty was one of those, "We can't prove much but what went on made a lot of headlines and we've got suspicions there was stuff going on that we can't prove, so we're going to nail you to the wall."
Reggie Bush grew up in the gettos of LA. When he played for USC his mother was living in a nice house in a good neighborhood. I guess the work study program at USC pays well.

Reggie Bush's situation was certainly dirty. They were right to hand down infractions and strip the wins. What was unclear was how much the university knew about it.

One of the more interesting aspects of the penalties is that John Blake was handed a 3 year no recruiting allowed sanction. Blake may have been effectively retired anyway, but no way he would be getting another job with that handcuff. Looks like the NCAA is starting to get serious about accountability at the coach level and not just hanging it all on the school.

One of the more interesting aspects of the penalties is that John Blake was handed a 3 year no recruiting allowed sanction. Blake may have been effectively retired anyway, but no way he would be getting another job with that handcuff. Looks like the NCAA is starting to get serious about accountability at the coach level and not just hanging it all on the school.

Jim Tressel agrees with this post.

Dude. Are you seriously complaining that we don't discuss the things that interest you enough? Seriously?

I'm sorry we've let you down.

Are there are other topics that we've neglected in your opinion?

The Fukashima thread has taken off again recently, but it's still shorter than this thread, so I'm not sure we've indulged the appropriate amount of conversation on such a serious matter.

This post is a great example of what I was referring to in the "Allbuffs is so awesome let's pat ourselves on the back" thread, about a lot of new posters being ****ing morons.

No. Not complaining about lack of content. Suggesting there may be a better way to present it. But I see all the people with 1000s of posts are quite happy with the way things are. Dinosaurs probably felt that way once. It is clear the long timers are disinterested in what I am trying to get across. That's okay with me.

Jim Tressel agrees with this post.
Him, too. Coaches got off easy for too long. Calipari got out of Memphis just before the NCAA lynch mob came through and all he got was one of the most coveted coaching positions in the country to show for it.

This is a great example of what I was referring to in the "Allbiffs is so awesome let us pat ourselves on the back" thread. A 2 year old post with 162 responses as the sole information source on a significant announcement in regards to UNC's sanctions. Could be an interesting discussion but notice how few responded to the latest update?

See? See? Officious bull**** that adds nothing. I cannot believe I have to put up with this. Good god! Work on some content, brother.

Reggie Bush's situation was certainly dirty. They were right to hand down infractions and strip the wins. What was unclear was how much the university knew about it.

Also, they couldn't find any connection between USC and that street agent so they couldn't show that USC benefited in any way from the deal the Bush family cut with the guy.

Also, they couldn't find any connection between USC and that street agent so they couldn't show that USC benefited in any way from the deal the Bush family cut with the guy.

Yep. It is one thing to have a kid driving a bunch of new cars around campus (Pryor). It is another to have a family cutting a deal for a new house well off-campus.

No. Not complaining about lack of content. Suggesting there may be a better way to present it. But I see all the people with 1000s of posts are quite happy with the way things are. Dinosaurs probably felt that way once. It is clear the long timers are disinterested in what I am trying to get across. That's okay with me.

I just got my first thread jack! Woohoo! Actually, that was just all I had time for yesterday. The point is valid regardless of circumstance.

Him, too. Coaches got off easy for too long. Calipari got out of Memphis just before the NCAA lynch mob came through and all he got was one of the most coveted coaching positions in the country to show for it.

Jesus H. Tapdancin'.... even dinosaurs know how to use the multiquote function.

And yet, when I ask how the information could be better presented, I get no response. Maybe we'd be more interested in what you're trying to get across if you'd actually try to get something across besides vague complaints about people who post here more than you do posting here more than you do....

Yep. It is one thing to have a kid driving a bunch of new cars around campus (Pryor). It is another to have a family cutting a deal for a new house well off-campus.

Reggie (and OJ Mayo) were also reportedly driving around campus in brand new cars. There are some things that the program shouldn't be able to overlook and be responsible for knowing.

Reggie (and OJ Mayo) were also reportedly driving around campus in brand new cars. There are some things that the program shouldn't be able to overlook and be responsible for knowing.

Sure, but the main source of the Reggie Bush probe surrounds the house. The NCAA's rationale for what USC should have know about it was flimsy at best.

And yet, when I ask how the information could be better presented, I get no response. Maybe we'd be more interested in what you're trying to get across if you'd actually try to get something across besides vague complaints about people who post here more than you do posting here more than you do....

