What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

11/23 Washington at Colorado, ESPN @ 8PM

larry scott doesn't give a crap it's senior day and we have to start winning to get the better game times.

While not dominant, they were good against Stanford, probably the units best performance of the year.
The defense has also improved as the season has gone on, but the offense has regressed.

It was stanford. The defense had given up 30+ points in every game until last week. Improvement for 1 game sure.

While not dominant, they were good against Stanford, probably the units best performance of the year.
The defense has also improved as the season has gone on, but the offense has regressed.
Stanford’s offense hasn’t exactly been lighting the world on fire.

It was stanford. The defense had given up 30+ points in every game until last week. Improvement for 1 game sure.

USC game for the most part was better than most of the season. You are completely blind if you haven’t seen improvement in the defense. Are they close to good? Hell no, but a lot better and it’s been going on for several games.

USC game for the most part was better than most of the season. You are completely blind if you haven’t seen improvement in the defense. Are they close to good? Hell no, but a lot better and it’s been going on for several games.

Blind? You said it yourself, are they close to good hell no. You using the USC game as the start of their improvement?

I've seen some better play from a few I individuals but the defense as a whole, not so much.

Why not? Washington lost to Stanford and they only scored 19 against Oregon State.
CU has been good in 7 of the last 8 quarters at home.
Oregon State is substantially better than they have been in years past. I look at the Washington lost to Stanford as an anomaly. Since that lost, they have lost to only Oregon (by 4) and Utah (by 5) while beating Arizona by 24 on the road. Our defense did look better against Stanford, but they are no offensive juggernaut. I think our defense will back-track against the dogs.

While being home does level the playing field a bit, I still think it boils down to talent, and they have more than we do. Plus it will be cold which I think will negatively impact Montez's performance.

Oregon State is substantially better than they have been in years past. I look at the Washington lost to Stanford as an anomaly. Since that lost, they have lost to only Oregon (by 4) and Utah (by 5) while beating Arizona by 24 on the road. Our defense did look better against Stanford, but they are no offensive juggernaut. I think our defense will back-track against the dogs.

While being home does level the playing field a bit, I still think it boils down to talent, and they have more than we do. Plus it will be cold which I think will negatively impact Montez's performance.

fair points

Why not? Washington lost to Stanford and they only scored 19 against Oregon State.
CU has been good in 7 of the last 8 quarters at home.

You would find a way to pick cu over lsu. Good? They scored 16 against stanford. Your confidence in this team is puzzling. They have also pissed away 3 wins at home
If they hadn't, I would be on board with your views of this team.

C
Did not realize we are 0-7 vs uw since joining the Pac and 0-9 vs them dating back to 96 WTF? time for that **** to stop like right now.

Cu needs to end the USC and udub streaks and also the awful showings in Pullman the last 3 years.

Washington has had trouble scoring but we all know that opposing offenses have breakout performances against this defense.

You would find a way to pick cu over lsu. Good? They scored 16 against stanford. Your confidence in this team is puzzling. They have also pissed away 3 wins at home

And you pissed away your fandom, I have zero respect for your opinion. Have a good day

Stanford didn’t and USC was held in check for the most part.
Yes but Stanford was a good matchup for our defense. They aren't an explosive offense which helps us a lot. They are more of a run heavy, mid range play action offense.

We played well against USC for 3 quarters but they still killed us with explosive plays. I would also take that performance with a grain of salt since they were the road team on a friday night game which is where teams typically struggle and usually lose.

Yes but Stanford was a good matchup for our defense. They aren't an explosive offense which helps us a lot. They are more of a run heavy, mid range play action offense.

We played well against USC for 3 quarters but they still killed us with explosive plays. I would also take that performance with a grain of salt since they were the road team on a friday night game which is where teams typically struggle and usually lose.

We will find out. I just don’t think Washington is that good. I have been wrong though and probably will be again. I don’t care, I’ll be there loud and proud and still be loud and proud after win or lose.

Pointing to some mutual opponents as a way to justify CU competing with a mediocre Washington team at home isn't that much of a stretch, but then again, you haven't been on board with a positive outlook of this program in a few years.

Pointing to some mutual opponents as a way to justify CU competing with a mediocre Washington team at home isn't that much of a stretch, but then again, you haven't been on board with a positive outlook of this program in a few years.

When this program does something positive on the field then the outlook will improve.

But apparently I've pissed away my fandom so like bender, I don't even count. Boo hoo.

I think the defense will do enough to keep CU in the game. More than likely we will have to rely on Montez to make plays in the 4th quarter.

Summers has been dialing up some good pressure on the QB recently, so hopefully that keeps up and we can actually get some turnovers out of it.

When this program does something positive on the field then the outlook will improve.

But apparently I've pissed away my fandom so like bender, I don't even count. Boo hoo.
I’m just saying that you can look objectively at this matchup in 2019 and believe it will be a close game, instead of the history of the two programs and just assume it will be more of the same.

I’m just saying that you can look objectively at this matchup in 2019 and believe it will be a close game, instead of the history of the two programs and just assume it will be more of the same.

Yes, I can look at this udub team and know it's not the 2016 team. I just don't trust this team at the moment. If cu wins awesome, and unleash and others can call me out for not picking cu to win.

It’s hard to have much confidence in CU. They haven’t looked good in the games they won, (ASU being the exception) and have looked downright awful in a couple games they lost. The defense is horrible, and the offense is dependent on Montez showing up. There’s no way to know if he will show up or not. A lot of things have to go right for them to win on Saturday, and I don’t think all those things have come together once so far this year.

Back