What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CO QB Ty Evans (Signed to NC State)

I hope some of your predictions are true and Evans is a total rock star.

But if he is, this recruitment is far from over.

It won't be long before the USC, Oregon, Texas, Alabama types start offering...

If that happens he would jump to four star, but I think playing in a 3A league would keep him from ever having a shot at 5 stars.

I say bring it. About time CU was in on and kept a kid that everyone wanted across the country. This kid is staying home and wants to be a part of something bigger. CU had to show him commitment to the QB position and did so by getting a real QB coach. The kids see a chance to develop and be part of helping his dream school become something special again.

Dying to see his ranking at the end of the recruiting cycle. Only real issue is competition level.
My take on the competition level is this: Yes, I think it’s a little questionable, as 3a CO prep football is awful. However, he didn’t just play well and have a solid year, he dominated everybody. When you account for 50 TDs in a high school season, it’s clear you are way beyond the talent you’re playing with and against.

The staff and others who have recruited him clearly recognize that and are basing their evaluation of him solely on throwing mechanics, foot work, arm strength, accuracy and who he is as a person.

My take on the competition level is this: Yes, I think it’s a little questionable, as 3a CO prep football is awful. However, he didn’t just play well and have a solid year, he dominated everybody. When you account for 50 TDs in a high school season, it’s clear you are way beyond the talent you’re playing with and against.

The staff and others who have recruited him clearly recognize that and are basing their evaluation of him solely on throwing mechanics, foot work, arm strength, accuracy and who he is as a person.
There is a big jump for Ty (TM) between CO 3a and the pros.

It isn't the same as live action under pressure but has the staff been able to see him in 7 on 7 against faster, more talented DBs?

His competition was obviously not enough to scare off Arkansas.

Im just believing he is truly about the rise and will begin to help us recruit. Another season of tearing it up at big camps and in season will bump those stars up.

Finally watched his video. He looks good. He has good footwork, moves well in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Throws well on the run, and seemed to throw a couple guys open. That was nice to see. Also looks like he plays bigger than 6'2.
Happy to have him on board. Change of speed will be a learning curve for sure, but he does seem to have the tools.
On a side note, I am assuming no one in his division can cover WRs. They were behind the DBs all day.

Back