What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

Um, I understand the concern about team chemistry, but Sefo is still coming off of a serious injury. There is no reason for anyone, players especially, to presume that Sefo will be ready to play come fall. As for Montez, I highly doubt that there will be a serious battle between Webb and Montez for the #1 job - assuming of course that Webb is here.

Plot twist!! Webb made his decision long ago, but he found this thread and is keeping his decision ambiguous because he enjoys reading the vast array of obscure scenarios the allbuffs community can come up with.

Plot twist!! Webb made his decision long ago, but he found this thread and is keeping his decision ambiguous because he enjoys reading the vast array of obscure scenarios the allbuffs community can come up with.

The rumors that the Allbuffs Junta orchestrated this with Webb and gave him a cut of all ad dollars generated by the traffic driven from Davis Webb threads in order to sweeten the deal if he came to CU are completely unfounded.

I understand your point, but I would imagine they're all tired of losing (and being the laughing-stock of the PAC). I'd venture to guess winning may cure all.
Is team chemistry important to preserve for a team that is 2-25 in conference play? Or said another way, could it be worse?
The some that might resent it are also the guys that resent freshmen and sophomores taking their spots. Bottom line is CU has won 3 games a year for a decade. CU needs better players at just about every position. Who cares about team chemistry when you win 3 games a season?
Good points, all.

My latest personal theory is that Webb has been rejected by one or more Cal grad school programs and he's been (re)applying to other programs, trying to get in anyway he can. Yes, I'm being serious. Source: Buff paranoia.

My latest personal theory is that Webb has been rejected by one or more Cal grad school programs and he's been (re)applying to other programs, trying to get in anyway he can. Yes, I'm being serious. Source: Buff paranoia.
Outside of the professional degrees, Cal has very few Masters programs for him to apply to at all. As a late applicant, he was probably wait listed, at best. Would explain the drawn out ideal.

A) Sadly, being a backup plan represents an improvement.
B) On what basis can we expect Sefo to improve? Coach didn't change and after all these starts, he's unlikely to change.

Last edited:
B) On what basis can we expect Sefo to improve? Coach didn't change and after all thise starts, he's unlikely to change.
An improved offensive line would go a long way to helping Sefo improve but that doesn't seem very likely either.

B) On what basis can we expect Sefo to improve? Coach didn't change and after all thise starts, he's unlikely to change.

Why couldn't he? Maybe this new offense would fit his skill set better. Maybe an improved OL would allow him to improve his decision making. Maybe the new division of responsibilities at OC will allow Lindgren more time to work with him and tweak mechanical problems.

Saying that a player can't improve is short sighted. The question to ask should be whether or not the improvements would be enough to win football games.

Why couldn't he? Maybe this new offense would fit his skill set better. Maybe an improved OL would allow him to improve his decision making. Maybe the new division of responsibilities at OC will allow Lindgren more time to work with him and tweak mechanical problems.

Saying that a player can't improve is short sighted. The question to ask should be whether or not the improvements would be enough to win football games.
Sefo should definitely improve from his junior to senior year I just think those saying he will make a large jump forward are expecting too much. Now, an improved offensive line and a small step forward from sefo could get us to a bowl game but that wouldn't be all Sefo improving.

Sefo should definitely improve from his junior to senior year I just think those saying he will make a large jump forward are expecting too much. Now, an improved offensive line and a small step forward from sefo could get us to a bowl game but that wouldn't be all Sefo improving.

For me, I know what to expect from Sefo if he is healthy and named starter. I know that we should have a team that was extremely close to winning a lot of games last year. Even if Sefo stays the same, and we see improvement at other positions, it may be enough to push the team over the hump.

Maybe it's just me, but honestly Sefo isn't the only problem. He gets a lot of hate, and he's played poorly at times, but you can't hate on the kids toughness, and it isn't like the offensive line has done him any favors. Webb isn't coming to CU, he would have already committed by now. It's time to move forward with what we have on the roster.

Maybe it's just me, but honestly Sefo isn't the only problem. He gets a lot of hate, and he's played poorly at times, but you can't hate on the kids toughness, and it isn't like the offensive line has done him any favors. Webb isn't coming to CU, he would have already committed by now. It's time to move forward with what we have on the roster.

People can be upset with his poor decision making and his inconsistency in clutch time.

Also Webb has committed to CU. He committed in February. He signed his Financial Aid Agreement at CU. As of right now he is still coming to CU, once he either changes his mind/gets accepted to a Cal grad program, then that will likely change.

His boot off yet?

I think Brian Howell said his boot was off. I also saw in one of the weekly chats that people on campus saw him playing pick up basketball. I think he's farther along then they're letting on. Another reason Webb is a little nervous IMO.

Back