What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Darth is right.

The Sewell's were Baer's boys. He was their primary recruiter. But I'd not be surprised to see them both commit to UNLV. About 90 minutes from home for them.

10 in-state recruiting updates from McChesney's gym earlier this month http://rvls.co/1ziO2jE (free).

Merry Christmas AB'ers!

Marcus McElroy Jr.
Milo Hall
Santino Marchiol
Joe Parker
JoJo Domann
Tommy Lazzaro
Josh Wright
Andrew Wingard
Jake moretti
Frank Umu

Last edited:
Jaelon Blandburg (WR from Orange Lutheran) is back on the radar. Visited in the spring when he was still at Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas.

Only played 3 games as a junior:

[video=youtube;S9Bb84Kvsjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Bb84Kvsjk[/video]

Senior highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/895025/highlights/171504380

[tweet]554771435697102849[/tweet]

I'll put a profile together if it looks like that tweet means something. Maybe he committed? 6'3" 195 lbs... very much passes the eyeball test of looking like a Pac-12 WR.

Met Jaelon at camp this summer. Very tall, lanky. He didn't have the best performance at CU's camp if I remember correctly.

Nothing to indicate CU interest, but if the Buffs are looking for a late JUCO addition at LB I just watched film on a guy from Glendale CC (and we definitely recruit that JUCO). Dominick Bell is a little under 6' tall so not ideal at MLB, but this guy tracks and then unloads like nobody's business. Would be a good insurance policy for Gillam while also contributing on special teams for his 2 years. And while he didn't play there in the highlights, I can definitely seem him being able to line up at FB to open some holes (and we need that if Frazier moves to DE).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1733740/highlights/210156409

Nothing to indicate CU interest, but if the Buffs are looking for a late JUCO addition at LB I just watched film on a guy from Glendale CC (and we definitely recruit that JUCO). Dominick Bell is a little under 6' tall so not ideal at MLB, but this guy tracks and then unloads like nobody's business. Would be a good insurance policy for Gillam while also contributing on special teams for his 2 years. And while he didn't play there in the highlights, I can definitely seem him being able to line up at FB to open some holes (and we need that if Frazier moves to DE).

Teammates with Mayes, who's committed to CSU. Why don't we just poach him? :laugh:

Talked to Mayes the other night, he said he didn't hear from the MacIntyre staff at CU, but Embree and his crew liked him.

I am very impressed with his film! I would love it if the Buffaloes could get him.

According to Rivals, CU is currently ranked 56th for 2015 recruiting, tied with Utah, KU and Purdue. Some notable P5 (and other notables) programs we are ranked ahead of include, Vanderbilt (60), Kansas State (61), BYU (65), Pitt (72), South Florida (73), Iowa State (76), UConn (80), UCF (84), Boise State (88), Florida (96), Michigan (98), Fresno State (99), Oregon State (107) and CSU (116).

Obviously, we should strive for better than 56th but things could be worse.

According to Rivals, CU is currently ranked 56th for 2015 recruiting, tied with Utah, KU and Purdue. Some notable P5 (and other notables) programs we are ranked ahead of include, Vanderbilt (60), Kansas State (61), BYU (65), Pitt (72), South Florida (73), Iowa State (76), UConn (80), UCF (84), Boise State (88), Florida (96), Michigan (98), Fresno State (99), Oregon State (107) and CSU (116).

You have to stop looking at the overall ranking, it's pretty much worthless. How we rank against Pitt or South Florida doesn't mean a damn thing. What matters is how we rank against our conference since we actually play against them. We're currently near the bottom in conference and have been there for several years, so it really couldn't get that much worse IMO.

You have to stop looking at the overall ranking, it's pretty much worthless. How we rank against Pitt or South Florida doesn't mean a damn thing. What matters is how we rank against our conference since we actually play against them. We're currently near the bottom in conference and have been there for several years, so it really couldn't get that much worse IMO.

Oh, it could be worse...we could be CSU

56th isn't bad considering this has been a **** program for 10 years. It's not good enough for the PAC12, especially the South. If we are one of the worst P5 teams, we should be in the high 60s so mid-50s isn't bad all things considered.

My hope continues to be in Mac's development and coaching...of which he has a proven track record. 2015 looks like an important year...gotta win 5 IMO (3-4 OOC and 1-2 PAC12 games).

Ok, then our class is more or less equal to Utah's and better than Oregon State's

Ok, then our class is more or less equal to Utah's and better than Oregon State's

Debatable, but even if you believe that you're talking about 2 schools going through major coaching upheaval and we're still closer to the bottom than we are to even the middle of our conference.

We also moved ahead of Western Michigan apparently. That's good to see. It was a bummer to be behind them last year.

Debatable, but even if you believe that you're talking about 2 schools going through major coaching upheaval and we're still closer to the bottom than we are to even the middle of our conference.
Oregon State isn't even debatable. It's by far the worst in the conference. 12 commits, three 3*'s, and a 2.25 star average. You act like Utah isn't constantly in upheaval, they replace their coordinators every damn year. We are tied with them in points, though they have 2 less commits. They have one 4* JUCO (Adam says Carrell should have been a 4*, same for Fehoko, fwiw), but I can't find anything on the JUCO so I'm not sure if he's making it in or not.

Oregon State isn't even debatable. It's by far the worst in the conference. 12 commits, three 3*'s, and a 2.25 star average. You act like Utah isn't constantly in upheaval, they replace their coordinators every damn year. We are tied with them in points, though they have 2 less commits. They have one 4* JUCO (Adam says Carrell should have been a 4*, same for Fehoko, fwiw), but I can't find anything on the JUCO so I'm not sure if he's making it in or not.

It doesn't take a genius to understand why Oregon State may be having a bad class, and Utah's average player ranking is higher than us despite not having an OC or DC.

Still, being in that company is no great accomplishment so I have no idea why you even chimed in here unless being tied for 10th is just fine by you.

It doesn't take a genius to understand why Oregon State may be having a bad class, and Utah's average player ranking is higher than us despite not having an OC or DC.

Still, being in that company is no great accomplishment so I have no idea why you even chimed in here unless being tied for 10th is just fine by you.
. Baby steps, bitch...give us ten years and we may be up to 8th best in Pac.

Oregon State didn't have a great class before Riley left. Sure it was a bit better but it was still #12 in the conference

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just answering your earlier question. I know you like to think that I'm content with it, but just know you're dead wrong. I'm sure you'll keep thinking differently though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back