Sorry Junction - I didn't pick up on the sincerity of the question amongst all the attacks. Even your post as a mod asks for feedback while simultaneously taking a swipe.

In this case, my suggestion is fairly simple: the goal of keeping all the comments about one subject within one thread has merit - to a point. If a thread hasn't had any new posts for an extended period of time (60 days? 90 days? 180 days?), I would recommend a better process is to start a new thread than tag on to an old one. How you implement that is another story. It seems some of the "thread moderation" is clean up by mods, some of it is habits from people understanding that is how they are supposed to post.

Sorry Junction - I didn't pick up on the sincerity of the question amongst all the attacks. Even your post as a mod asks for feedback while simultaneously taking a swipe.

In this case, my suggestion is fairly simple: the goal of keeping all the comments about one subject within one thread has merit - to a point. If a thread hasn't had any new posts for an extended period of time (60 days? 90 days? 180 days?), I would recommend a better process is to start a new thread than tag on to an old one. How you implement that is another story. It seems some of the "thread moderation" is clean up by mods, some of it is habits from people understanding that is how they are supposed to post.

What is the point of starting a new thread on an ongoing subject, just because there hasn't been any developments for a while? What is wrong with incorporating the previous discussion on the subject? The software will take you to the first new post, and also show that there have been new posts in the thread. I really don't understand why you think ending up with 5 or 6 different threads on the same subject spread out through the history of the forum is preferable. There certainly isn't enough difference, imo, to justify you coming into the thread to complain about the fact that the new information was posted in this thread.

So USC has a player whose mother suddenly lives in a house in a nice section of LA who was probably on welfare before, and they just ignore it. He won the Heisman for USC, and you are saying USC didn't benefit from a Heisman and a National Championship? They were stripped of both, but the NCAA can't take the money back that the university made during this period on the football program.

Last edited:
So USC has a player whose mother suddenly lives in a house in a nice section of LA who was probably on welfare before, and they just ignore it. He won the Heisman for USC, and you are saying USC didn't benefit from a Heisman and a National Championship? They were stripped of both, but the NCAA can't take the money back that the university made during this period on the football program.
It's truly a shame that the ncaa can't fine the schools, particularly considering the extra coin the college makes in situations like this.

What is the point of starting a new thread on an ongoing subject, just because there hasn't been any developments for a while? What is wrong with incorporating the previous discussion on the subject? The software will take you to the first new post, and also show that there have been new posts in the thread. I really don't understand why you think ending up with 5 or 6 different threads on the same subject spread out through the history of the forum is preferable. There certainly isn't enough difference, imo, to justify you coming into the thread to complain about the fact that the new information was posted in this thread.

I just had a great little sidebar with Junction and he showed me how to jump to the latest post since I last viewed a thread. That was fantastic and much appreciated (and probably took a bit of patience). Bitch session over - I can now effectively get around Allbuffs! I know, I know, you don't care... That's okay I will slowly figure out how to fit in.
:thumbsup2:

I just had a great little sidebar with Junction and he showed me how to jump to the latest post since I last viewed a thread. That was fantastic and much appreciated (and probably took a bit of patience). Bitch session over - I can now effectively get around Allbuffs! I know, I know, you don't care... That's okay I will slowly figure out how to fit in.

Your friends and family should be very afraid! Besides that are you 35? Requirement to be here.

Your friends and family should be very afraid! Besides that are you 35? Requirement to be here.
They probably should be afraid. I fit the age requirement when Allbuffs started several years ago - just settled on another board as my first stop and didn't come around much for many years. So technically, I meet the age requirement by a comfortable margin. As long as we don't have any maturity tests, I should be just fine.

Nice! It really helps with stories like this one, the Terrelle Pryor/Jim Tressel saga, and the Joe Paterno/Sandusky stuff. When we can keep the info to one or two threads, it does not clog up the board with multiple threads on the same exact topic.

Can't you read? From his username he is clearly 92....
This would be a great time for all the 92 yo's to stand up and defend their demographic as being better than my recent actions. In my case it simply represents the year I was finally pushed out of CU with the appropriate paper in my hands. A fantastic way to spend 5 years.

This would be a great time for all the 92 yo's to stand up and defend their demographic as being better than my recent actions. In my case it simply represents the year I was finally pushed out of CU with the appropriate paper in my hands. A fantastic way to spend 5 years.

DBT has already made the opposite case. I'm not sure there's any changing the perception now....

Back