What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Oh, I apologize. "Good Academics" takes your post in a completely different direction than "Goof academics". My post referencing USC, UCLA and Oregon was more of an extreme comparison and I realize most logical people aren't expecting to compete with them. However, IMO, facilities and success on the field are 75% or more of what sways a recruit to commit. Even programs like TTU, however bad direction they may be heading, have far superior facilities and more recent success than CU. CU's facilities, until now, are about in line with the Mountain West Conference. And it has shown in recruiting.
I mean, you have done something few have done on this site...I'm at a loss for words. Wowza. Come on, man.

Thank you. Some of the no excuse, mouth breathers on this site think 17 year old kids should be sold on coming to CU based on success when the kid was 6 years old and facilities last built/upgraded before they were born. Meanwhile, Oregon, UCLA, USC, etc. have better facilities than most NFL teams and they get upset when we lose recruits to those teams. Nothing like the Dal Ward Center competing against the house that Phil Knight built.
You need to take a chill pill with this kind of nonsense in a recruit thread. people can reasonably disagree with you, and have, without being mouth breathers. If you can't realize that, please go elsewhere.

So 3 coaching staffs in a row were all just bad recruiters? Had/has nothing to do with success on the field, facilities and academic requirements? You all seem to be great at saying, "Coaches need to do a better job recruiting" but fail to provide what that even means. KIDS WANT TO PLAY FOR A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM WITH TOP NOTCH FACILITIES. PERIOD.
this is where kids miss the boat I think. If it was me or my kid - I would rather play for a program in a great conference and lose every game, while being a star on the team/field...and it would make it easier to be that star and stand out.

this is where kids miss the boat I think. If it was me or my kid - I would rather play for a program in a great conference and lose every game, while being a star on the team/field...and it would make it easier to be that star and stand out.

I would tend to agree but every coach promises good recruits playing time and they all think they can be top players on really good teams that get all the spotlight. Also, have people noticed that CU is starting to use different uniform combos for just about every game? It may not be completely different jerseys, pants and helmets every week but they are constantly switching the combinations, they added the Matte Black helmets, and even newer jerseys are coming down the pipe next year. Who does that remind you of?

You need to take a chill pill with this kind of nonsense in a recruit thread. people can reasonably disagree with you, and have, without being mouth breathers. If you can't realize that, please go elsewhere.

I apologize. I shouldn't have reacted that harshly to the threat of a ban because a Moderator disagreed with my opinion.

I would tend to agree but every coach promises good recruits playing time and they all think they can be top players on really good teams that get all the spotlight. Also, have people noticed that CU is starting to use different uniform combos for just about every game? It may not be completely different jerseys, pants and helmets every week but they are constantly switching the combinations, they added the Matte Black helmets, and even newer jerseys are coming down the pipe next year. Who does that remind you of?
Orr's girlfriend?

Ya'll know the breakdown on arguing with an idot, not sure why you do it. bb3 has been entertaining, but it does get tiresome.

Duff has had the same stance for years. He is consistent and it's really hard to argue with him given CU's recruiting results and on field performance.

People join allbuffs and type the same stuff that Duff has been arguing against for years. And the new people always have the same arguments. Every. ****ing. Year.

I'm surprised Duff still tries.

I certainly don't agree with everything Duff says but I wish that a lot more of it was wrong. Unfortunately our W-L record is hard to hide and it tends to back a lot of what Duff has been saying.

A lot of sunshine is getting pumped right now which would be fine except that a lot of sunshine was being pumped last year and the year before and the year before, etc. etc. etc. Duff has quantifiable results on the side of his argument. Again doesn't mean he is completely right but it does mean that he has a certain degree of validity.

I also know that Duff is enough of a Buffs fan that he would love to say "Our 10-2 record this year proves me wrong." but that hasn't happened so far.

hehe, I knew I could count on you undefeated! In years past duff would've had more patience and you guys could've churned out 20 pages!

I don't think people are talking USC and Oregon. I think people are talking Wazzu, Utah, Oregon State, and TT. Hell even Nevada.

FYI if a guy posts in italics, it is sarcasm to the highest level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

too much time spent all Allbuffs this weekend (avoiding wife's "Xmas spirit"). I think all this gets solved if CU finds a recruiter whose a good salesman.

We really attacked Arizona hard this year. Oliver, Jan and Tonz. That's good to see especially with two of those being from Chandler and Brophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By "attacking" AZ, we beat out a couple mid-majors. The acceptance of poor recruiting bothers me more than the poor recruiting.

By "attacking" AZ, we beat out a couple mid-majors. The acceptance of poor recruiting bothers me more than the poor recruiting.
I think its more of a notion that the staff is putting a greater effort into recruiting the state than previous staffs.

Your ability to put words in other people's mouths bothers me more than your opinion of what I choose to accept or not.

I think its more of a notion that the staff is putting a greater effort into recruiting the state than previous staffs.

:yeahthat:

Back