What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buffs get drafted this year?

Did they limit it to current Buffs on 2017 NFL rosters or project into the future? Because that number is very low if they're talking about the entire CU roster regardless of class.
They didn't get very specific (had to turn to Broncos talk, of course), but I think they meant currently playing a lot. Mentioned "all the DBs", couple guys on the D line, both tackles, and the receivers.
Not a real draft analysis, for sure, but they were making the point that things were getting back to how they should be after so few Buffs in the NFL recently.

Serious undervaluing of some guys in here. Chido was recently a 1st rounder in a mock draft and given the amount of teams playing a 3-4 our starting d line are all going to get drafted. Im calling it.

I think Witherspoon has a chance to be drafted pretty high if he runs well. 6'3 elite cover corner

Was thinking about it last night and CU could very easily have 10 guys in NFL camps. Certainly all won't make rosters but having enough talent to draw NFL attention is a pleasant change.

Chido round 3-4
Spoon round 4-6
Ted round 6-7
Tupou 5-7
Carroll UFA
KO UFA
Gilbert UFA
Sefo 5-UFA
Kelley UFA
Sampson could get a UFA as well.

Some will be camp fodder but all are good enough athletes to be worth a look.

This not bad. Depending upon what happens, Chido might be a late 2 round, and Tupou could go a bit higher than 5th.

This not bad. Depending upon what happens, Chido might be a late 2 round, and Tupou could go a bit higher than 5th.

True in both cases. In the draft all you need is one team to fall in love with you to go higher than expected.

Chido is going to be hurt by being a guy without a defined position but that same versatility may move him up. Somebody might see him as an answer to covering the slot and still having safety like versatility, and it is easy to love his ball hawking and leadership. Can also see him being a valuable piece on coverage on special teams.

Tupou could go to a team that tries to copy the old Ravens defense by putting a couple of huge DTs in the middle of the line and challenging teams to move them. Tupou will never be called fast but he is pretty quick and mobile in a confined space for a guy who is north of 330lbs.

I think Tedric gets into an NFL camp, either as a later round choice or an UDFA.

We have 4 guys who will go in the top 4 rounds.

Chido 2nd, Spoon 3rd, Tedric 3rd and Tupou 4th.

Sefo has a better shot at TE IMO.

My only concern with Chido and Tedric going in 2nd or 3rd is their height. They're not small, but 6'0 is getting to the margin of non-NFL optimal for higher rounds, unless accompanied by lights-out athleticism. Great players though. Depending on a good combine showing, I think that Spoon could be the first Buff DB off the board.

The ability to keep a cool head and see the whole field when things get crazy I think is essential at the NFL level. The main thing I see that holds Sefo back is that he doesn't see the field very well, especially when a play breaks down. When a play starts to fall apart we regularly see Sefo missing easy opportunities to wide open receivers because he panics and starts running or has tunnel vision on one part of the field and just plain doesn't see a wide open buff. I don't know if that is fixable.

I love the kid and I'm sad to see him graduate but at the same time I'm looking forward to the Montez era.
I do think that one day Sefo will be a phenomenal coach.

The ability to keep a cool head and see the whole field when things get crazy I think is essential at the NFL level. The main thing I see that holds Sefo back is that he doesn't see the field very well, especially when a play breaks down. When a play starts to fall apart we regularly see Sefo missing easy opportunities to wide open receivers because he panics and starts running or has tunnel vision on one part of the field and just plain doesn't see a wide open buff. I don't know if that is fixable.

I love the kid and I'm sad to see him graduate but at the same time I'm looking forward to the Montez era.
I do think that one day Sefo will be a phenomenal coach.

Agree with you that the biggest limitation to Sefo's game is his ability to read and his response to pressure. I still chalk a lot of that up to bad habits formed when he was forced into an almost impossible situation weeks after getting to campus when he wasn't ready.

On the plus side while he still has a long ways to go he has shown some significant improvements in those areas this season. Might be enough that NFL staff's could think that some time in their system and he can become a pro level player

Interesting Stock Up/Down article on NFL.com had this to say about Sefo

Sefo Liufau, QB, Colorado: The surprising Buffaloes are tied for first place in the Pac-12 South Division. One of the reasons for their success is the play of Liufau, one of the toughest quarterbacks in the country. He's completing more than 70 percent of his passes and has yet to throw an interception. He's missed three games with an ankle injury this season, but Liufau's mobility came into play in Colorado's win over Arizona State on Saturday, as he was able to consistently move the chains with his feet as well as through the air. NFL teams are always looking for a potential steal at quarterback late in the draft, and Liufau has the potential to be one of those players.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lorado-qb-rising-ole-miss-defender-in-decline

Agree with you that the biggest limitation to Sefo's game is his ability to read and his response to pressure. I still chalk a lot of that up to bad habits formed when he was forced into an almost impossible situation weeks after getting to campus when he wasn't ready.

On the plus side while he still has a long ways to go he has shown some significant improvements in those areas this season. Might be enough that NFL staff's could think that some time in their system and he can become a pro level player
Agreed. I think at best he's a low cost project for a NFL team. I hope he get's a shot, just not holding my breath.

Agreed. I think at best he's a low cost project for a NFL team. I hope he get's a shot, just not holding my breath.

He will get a shot, barring another injury he will be in somebodies camp. Question is does somebody like him enough to spend a draft choice to keep him away from other teams.

Anyone think Lindsay gets a shot? I really don't know. Before a few weeks ago I thought we needed an upgrade at RB, now he gets heisman chatter. I think coaches will love his ability to play an all around game, scouts won't like his size.

Anyone think Lindsay gets a shot? I really don't know. Before a few weeks ago I thought we needed an upgrade at RB, now he gets heisman chatter. I think coaches will love his ability to play an all around game, scouts won't like his size.
Too small

Not a chance.

Spoon too. Too light. But damn can he cover
Spoon has elite cover skills. He will definitely get a shot because of that. I am not sure he will ever be an every down corner, but I could see him having a long career as a nickel/dime package corner.

Spoon has elite cover skills. He will definitely get a shot because of that. I am not sure he will ever be an every down corner, but I could see him having a long career as a nickel/dime package corner.

The NFL is a lot more willing to overlook size in a corner than a safety. Spoon is a little short and very skinny but there are a good number of NFL corners who are the same.

Ted will have a bigger issue because the league wants it's safeties bigger now. He is listed at 205 but he is going to have a hard time moving the scale to that for the pros and they want safeties who go 215-220 ideally.

Witherspoon is a little short?

Officially listed at 6'3" 195

I don't believe it. I have seen him in person a couple times and think he is closer to 6'1" but could be proven wrong. What I am sure of is that the 195 is after a full meal at the buffett plus some extra socks.

As mentioned though the league is willing to overlook skinny in CBs if they can play and I think Spoon can play. He has gone up against some bigger receivers and held his own

He is also certainly bigger than Crowley and KC doing well in the pros and him coming out of the same system its hard to imagine him not getting some solid interest.

Back