What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey (Verbal to Oregon)

I don't have a 247 sub to see the whole list - but it looks like Dorsey will be one of 16 recruits at KU's Late Night in the Phog

[tweet]519521000007143425[/tweet]

16? Doesn't that seem like a lot? They can't possibly have 16 spots open. Is that the kind of thing where they bring in a kid like Dorsey and tell him "commit now, because if you don't, we have 15 other kids who would take that scholarship in a heartbeat"?

Just trying to wrap my head around the idea of bringing in 16 kids for an event like that.

Odds are not all are '15s, but yes - they do use this as a pressure situation. And it works at an unbelievable rate.

#BlueBloodProblems

Maybe they are including football recruits in that number. Although even that seems a bit odd without a head coach.

Odds are not all are '15s, but yes - they do use this as a pressure situation. And it works at an unbelievable rate.

#BlueBloodProblems

Right. At least some are '16s. Niko Rakocevic from Illinois is one of them. Also DaMonte Williams '17 (Frankie Williams' son). Probably others.

Last edited:
Just talked to a big ku fan who could name like 10 visitors who are visiting this weekend. He's never heard of Tyler Dorsey. I was shocked. But more importantly he comes to cu and is the biggest recruit ever.

beb5e1600f5ddb93e4853941b5514cb1.jpg
200a962ba656521bb233d967b1a6bd82.jpg

'15 CA SG Tyler Dorsey

I'm going 2/2 on the uni's this year. (D.Gordon)

#BlueBloodProblems

just like UT's junior days of old under Mack

Reading the tea leaves... it sounds like KU fans are gaining confidence that they'll snag Marcus LoVett as their PG in this class. They're hoping to get Dorsey to go with him.

Any idea how many scholarships KU has to give? The article mentions Center as a position of need & there's 4 recruits ranked ahead of Dorsey. Hopefully, the kid goes where he's wanted most.

Any idea how many scholarships KU has to give? The article mentions Center as a position of need & there's 4 recruits ranked ahead of Dorsey. Hopefully, the kid goes where he's wanted most.
Looking at their roster they have one senior who is a walk-on. So technically zero sports, but attrition will open two to three spots is my guess.

Looking at their roster they have one senior who is a walk-on. So technically zero sports, but attrition will open two to three spots is my guess.

Right. I wasn't thinking. Oubre, Alexander, & probably Selden will go. Perry Ellis could certainly turn pro too.

If it is to KU maybe he doesn't even need a visit and is gonna just commit. I have never wanted a player more than I want Dorsey.

This has more to do with Lovett not having much interest in Kansas imo. Don't think it has to do with the likelihood of Dorsey going to KU. Dorsey might end up at KU (or Cal, who seems to be getting a lot of traction lately in the Dorsey sweepstakes), but wouldn't put too much stock in the visit list

It's Saturday night. I imagine they're done putting the pressure on in Lawrence. No news is good news?

I doubt the Lovett situation has anything to do with Dorsey. Also don't think that Kansas would accept a commitment from Lovett at this time. I think Jerrence Howard has an interest in helping Morgan Park coach Nick Irwin - part of the first family of Chicago AAU hoops - promote his players.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=11896 (Insider)

The elephant in the room, though, was that four of these five players (all but Dorsey) were set to be at Kentucky a week later, so it was inevitable that there would be discussions of potentially shared futures among the prospects, at one school or another.

“They did talk about that a lot,” Stevens said. “I wouldn’t say there is any package deal or anything, but the four of them all get along so well and Stephen said he really liked being there with them.”

I read that article, and dorsey didnt really have a comment in it. Here's what I think he felt about the Phog

mckayla-maroney-not-impressed-getty.jpg

He still has a visit to Tempe this weekend. There's no reason for him to commit to anyone right now. With 0 commits, KU isn't in a leveraged position. Who wouldn't want to be BMOC for a weekend at ASU?

He still has a visit to Tempe this weekend. There's no reason for him to commit to anyone right now. With 0 commits, KU isn't in a leveraged position. Who wouldn't want to be BMOC for a weekend at ASU?

I thought there might be an outside chance he pops for KU early this week, but if he doesn't we won't hear anything until the end of the month at the earliest. He's going to do all of his visits.

Back