What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buffs get drafted this year?

Huh.. I don't know whose numbers to believe, but some of those weights vary quite a bit.

I know that was reported but the NFL numbers aren't made up out of thin air. Be interesting to know when they got the 200 figure.
Probably the listed weights when they were recruited... IDK, but KO clearly hasnt been 200 since he was a freshman, and Samson the same at 260.

Probably the listed weights when they were recruited... IDK, but KO clearly hasnt been 200 since he was a freshman, and Samson the same at 260.

I was told a couple years ago when they listed KO at 210 that he was closer to 195. It isn't unusual for guys to bulk up significantly for pro days and KO has had trouble keeping weight on in season.

What is clear is that the measurements given aren't necessarily what a guy is playing at.

My post wasn't intended to get into an argument about what any specific guy measures out to. It was in response to the post trying to call out CU for listing numbers that are in some cases inflated and implying that it doesn't happen all over college football. I'm going to venture that inaccurate numbers are more the norm than the exception at most schools

I also don't care if a guy is listed at 230 or 215 if he can play. We have had some kids come through who are classic size and couldn't play a lick and others who were short and light but made play after play.

Ideally you have both but if a kid is producing I don't care if his numbers are off.

Back