What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 NCAA Tournament Thread

I just wanted to draw attention to this reply, which is solid gold considering Dodd's d-baggery

[tweet]582019616626618368[/tweet]

I just wanted to draw attention to this reply, which is solid gold considering Dodd's d-baggery

[tweet]582019616626618368[/tweet]

Winner, so far.

Dodd started stupid and keeps piling on. Maybe he is working under the bad publicity is better than no publicity but he isn't going to win this one, nor should he.

Have to wonder when somebody above him at CBS tells him to shut up for his own sake.

Winner, so far.

Dodd started stupid and keeps piling on. Maybe he is working under the bad publicity is better than no publicity but he isn't going to win this one, nor should he.

Have to wonder when somebody above him at CBS tells him to shut up for his own sake.

I know he's gone after a few programs in his day, so there are fanbases that have hated his guts, but other than that I always thought he was one of the normal, non-jackass, reporters. He pops up on all the cfb podcasts I listen to and seems to get along with everybody, and be knowledgeable, etc.

How in 2015 he thought ranting on twitter about anything would be a good idea, let alone taking on Aaron Rodgers, I just don't get it.

I know he's gone after a few programs in his day, so there are fanbases that have hated his guts, but other than that I always thought he was one of the normal, non-jackass, reporters. He pops up on all the cfb podcasts I listen to and seems to get along with everybody, and be knowledgeable, etc.

How in 2015 he thought ranting on twitter about anything would be a good idea, let alone taking on Aaron Rodgers, I just don't get it.

That's what makes this notable.

Up till now Dodd had been one of those media types who wasn't known for outlandish statements or for drawing attention to himself. My impression has been the same, a guy who tends to get along.

I can even see the initial tweet with him being a little miffed at having his broadcast plans upset. If he had just backed off after the bad start nobody would have worried about it but he just kept on going.

The instant nature of twitter makes it to easy to spout without considering context or consequences. It also seems like controversy draws more viewers than intelligence (Skip Bayless?) In the long run this may give Dodd at higher profile.

I don't think that is what it is about though. I think he is just having a temper tantrum and doesn't know when to stop.

I want MSU so I don't have to listen to the commentators say LOOAHVUL time and time again.

Sean Miller and his team must be sick to their stomachs after watching MSU-Louisville.

"One of these teams is going to the Final Four and we're staying home?"

Sean Miller and his team must be sick to their stomachs after watching MSU-Louisville.

"One of these teams is going to the Final Four and we're staying home?"

Arizona will never have the success Louisville and Michigan State have had.

Arizona will never have the success Louisville and Michigan State have had.

Arizona has had just as much success as Michigan State has, but that's beside the point. I'm talking about this weekend. Arizona played a great game and got beat by a team that played at an historic level. MSU and Villanova was a trainwreck of a game. Ugly, ugly basketball.

Arizona has had just as much success as Michigan State has, but that's beside the point. I'm talking about this weekend. Arizona played a great game and got beat by a team that played at an historic level. MSU and Villanova was a trainwreck of a game. Ugly, ugly basketball.

They don't have a 2nd NC, they have five less final fours, and a couple less elite eights. Michigan State is more of a blue blood program than Arizona is, but I suppose that is beside the point. I still say they have no right to pout. They didn't win when they needed to.

I think you mean Louisville and not Nova.

Well my bracket sucked but I got 3 of 4 final four teams right. If Duke and Kentucky win, I got the final right.

Well my bracket sucked but I got 3 of 4 final four teams right. If Duke and Kentucky win, I got the final right.

Congrats on getting 3 of the four 1 seeds in your final four. It must have taken a tremendous amount of fortitude to make such a bold move.

Congrats on getting 3 of the four 1 seeds in your final four. It must have taken a tremendous amount of fortitude to make such a bold move.

I correctly picked 4 of 4 final four teams. I'm proud of the Michigan State pick.

There's a guy who teaches at Kentucky who went to Michigan state undergrad and has a PhD from Wiscy. Talk about a potential conflict.

BTW, Indy is pretty much the perfect host site for this field. Indy is within a five hour drive from Madison, Lansing and Lexington.

Rodgers shot the guy down pretty well

9309a68f87295927ef2b3aa9e840fa74.jpg

There's a guy who teaches at Kentucky who went to Michigan state undergrad and has a PhD from Wiscy. Talk about a potential conflict.
college sports loyalty rule #1 -- your undergrad alma mater trumps all. current employer (i.e. income source) bears consideration, but undergrad loyalty wins.

BTW, Indy is pretty much the perfect host site for this field. Indy is within a five hour drive from Madison, Lansing and Lexington.
good insight. rep.

When I see Jay Bias on TV, I'm reminded of this old line from a Beatles song:

'He's the all-American bullet-headed Saxon mother's son'

Does anyone else here find Bill Raftery as incredibly annoying as I do? :bang:

Valentine off to a fast start. :thumbsup:

Coaching has taken Michigan State as far as they are getting this year. Duke's talent has taken this game.

Yeah, duke's coaching is holding them back.

Not implied at all. Izzo took this years MSU team further than their talent would indicate. Being a 7th seed and making the final four says a lot.

They weren't going to beat Duke by outcoaching Coach K. With that taken care of the talent differential took over and we end up with a 20 point game.

Back