What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 TX ATH Q Drennan (Verbal to New Mexico)

Beware:

20121203__butch-jones-food-cart-120312~p1_300.jpg

(When Butch Jones came to Colorado he didn't want the public to see him so he hid behind a food cart)

Yeah I dont know much about Tennessee...

Pops I have a silly question, why did you choose the name Q? We try to keep our recruiting threads clean so I posted this question in another thread:

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/96290-Q-Drennan?highlight=star+trek

:lol:

I wanted him to be his own person, to have a unique name that he had to live up to, like my 11 years old his name is Sir' Christopher Drennan, we call his Sir. trust me its so fun when we go some where i call his name so many people turn around...

I wanted him to be his own person, to have a unique name that he had to live up to, like my 11 years old his name is Sir' Christopher Drennan, we call his Sir. trust me its so fun when we go some where i call his name so many people turn around...
:lol: Johnny Cash approves.

Camp Invite

Well Q' just got invited to the 2014 SW Elite Football Camp, he also got an interview from Rivals last night. colorado.rivals.com.

This was exciting for me when I had to go through it, but its even more so that its my son... :thumbsup:
the camp website: http://www.swelitesports.com/

Q' just got offered from Air Force....

Congratulations! Clearly, Q has his academics and other off-field things in order.

Whether that's an offer he takes or not, it's got to make a parent proud that he was in position to receive it.

Congratulations! Clearly, Q has his academics and other off-field things in order.

Whether that's an offer he takes or not, it's got to make a parent proud that he was in position to receive it.

we are proud of him, he has worked his butt off in the class room because that's what will get you some where in life. A lot of parents would say that we are hard on our kids when it came to grades, because if they got 1 C, they didn't play until they got their grade up. it might be hard on them but I would prefer to make it hard on them now when I can help then to let them not be able to deal with the real world when they leave our home..

we are proud of him, he has worked his butt off in the class room because that's what will get you some where in life. A lot of parents would say that we are hard on our kids when it came to grades, because if they got 1 C, they didn't play until they got their grade up. it might be hard on them but I would prefer to make it hard on them now when I can help then to let them not be able to deal with the real world when they leave our home..

I've got a young one, so I'm glad to hear about techniques & philosophies that have been successful for other parents. Thanks for sharing that.

Now let's put these past few posts to the side so I can say that I hope Q is looking just a bit farther north than Colorado Springs. :wink2:

I've got a young one, so I'm glad to hear about techniques & philosophies that have been successful for other parents. Thanks for sharing that.

Now let's put these past few posts to the side so I can say that I hope Q is looking just a bit farther north than Colorado Springs. :wink2:

LOL, yeah well come June 1st we will see.

This is a great place to pursue. Hopefully it will work out. Colorado has several kids that have very high academic standards, and love the game. Coach Jeffcoat says that he is most proud, not that his son at Texas is highly touted for the NFL, but that he will graduate this spring. Mac has laid an impressive groundwork academically. He brought coaches from San Jose, but he also brought an academic secret weapon who is unbelievable. You'll possibly meet her in June if you go to the camp, for sure if you have an opportunity for an official visit. This is a high character, high expectations program with great fans despite lean years. Once again, hopefully it will work out for Q. at CU.

Coach Jeffcoat came to Q's school today, asked me if Q' was still coming to the camp on the 1st of June. Said he really liked what he seen at his practice. Seen him catching and passing, also mentioned that QB from Del Valle coming to the camp I think on the 16th. So it looks like El Paso is starting to get some looks.

Thanks. If you attend the June 1 pics, I think we'd all be interested in pics if you're willing

It may be a little early to tell, but any knowledge of how his coach plans to use him this fall?

Read Option QB, they don't really have any WRs so the coach is putting him under center and make the "D" have to guess what he is going to do. The coach is going to let him call some of his own audibles as well. Stanford is coming down in the next two weeks to check him out in person, I was surprised that they were even checking him out. If the do come and I do say if because I'm not going to believe it until I see it, it will be the first time a Sanford coach has come to EL Paso to scout.

View attachment 14210wow Harvard seems to be calling....

I see two winners on that table. The jury's still out on that Billy Bob Thornton impersonator up in Seattle though. :smile2:

Really though, because of the rapport Q's family has with this board through Pops, many of us want things to work out in that area but when you consider the interest from service academies and Ivies it tells me high academics and character come with the athleticism, and with that your son has many options that will benefit his life whichever route he decides to go. Getting these letters from well-known colleges from all corners of the country never gets old, I'm sure.

I see two winners on that table. The jury's still out on that Billy Bob Thornton impersonator up in Seattle though. :smile2:

Really though, because of the rapport Q's family has with this board through Pops, many of us want things to work out in that area but when you consider the interest from service academies and Ivies it tells me high academics and character come with the athleticism, and with that your son has many options that will benefit his life whichever route he decides to go. Getting these letters from well-known colleges from all corners of the country never gets old, I'm sure.

Never gets old, I'm just proud of the hard work that he is putting in. I'm just glad that this site seems to be a site where the people really care about the athlete as well as the student, I'm really hoping that CU conveys that to Q' on his visit because he understands that his education is more important than anything else. Football is some thing he dose, but his education is what will define him as a person.

View attachment 14210wow Harvard seems to be calling....

Lots of kids get offers from a bunch of schools based on having developed their god given talents, big, strong, fast, etc.

The fact that your son is getting interest based on both those athletic talents and also academic performance says a lot about his character and your parenting. Plenty of physically talented kids, in the same situation as your son, being the most talented athlete on the team decide to coast academically aiming for good enough. Having the drive and discipline to develop both the athletic and academic ends shows that your son has something extra.

I hope he ends up a Buff. Kids with these characteristics usually turn out to be positive contributors wherever they end up. I can understand the appeal of schools like Harvard and the service academies as well. Bottom line is that your son will likely turn out well no matter where he goes because his efforts and character will allow him to make the best of whichever situation he chooses.

Q's Spring Game 6/23/14, he didn't play much. Coach didn't want to show to much because there were a lot of local Coaches there trying to see what our team is going to look like this year.... Plus he has his camps in two weeks. http://youtu.be/hfDRljnBtNo

Back