What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DE K'Lavon Chaisson (Signed to LSU)

He unfollwed KD Nixon, and KD unfollwed him. I don't think this one is going to go our way.

This is like the NBA lottery or something. CU has the fifth worst record and they're trying to leapfrog other teams for the top choice. Probably a poor analogy, but that's how I feel.

I really think K'Lavon would make a great Buff. I also really think not only would he do great things here, but he would be able to play early. Overcoming those Texas ties and leaving the state is really hard for kids to do. K'Lavon, if you are reading any of this? We have had some great talent come from far away places and especially from the H-Town area in particular. Colorado is such a beautiful state and an amazing University. It has great people with very open views compared to the south. A lot of those same players I mentioned have chosen to stay here after their playing careers, that says something of the area. I am from the Austin area, my wife is from Houston - we met at CU our junior year (a long time ago). The BEST thing we ever did was come to Colorado. We go back and visit frequently, it is not that far of a drive, and even shorter flight. Come to CU and help make CU great again.

Snapped a photo this morning of the sunrise on the flatirons that said "Lol Ian Leaving"

Hoping that translates to "I ain't leaving"

Please.
th

One thing that gets overrated in all our threads is the beauty of the flat irons, things like that. 18 year old kids don't think like that. Co-eds, cafeteria, dorms are more likely to influence a young kid than beauty. They're not looking to start a family. Just my opinion

One thing that gets overrated in all our threads is the beauty of the flat irons, things like that. 18 year old kids don't think like that. Co-eds, cafeteria, dorms are more likely to influence a young kid than beauty. They're not looking to start a family. Just my opinion
I thought like that. But I wasn't a D1 athlete, I was a child of hippies from Hawaii.

Well all schools have co-eds, cafeterias, and dorms and most are in some state of recent renovation. Especially when you are talking about the schools K'Lavon is looking at.

However, none of them have anything remotely close to the Flatirons. All things being the same, the setting could be a difference maker.

It was one of the reasons I chose CU as a normal student

The kid just took a pic of the flatirons and commented how great they are. He's been taking pictures of them since he arrived. Not sure what evidence you're using to arrive at your conclusion.

I think it depends where you're from. As a Colorado native, the Flatirons and mountains in general are not unique and definitely had nothing to do with why I chose to go to CU. If you're from Houston, TX, however, I can definitely see the mountains, snow, flatirons, etc being a game-changing sight.

I think it depends where you're from. As a Colorado native, the Flatirons and mountains in general are not unique and definitely had nothing to do with why I chose to go to CU. If you're from Houston, TX, however, I can definitely see the mountains, snow, flatirons, etc being a game-changing sight.
Seriously? I still look at the Flatirons with awe and I've lived here for over 40 years. When I'm at a game sitting in the east stands, I always take time to check them out.

Seriously? I still look at the Flatirons with awe and I've lived here for over 40 years. When I'm at a game sitting in the east stands, I always take time to check them out.
I mean, I think they are beautiful and I enjoy looking at them, but as a 17 year old kid deciding on where to go to school, the flatirons had nothing to do with it. Also, all I had heard growing up and throughout college was that CU had one of the prettiest campuses in the country, but until recently, since I have done some more traveling and seen other college towns/campuses, I used to kind of just shrugged it off. I fully admit I have been spoiled in this regard and have taken where I grew up and where I went to school for granted.

I think that we used to over-value it when CU had very little else to sell and we were relying way too much on the old Bill Mac line about just getting them to Boulder. Now, I think it has flipped too far the other way and we may under-value it. There is definitely an impact made when someone clears the ridge on the Buffalo Highway and gets that look at Boulder, nestled at the base of the rockies with the Flatirons as a backdrop. Then, how nice the town is and how beautiful the campus is. A lot of people get a feeling of "this is special" when they come here and they see it as a place that would be a great place to spend 3-5 years or even make their life. It's certainly a positive and a competitive advantage vs many schools. The mistake too many CU fans made was with convincing ourselves in the past that CU sold itself based on that stuff. It doesn't. Still have to be a winning program because no one wants to go somewhere and lose for their college career. Still need to demonstrate that you're putting players in the NFL. Still need to show that you have world class facilities for developing players and preventing/healing injuries. Still have to show that your players are graduating & have great support to make that happen.

Wait. Don't you live in Nebraska?

Different things appeal to different people. Plenty of people fall in love with "the beauty of the Flat Irons, things like that." One of many elements that make CU special.

He put a picture up on Snapchat with DJ Eliot- so DJ definitely was there to host him. Looks like they put him up at St. Julien and dinner at Boulder Chophouse last night. I think they took the recruits over the weekend to Pasta Jays, so K'Lavon definitely got an upgrade by being the only recruit coming in right now.

I think you guys are under-selling the beauty. I've been to Houston, there's a bunch of traffic and buildings clustered together. I've been here for almost 32 years and I chose CU because I love boulder. Every time I drive down 36 I get that "wow" moment, maybe I'm weird? I absolutely loved driving to boulder every day and staring at the flatirons on an early morning sunrises in the winter. Not only that you can sled, hike, fish, raft, ski shop and Denver and everything else is a short drive away.

I think I would give someone an awkward stare if they came to boulder and weren't in awe. It's a special place regardless of the beautiful CU campus.

He put a picture up on Snapchat with DJ Eliot- so DJ definitely was there to host him. Looks like they put him up at St. Julien and dinner at Boulder Chophouse last night. I think they took the recruits over the weekend to Pasta Jays, so K'Lavon definitely got an upgrade by being the only recruit coming in right now.

Every recruit gets those things for an official visit.

Back