What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wasn't it two or three years ago that

Then why not give the bashing a rest? Then we'll be even. Or is the "Hawkins-in-a-Kool-ade-pitcher" type crap fair game?
:smile:
He's getting a fifth year, and with his record - what's the complaint ?

He's getting a fifth year, and with his record - what's the complaint ?
How about lets just move on and see what happens? It really isn't doing any of us any good to argue about how we will do next year since no one really knows. We all want a top 10 type of program. I don't know what's right or wrong anymore.

Stop confusing people with the facts. The Rockies are solidly in the middle of the pack as far as payroll for MLB and have been moving up that list, not down it over the past few years.

As one who loves the Buffs and respects Hawk as a person I have called for his replacement as HC but will support the team this upcoming season, hoping for better results than I expect.

When Hawk was hired I was excited and a big supporter. I know that lots of people here like to credit Petterson and others with his success at Boise but he was the man in charge and he won a lot of games. You don't do that unless you know something about coaching football. The trouble is that he is the man in charge here now and has lost a lot of games, again people can blame a lot of other factors but after four years it comes back to him and based on the last two seasons I have not seen evidence on the field to convince me that things are about to change.

We have some talented players, many of whom are just now coming into the point in their college careers where they would be expected to shine. Unfortunately this is the Big XII, everybody has some talented young players who are ready to come into their own and show what they can do. We have had some key injuries and lost some key players to non-football issues, again this happens to everybody, we are not alone in these issues.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong because I would love for this team to have significant success. I would like to see Hawkins win and return to the success he had at Boise at the Big XII level, he is a guy who has cleaned up the image of the program, recruits quality kids, and graduates them. I truly believe that he is the kind of guy that many parents would want to trust with the development of their sons as people.

The trouble is that it just has not happened on the field. The Buffs are one of the most penalized teams in all of college football, mostly based on the type of penalties that show a lack of discipline, not from agressiveness. Every game we see false starts, illegal formations, illegal shifts, ineligible downfield, etc. Virtually every game we see this team using timeouts due to confusion about personel on the field, getting into the proper formation etc. For four years we have seen a team that has problems simply calling a play, getting the right players on the field, lining up, and snapping the ball before the playclock expires. Winning coaches get this part down in the first year. We have seen constant indecision over starting line-ups, playing time, which position a player will play at, etc. To make things worse some of our worst preparation has been for teams that we have no excuse for losing to but we have managed to do so, sometimes in embarassing fashion. If we are getting beat by Texas, OU, WVU, Georgia, etc. then I don't like it but I can understand it, those teams beat a lot of people who have quality teams. Losing to Montana State, Toledo, CSU, Iowa State multiple times, KSU, etc. is inexcusable for a team the stature of Colorado.

Like it or not, Hawkins is our coach for 2010. As a Buff fan I will hope every week that we win and would love to see Hawk make college footballs greatest turnaround for his sake and the sake of the team. I just simply don't believe it will happen based on the facts we have seen on the field so far.

The problem now is that the enthusiasm that was present in Hawks first couple of real recruiting years has passed as well. Some kids are still believing it can happen, a lot more look at the results on the field over the past four years and understand that if they come to CU they will either be playing for a coach who has failed to turn it around or more likely will play most of their careers for a different coach who eventually replaces Hawkins and is unknown to them now.

The only thing I disagree with is being one of the most penalized teams in all of college football. That was an issue this season, but had not been an issue the previous 3 seasons.

2009 - 107 penalties, 907 yards - 3 wins
2008 - 65 penalties, 516 yards - 5 wins
2007 - 84 penalties, 696 yards - 6 wins
2006 - 63 penalties, 559 yards - 2 wins

We've won more games in the seasons we've had more penalties :lol:

And I don't disagree with that. At the end of the season I was on board with firing Hawkins and, when he wasn't, making changes in the staff. I have no control over that. And since it didn't happen, I don't see why its a crime to look at the team and evaluate where I think they could be better. I don't see why I always have to end up being the bad guy, getting called names and getting personally attacked for just trying to point out areas where I honestly think there will be improvement next year. And I GUARANTEE you that there are those who, while not wanting CU to lose, want to see Dan Hawkins fail. And when I give even some semblance of pulling for him to show he can coach and hope that he does turn it around, there are a few, not many, but a few here that rake me over the coals and call me a "Hawkins lover," which isn't even close to the truth. I'm no big fan of his. He has given me very little reason to like him or defend him. He does stupid **** that makes me roll my eyes. But I hope he gets over that stuff, turns it around, and makes me a believer in him. A lot of people want him to fall on his face and prove their disdain for him so that they can say "I told you so!!!" And some, it seem, would like to see me gang raped if CU does fail. :lol:

What a cry baby!!! During the season you bashed everyone who did not agree with you. I remember one night you posted a swearword reply every time I posted anything...but when people get on your case you just whine like you are a victim. Get over yourself when you are a jerk it is suppose to be okay but you cannot take the heat yourself....:moon:

What a cry baby!!! During the season you bashed everyone who did not agree with you. I remember one night you posted a swearword reply every time I posted anything...but when people get on your case you just whine like you are a victim. Get over yourself when you are a jerk it is suppose to be okay but you cannot take the heat yourself....:moon:
Thanks for your input.

Not sure what the "irony" is.

I, for one, still think we have the players and athletes to compete; it is the coaching and failure to develop that talent that has thrown me off my prediction that 2010 would be the year of the Buffalo.

Great point beltway, from my standpoint this seems to be your biggest problem. We ran into the same thing with Callahan, he could recruit and get the talent here, but him and the coaching staff at the time couldn't develop them.

**** off you piece of ****. I know I've put a lot on the line but at least I TRY to do it with class. That is, until I get posts like this.

The Allsomeness of this one post cannot be overstated.

The Allsomeness of this one post cannot be overstated.
:lol:, I know. I feel bad about it. I guess I felt kind of backed into a corner and lashed out. Now that I'm finally back to work and off the pain pills, I think I'll be better. Thanks for the reality check. Although, I must say, there are more than a few on this board that could use one as well. :smile:

all right! i think that just about wraps everything up.

oooh!!! and all before lunch too!

Back