What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Final Weekend - recruiting hotlist

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
Thought I'd post a summary I can update for the last two weeks of guys we know are still targets, that we have some sort of chance on:

Nick Ford – DL, visited 1/28. Will announce between CU, UW, Utah, Cal on 2/1.
Terrance Lang – DE (USC commit) visited 1/28. Announces 2/1.
Casey Roddick - decommitted from Cal. Visited 1/28. Announces 2/1.
Jared Poplawski - ASU commit visited 1/28. 'Holic predicts BNG (late Monday)....
Josh Falo – TE USC & Colorado - decision on 2/1.

Committed elsewhere:
Xavier Newman - OG, flipped to Baylor, no indication he would flip back
Trajon Cotton – ATH Oregon St commit on 1/29
Samuel Barnes – CB, committed to UTSA on 1/29.
Isaac Slade-Matautia – OLB, committed to Oregon on Jan 21.
Jalen Harris – DE, Decommit from AZ, visited ND 1/27. Re-committed to AZ.
Noah Elliss - DL, committed to Miss State.

Others (not expected to be black-n-gold):
Damion Daniels – DT, visited NU then CU, UTSA also in play. 'Holic predicts Nubs.
K’Lavon Chaisson – DE, visited CU (1/23), decision on 2/1. 'Holic predicts Uterus.

Committed but Concerned:
Chris Miller - visited Ole Miss Jan 21 and apparently Baylor (on the down low) the weekend before.
Nate Landman - visited Cal 1/29.

Committed Buff since this thread started :
Jalen Sami - In state DL prospect visited 1/28 and Buffs offered. Announces 2/1.

Last edited:
How many schollies are left 3 or 4? Isn't falo announcing this weekend?
Technically, we have 2 left to stay under the 85 based on what we know today, plus whatever number Mac is putting on it for probable attrition. I'd say 4 max, which I think takes us to 28 for the class, which is what Adam has been stating.

Last edited:
Technically, we have 2 left to stay under the 85 based on what we know today, plus whatever number Mac is putting on it for probably attrition. I'd say 4 max, which I think takes us to 28 for the class, which is what Adam has been stating.

Hope they are very selective on these last 4.

DL, S are a must.

Thought I'd post a summary I can update for the last two weeks of guys we know are still targets, that we have some sort of chance on:

Visiting:
Morris Joseph Jr. – DT (UTSA), visiting 1/20
Kevin George - CB, visiting 1/20, JuCo transfer with 3 to play.
K’Lavon Chaisson – DE, set to visit CU (1/23) and everyone in Jan.

Visited (still in play)?
Samuel Barnes – CB, visiting UCLA 1/27
Brian Edwards – DB, visiting Louisville, FL and Miami this month.
Jalen Harris – DE, Decommit from AZ, visiting ND 1/27
Damion Daniels – DT, visited NU then CU, UTSA also in play. Radio silence.
Trajon Cotton – ATH
Josh Falo – TE

Others:
Isaac Slade-Matautia – OLB, Oregon Lean?
Shannon Forman – DT, not clear that he’s still being pursued
Nick Ford – DL/OL, late offer, may visit in Jan.
Terrance Lang – DE (USC), potential visit in Jan.

I don't see any of the following:

Casey Roddick
Noah Elliss
Elijah Gates
Deommodore Lenoir

Names that we have been linked to at one time or are still in play. Anyone know if any of these guys, especially Elliss, are still targets?

I don't see any of the following:

Casey Roddick
Noah Elliss
Elijah Gates
Deommodore Lenoir

Names that we have been linked to at one time or are still in play. Anyone know if any of these guys, especially Elliss, are still targets?

Roddick seems to be someone we're in the mix for. Here was the most recent update I could find (Jan 15 on 247s), which means he should definitely be on the target list in the OP and also suggests that we're well positioned vs competition - no new visits set up yet, though:
Colorado, San Diego State, Boise State, and San Jose State have reached out to Casey Roddick, a three-star offensive linemanw ho decommitted from Cal Saturday afternoon, he informed 247Sports Sunday morning.
As far as Oregon interest, Roddick said he's tried to reach out to the new Oregon staff but that they've not responded as of now.
Roddick said last time he heard from anyone at Oregon was in April of 2016.
Elliss, I believe, is on the back burner until the semester's over and his final transcript is done.
Gates I haven't seen anything about but think he's a strong Oregon lean (which is why UCLA went so hard at Osling).
Lenoir made some comment that made it sound like CU wasn't really recruiting him. He could go back with Oregon or choose one of the places he's doing an OV -- Nebraska, then Miss State and maybe trying to fit in USC by having 2 visits the final week.

Last edited:
So awesome how exciting recruiting has become again for CU. Gonna be fun between now and signing day.

Anyone know what's going on with Kaegun Williams? With Gordon leaving the team would that open a scholarship at RB? If so I would love to see this kid in BnG.

In years past CU was scrambling. If anything, they took some good players early on and might not have enough room for some great players late. Good problem to have.

You have to hope for the Falo/Cotton package (still think it's going to happen). It sounds like they're still recruiting Newman and maybe Roddick, but hopefully they can add one more on the line. Buffs have to get 1-2 more DL (preferably DT's), but then all the schollies are used up. That leaves Chaisson (long shot that you take regardless), Long, Edwards, Barnes, etc almost without a spot even if they wanted to go Buff.

One more good year next year and the foundation will be in place for something really special.

Totally agree. We have space problems potentially. I'd say there's a spot for Falo/Cotton, one safety from above, and Chaisson no matter what. Probably Daniels, as we need a frosh NT. I don't see us taking more than 4, so there's a lot of moving parts here.

I don't think we are working hard to add another OL guy, it's Newman or next year. That's just my gut feel. I would be intrigued with Ford if I'm the staff. Looks like a versatile guy with huge upside.

Slade-Matautia to announce tonight at Polynesian Bowl or will he visit CU first?

Last edited:
Slade-Matautia to announce tonight at Polynesian Bowl of will be visit CU first?
I'm not entirely sure what you said there...
I wasn't either there NW lol.

The situation is that if ISM announces tonight then it's unlikely that he picks CU.

However, if he doesn't announce then it's a good chance that CU can get his last visit next weekend and win this recruiting battle.

In other words, no news is good news tonight.

The situation is that if ISM announces tonight then it's unlikely that he picks CU.

However, if he doesn't announce then it's a good chance that CU can get his last visit next weekend and win this recruiting battle.

In other words, no news is good news tonight.
Appreciate the update.

There's a bunch of these guys I'd like to have, but there's no room. The biggest question is what to do if guys like Chaisson, Falo, Daniels, Elliss, Andrews, etc. wanted to be Buffs. Can they create more attrition at that point?

Do we have room for Joseph and Cotton/Falo at the moment? I also heard that Mac wants to keep a scholly open for a grad transfer

Back