What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Oregon Ducks @ Colorado Basketball Game thread

I'll guess we end up at 15 or 16 tomorrow, depending on if we get the bump over Oregon. To this point, 2 we've had two wins over teams that were ranked in the top 10 at the time, and our only losses are to current top 10 teams. Oregon can't match that resume, although they're a damn good team. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Buffs and Oregon at 15 and 16, with it basically being a coin-flip as to which is higher.

Sorry ... but I'm not seeing the disrespect there. He' criticizing his own team (justifiably IMO) while still giving credit to CU, especially Spence and Ski.

You've got to read it while picturing Altman with that sneer on his face.

Our RPI should go to 5-6, but doubt we break the top 10 in the polls. That's okay...when we win the PAC and are a #3-5 seed in the big dance, people will pay attention.

Buffs are now 8, Oregon at 9.

Before the game CU was 10 and Oregon was 7

After seeing the damage a tough early loss can do last year, this win is even bigger. With four winnable games coming up, we should be no worse than 5-1 going into Tucson on the 23rd. That Arizona trip could very well determine our conference fate though, with two tough games.

Sorry ... but I'm not seeing the disrespect there. He' criticizing his own team (justifiably IMO) while still giving credit to CU, especially Spence and Ski.

Agree. Altman is a dick, but he's just expressing disappointment in his own team. It's easier to be gracious when winning, so hopefully for Tad's sake, that continues.

**** you and your thinning hair Dana! Just finished watching, managed to avoid the score all day. Oregon is a damn good team, the best we'll see all year. Great guard play, and unreal size guy after guy deep into the bench. I expect them to get better as the year goes on and win the regular season conference title. They are a matchup nightmare and will give Arizona big problems. Effing San Diego St. steals our thunder. Go Buffs!

PS - Bonus having Raftery call the game. "The lingerie on the deck..."

Last edited:
What a game. Great out by Ski and XJ, and XT Had some great moments in there down the stretch. Did anyone else notice the offense/defense subs towards the end with XT & Jelly going in, J-hop/Wes coming out? I thought that was interesting. I was really hoping XT Would get to 10 pts, but not quite there.

Oregon is a damn good team, and I swear at times it seemed like they could not miss a shot. Also (unfortunately) Moser seems to have slayed the ghost of andre roberson.

Great win. I think our ceiling tomorrow in the polls is 14.

I agree. Not sure what you guys wanted from him. Should he've done the presser with a ****-eatin grin on his face?:lol:

L Buff - you should have been there Altman has no class, he was bitching we were flopping only to have his guys fake injury, so better players could shoot the FTs. Then better yet he started stomping his foot in mid FT stroke for XT "to get his teams attention." He's a douche.

L Buff and Goonie. - you should have been there Altman has no class, he was bitching we were flopping only to have his guys fake injury, so better players could shoot the FTs. Then better yet he started stomping his foot in mid FT stroke for XT "to get his teams attention." He's a douche.

I was there, and I saw most of those things as well. In my post above, I even wrote that Altman is a dick. I was also commenting on his post game comments that showed a "lack of respect" according to some. I'm not sure what you read in my post that made you think I think otherwise. I agree with what you wrote in this post.

I was there, and I saw most of those things as well. In my post above, I even wrote that Altman is a dick. I was also commenting on his post game comments that showed a "lack of respect" according to some. I'm not sure what you read in my post that made you think I think otherwise. I agree with what you wrote in this post.

Miss-read your post my bad.

Edited

http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17075

Oregon just couldn't get any stops or rebounds on defense in the last 5-10 minutes. Seems like CU has scored on every possession. I'm really starting to hate Boulder/CU since it's been nothing but nightmares and controversy since they got in the conference.

Booker going for the dunk once Oregon let up. Classy.
That's Colorado for you. Bunch of dirtbags playing for a dirtbag coach.

Boyle is a classless piece of s***, coaching a bunch of players that classless pieces of s***.

They never actually showed it on TV, but it sounded like whOregon had taken the ball and dunked it during a dead ball after play had stopped for a TO or foul earlier in the second half. You could hear the fans booing and getting on the player at the time for something, seemed like that was what happened.

But of course when Ski does it, he's a dirtbag. :lol:

Oregon just couldn't get any stops or rebounds on defense in the last 5-10 minutes. Seems like CU has scored on every possession. I'm really starting to hate Boulder/CU since it's been nothing but nightmares and controversy since they got in the conference.

Boyle is a classless piece of s***, coaching a bunch of players that classless pieces of s***.
what a bunch of pussies...

wow. the ducks commentary doesn't do justice to their damn good team. only a single intelligent comment in the entire thread...

Imagine though if Oregon's fan base supported our team like CU does theirs? Maybe we'd be on the other end of the garbage officiating in this conference every once in awhile.

They never actually showed it on TV, but it sounded like whOregon had taken the ball and dunked it during a dead ball after play had stopped for a TO or foul earlier in the second half. You could hear the fans booing and getting on the player at the time for something, seemed like that was what happened.

But of course when Ski does it, he's a dirtbag. :lol:

I think that was Castille and he missed the dunk. Student section got on him for it.

I think Artis did it in the first half too. Could be wrong on the player but it definitely happened twice. Nice payback from Ski before Boyle emptied the bench.

We own Oregon.

Did anyone notice that when Boyle was getting the bench cleared one of the Oregon players (Dotson) walked right by him and started talking smack. It pissed Tad off and he all but told him to get his ***** out there. Typical classless Oregon BS on display.

Last edited:
That thread from the Oregon site doesn't have one reasonable post. Is there not a knowledgable basketball fan who roots for Oregon? Jesus, who would want to read a ref trashing, opponent bashing circle jerk twice a week? That was awful.

While you can't help but notice a certain uhhhh...familiarity to the thread you also have to notice the exact arch that it is with husker threads over the years.

1) no real mention of the play of their own team in defeat
2) a focus on the "class" of the opponent, their coach and fans
3) complaints about officiating being consistently biased against them to the degree that it requires investigation.

i think it would be diagnosed as narcissism with paranoid dillusion.

Where did my post go?

Great win by the Buffs. In truth I had my doubts about this one. Not only did the Buffs win but they looked strong in doing so. This young team is coming of age. If our back court can continue to play more like that game in game out and our young guys up front can continue to mature we could go a long way. I really thought we would have at least one more loss, maybe two by now. Tad and staff are growing too. A few more seasons of this and Boyle will be mentioned among the nations elite. Quite a feather in our caps if we can afford to hold on to him.

And as far as the Oregon fan base, Dotson and Altman are concerned, they can shoot off their mouths when they can build a great team from the roots up instead of mercenaries, JC's and transfers (just how many do they have altogether anyway?) I think I counted at least 5.

Great win, Keep it going Buffs, the sky is the limit.

Just a couple bandwagoners who saw Oregon ranked 10 so checked out basketball for a week. They'll run along now. It's great owning a tool like Altman. Good win Buffs, move on

Back