What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We take you now to Chapel Hill, NC ... AGAIN

All of the non significant revenue generating schools better be scared, cause the NCAA is going to bring the hammer down on them to show how strong they are, after they let UNC off with a stern wrist slap.

They aren't gonna do much to them, they are a blue blood. Should they? Yes. Will they? Doubtful.
They will come down with a long list of sanctions which look severe but when you see the details are relatively mild to meaningless.

They will vacate wins and titles. Meaningless because it isn't like people are simply going to forget that they won those games.
Suspend an assistant coach from recruiting or even from coaching. The one they pick will be one who is getting ready to retire anyways or who gets kicked into an administrative position.
Throw the book at a number of individuals in the academic advising department. Again they will retire them or assign them to other departments in the school "away" from athletics. These are moves they likely would have made anyways and are easy to replace.
Reduce their scholarships for football and basketball. Intitially call it a 4 or 5 year penalty but count it backwards since they were below scholarship numbers anyways, then after a year or two reduce or eliminate this sanction.
Give them a year without post-season play, again not a big deal for a football program which will either not be bowl eligible or will miss out on a fairly minor bowl.
Make them submit a plan to correct the deficiencies. In other words they promise to be good.

Overall they make it look like they are getting hammered but reality is that they pretty much do business as normal, or close to normal. They might even start making kids go to class.

Reactions: DBT
They will come down with a long list of sanctions which look severe but when you see the details are relatively mild to meaningless.

They will vacate wins and titles. Meaningless because it isn't like people are simply going to forget that they won those games.
Suspend an assistant coach from recruiting or even from coaching. The one they pick will be one who is getting ready to retire anyways or who gets kicked into an administrative position.
Throw the book at a number of individuals in the academic advising department. Again they will retire them or assign them to other departments in the school "away" from athletics. These are moves they likely would have made anyways and are easy to replace.
Reduce their scholarships for football and basketball. Intitially call it a 4 or 5 year penalty but count it backwards since they were below scholarship numbers anyways, then after a year or two reduce or eliminate this sanction.
Give them a year without post-season play, again not a big deal for a football program which will either not be bowl eligible or will miss out on a fairly minor bowl.
Make them submit a plan to correct the deficiencies. In other words they promise to be good.

Overall they make it look like they are getting hammered but reality is that they pretty much do business as normal, or close to normal. They might even start making kids go to class.
Agree with everything but the last sentence. There's no way that happens.

picture taken by statmanfromHCyrs at techsideline.com, in the lot at PNC Arena, leaving the VT @ NCSU beat down last night

uncch_sm.jpg

Maryland president Wallace Loh says he would expect North Carolina to get the "death penalty" over the academic allegations that have hung over the athletic program since 2010.

"As president, I sit over a number of dormant volcanoes," Loh said during a University of Maryland senate meeting Thursday, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. "One of them is an athletic scandal. It blows up, it blows up the university, its reputation, it blows up the president.

"For the things that happened in North Carolina, it's abysmal. I would think that this would lead to the implementation of the death penalty by the NCAA. But I'm not in charge of that."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...th-penalty-north-carolina-tar-heels-athletics

That is an amazing statement by the Maryland president. Wow.

Maryland president Wallace Loh says he would expect North Carolina to get the "death penalty" over the academic allegations that have hung over the athletic program since 2010.

"As president, I sit over a number of dormant volcanoes," Loh said during a University of Maryland senate meeting Thursday, according to the Raleigh News & Observer. "One of them is an athletic scandal. It blows up, it blows up the university, its reputation, it blows up the president.

"For the things that happened in North Carolina, it's abysmal. I would think that this would lead to the implementation of the death penalty by the NCAA. But I'm not in charge of that."

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/...th-penalty-north-carolina-tar-heels-athletics

Don't get caught, all I have to say about it lol.

And well deserved. Calculated theft of their education.

That doesn't shock me at all about UNC. Heard plenty of things about them over the years. Not just football either, a lot of sports.

There's not much a school can do about agents getting to their players and paying them. That's the sort of violation that drives a school crazy.

Man, I think they are in serious ****, despite my earlier comments. Heard an analyst talking about it earlier, he talked to some Ncaa guy and he said he'd never seen anything like it before. I don't see the death penalty because I doubt it'll happen again. I think they'll hammer them pretty hard though.

Back