What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which Buffs get drafted this year?

What are you trying to say? Weight? How he looks on TV? Just wondering

Having seen him in person and playing against other college players he is not a "big" corner. He is pretty skinny and doesn't look like a guy who will put on a lot of weight.

As I said on my original list though I expect him to be drafted. The NFL is a league built around the passing game and guys with coverage skills are in demand. Spoon has matched up with some NFL size and talent receivers this year and shown well.

Having seen him in person and playing against other college players he is not a "big" corner. He is pretty skinny and doesn't look like a guy who will put on a lot of weight.

As I said on my original list though I expect him to be drafted. The NFL is a league built around the passing game and guys with coverage skills are in demand. Spoon has matched up with some NFL size and talent receivers this year and shown well.
Got ya

The only reason I worry about Tupou getting drafted is because he is a 5th year senior and teams might be concerned he is a man dominating kids. I still think he will make a roster though.

The only reason I worry about Tupou getting drafted is because he is a 5th year senior and teams might be concerned he is a man dominating kids. I still think he will make a roster though.
Brandon Weeden was already 28 when he was drafted in the first round - if a team thinks they can contribute, he'll be drafted. I don't think most teams look more than 4-5 years into the future these days anyway with injuries and free agency.

Brandon Weeden was already 28 when he was drafted in the first round - if a team thinks they can contribute, he'll be drafted. I don't think most teams look more than 4-5 years into the future these days anyway with injuries and free agency.
Yeah but that's a QB. I think in the trenches teams definitely worry about it. There are tons of players that dominate in college football because of age/development and struggle when they get to the league against men. That is the only concern I have about Tupou because he has played great.

I wouldn't bet on Sefo being drafted but Garret Grayson was a 3rd rd pick. Really depends on how the QB market shakes out. McNabb was a notorious dirt ball thrower but he didn't throw many picks. Rest of season & possible Senior Bowl invite will determine a lot.

Yeah but that's a QB. I think in the trenches teams definitely worry about it. There are tons of players that dominate in college football because of age/development and struggle when they get to the league against men. That is the only concern I have about Tupou because he has played great.
I only use Weeden as an extreme example because he was 28. Tupou will be what, 23-24 on draft day? That's still plenty young. I think they'd chalk his play up to being physically developed, but he's the right size for an NFL tackle and will take less development to be ready.

I don't think the 5th year senior tag is gonna hurt Josh. If you can be a force in the middle of a defense teams are gonna be interested.

I don't think the 5th year senior tag is gonna hurt Josh. If you can be a force in the middle of a defense teams are gonna be interested.

This is the deal. If they think he can play he gets drafted, if not he doesn't.

NTs are considered somewhat of an expendable commodity, they would love it if he played for them for 10 years but they have no expectation of that when they draft one. Instead they are looking at what can the guy accomplish under his rookie contract plus his restricted FA contract. After that it's a crapshoot. The difference between being 23 or 21 doesn't matter much from that perspective.

Zero Nubs thus far..
C-m0iUVUQAAysGM.jpg

I wonder how the Rammies are liking today their 'comparison of number drafted players' they touted last year.

I wonder how the Rammies are liking today their 'comparison of number drafted players' they touted last year.

They will conveniently forget all about that. This year they will have some other ridiculous comparison they use.

Most though are busy getting ready for Lady Gaga.

They will conveniently forget all about that. This year they will have some other ridiculous comparison they use.

Most though are busy getting ready for Lady Gaga.
I would like to point out that CU continues to be the one school consistently inflating heights or weights? Witherspoon short lol.

I would like to point out that CU continues to be the one school consistently inflating heights or weights? Witherspoon short lol.

Certainly wouldn't say CU is the "only" school doing it. It is much more common than most think.

Did see though that KO measured out right at 200lbs, that is small for a LB.

Mtn getting slapped around ITT. Facts are facts dude. You forgot to bring them.

Sort of like your political views, unsupportable.

Back