What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX DE K'Lavon Chaisson (Signed to LSU)

One thing that gets overrated in all our threads is the beauty of the flat irons, things like that. 18 year old kids don't think like that. Co-eds, cafeteria, dorms are more likely to influence a young kid than beauty. They're not looking to start a family. Just my opinion

All I can say is that having grown up on the East Coast, I came and visited the campus with my parents as a senior shortly after getting my acceptance. We stopped at the Davidson Mesa overlook on US-36 on our way into town from DIA, and from that point on, I was sold on my decision - the rest was just gravy...

I think it depends where you're from. As a Colorado native, the Flatirons and mountains in general are not unique and definitely had nothing to do with why I chose to go to CU. If you're from Houston, TX, however, I can definitely see the mountains, snow, flatirons, etc being a game-changing sight.

The scenery isn't going to overcome other differences but it can be a tie-breaker, especially as you state for guys from someplace that don't have it.

Our facilities improvements, having a 10 win season and a consensus coach of the year, having multiple players who are clearly going to involved in the draft, etc. are all critical in even getting a guy like Chaisson to look at us. Three years ago he wouldn't have been visiting.

Once here though the overall setting can make a big difference. Al Williams, also from Houston, talks about how on his OV when he and Kanavis come over that hill on US36 and saw Boulder for the first time he was amazed, he has never forgotten that impression and it was a big part of why they both decided to come to CU.

I do. Nebraska is flat as a pancake and still get tons of recruits. Hence beauty of the surrounding area has very little to do with section by recruits.
Wait. Don't you live in Nebraska?

Different things appeal to different people. Plenty of people fall in love with "the beauty of the Flat Irons, things like that." One of many elements that make CU special.

Snapped a photo this morning of the sunrise on the flatirons that said "Lol Ian Leaving"

Hoping that translates to "I ain't leaving"

Please.

He was probably hanging out with Ian McKellen, who was just leaving. Glad to see we're stepping up our recruiting game by bringing in Gandalf.

Thing is, now CU has a total package to sell. The scene and setting is just one part of the package but no matter how nice the competition's facilities are, none of them have the setting we have. So, maybe, with some kids, not all, but with some the scene may put us over the top.

LSU would seem to be the frontrunner heading into this CU trip and with the Florida trip to come.

Here's what he said after his LSU visit (Scout report):
"100," Chaisson replied when asked to rate the visit on a 1-10 scale. Right before he corrected himself when asked if he meant 'one hundred' and didn't accidentally add an extra 0 in his message.
"I missed a zero actually 1000," Chaisson added quickly.

Here's what he said after his UT visit (Scout report):
On the 1-10 scale Chaisson gave the UT visit "8.9".

LSU would seem to be the frontrunner heading into this CU trip and with the Florida trip to come.

"100," Chaisson replied when asked to rate the visit on a 1-10 scale. Right before he corrected himself when asked if he meant 'one hundred' and didn't accidentally add an extra 0 in his message.

Coach O can 'croot with the best of them. No doubt about that.

I do. Nebraska is flat as a pancake and still get tons of recruits. Hence beauty of the surrounding area has very little to do with section by recruits.

It doesn't for those recruits. It does for some, so why minimize any attribute? Let a thousand flowers bloom, if you will.

It doesn't for those recruits. It does for some, so why minimize any attribute? Let a thousand flowers bloom, if you will.
Listen I think it's amazing and I hope you're right. Just see to many "as soon as they see the flat irons they'll never leave" comments in every recruit thread and that just isn't the case.

Listen I think it's amazing and I hope you're right. Just see to many "as soon as they see the flat irons they'll never leave" comments in every recruit thread and that just isn't the case.

Okay, "as soon as they see The flatirons and decide CU 100% they'll never leave."

Colorado is just one of those states that once you commit to being here you never really want to leave.

LSU can be impressive and kids from the Houston area get an earful from them since it is so close and there are a lot of people from Louisiana living in Houston.

I don't think though that he is just taking trips for the fun of it, the fact that he is here means that he still is open to seeing something he likes better.

CU has in the past been that something better for more than a few kids, hope he is one of them.

He's pretty stoudt at the point of attack.

yes - he's a one man secondary.

g1333397188557621642.jpg

UBL?

With Chaisson on the line and Gandalf backing him up, we'd be great against any pass attack.

yes - he's a one man secondary.

g1333397188557621642.jpg

UBL?

With Chaisson on the line and Gandalf backing him up, we'd be great against any pass attack.

Well, Gandalf the Grey is worth a preferred walk-on spot, Gandalf the White, on the other hand, deserves a scholarship.

I know we just had an official, but will we get an in-home? Or is there no point?

Mac used his in home visit convincing him to visit so the head coach visit has been used. DJ Eliot can visit since he is an assistant. I would bet he will be visiting KC.

Back