What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We take you now to Chapel Hill, NC ... AGAIN

Wow! Another chunk taken out of my love of college sport. Not sure I have much affection left.
Agreed. Saturday morning and I’m watching Disney Jr shows with my 3 year old and don’t even care that college football is on.

so the head of the panel that reviewed the UNC matter is Greg Sankey, commish of the SEC.

theory #1: the NCAA is ineffective and would have reached similar conclusions regardless of who was in charge
theory #2: this is nothing for SEC schools and Sankey honestly didn't see anything wrong
theory #3: backroom deal took place and we'll see UNC bolt to the SEC within 2 years

my subjective probability for each theory being correct is 50%/20%/30% respectively.

Ruling was outside the COI’s bylaws once NC reversed course with Cameron report.

Sankey was pissed. But Committee had no choice given bylaws.

The AAU needs to punish North Carolina and revoke their status.

From this article:

Perhaps the Association of American Universities (AAU) could sanction and/or de-certify the University of No Character on the grounds of academic fraud? They certainly de-certified the great great kNU on far less egregious shortcomings (although well justified of course).

There's a certain so-called "university" that's missing from this webpage image ... and one that certainly should be very soon (can you guess what they are?). I truly intend to research any procedures for removing UNC from this graphic/list. Not sure what the "standing" issues my be for this kind of action, but I should certainly think that this kind of thing** would disqualify any university from membership in what is an organization that is internationally recognized as exemplary for academic excellence.

If anyone here wants to contact the AAU and urge them to de-certify UNC for academic fraud, here's a contact link with which you can register your opinion. I already did last night.

Yep but it still needs a governing body imho. Otherwise it's the Wild West. It can't be the NCAA though.

Sooner or later because the universities won't do it themselves they are going to have governance thrust on them and they aren't going to like it.

We have seen decades of repeated inexcusable behavior and the universities condoning if not encouraging it and the NCAA turning a blind eye.

This stuff isn't just slipping a kid some cash. It includes the stuff that has happened at Miami with hookers and drugs and guns, at Penn State with child rape being ignored, with Nebraska and other schools covering up crimes like rape and domestic violence to keep kids playing. UNC commiting academic fraud, etc. etc.

Baylor is the current top example coming off having a basketball player kill another player over a drug deal and then following it up with the systematic covering up of multiple rapes.

College football rules the day in a lot of states but not every state. I firmly believe that at some point we will have a junior senator or relatively new US Representative decide to make a name for themselves by going after college sports. The things listed above will provide more than enough media grabbing testimony in hearings. Nobody wants to be known as the elected official who goes light on the rapist and the other offenses, especially when millions of dollars and public institutions are involved.

In the end they are going to end up with public oversight. They are going to have federal authorities with the authority to open records and compel people to speak with them and with the ability to hit them where it hurts, denying access to federal funds including guaranteed student loans, grants, research dollars, etc.

As much as I don't like UNC... ...I don't think this one is that bad. The players KNEW it was wrong....unless they've been living in a cave and their coaches/advisors are morons that fail to tell them BASIC rules to follow, the kids knew and did it anyway. They should get punishment, but their actions are not atrocious. So they made some money off of what they received for their labor... ...the rule, as well as the whole NCAA, needs to change...it's frustrating. Seems just like yesterday Pryor was front and center of the media for selling stuff...

UNC though, particularly their football program, should have received harsh punishment for the academic scandal... .... ...I get that they're not alone, but **** it, make them an example. The academic scandal was one of the worst things, and honestly permanently jaded me with college sports. I love college sports, but damn it's ****ed up. How the academic scandal at UNC didn't get more public outcry, especially the lack of punishment, shows how much academics has fallen in the general populace's perception. **** UNC, and more importantly, **** the NCAA.

As much as I don't like UNC... ...I don't think this one is that bad. The players KNEW it was wrong....unless they've been living in a cave and their coaches/advisors are morons that fail to tell them BASIC rules to follow, the kids knew and did it anyway. They should get punishment, but their actions are not atrocious. So they made some money off of what they received for their labor... ...the rule, as well as the whole NCAA, needs to change...it's frustrating. Seems just like yesterday Pryor was front and center of the media for selling stuff...

UNC though, particularly their football program, should have received harsh punishment for the academic scandal... .... ...I get that they're not alone, but **** it, make them an example. The academic scandal was one of the worst things, and honestly permanently jaded me with college sports. I love college sports, but damn it's ****ed up. How the academic scandal at UNC didn't get more public outcry, especially the lack of punishment, shows how much academics has fallen in the general populace's perception. **** UNC, and more importantly, **** the NCAA.
Maybe the school/program did nothing wrong here but it still speaks to the players they are recruiting and the culture within the program.

Back