What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

Damn, was hoping we would get brown after not getting the wyoming kid. We're used to losing recruiting battles so oh well, coach them up and there are still some good ones left. Go buffs

Holy ****....somebody slip you a mellow mushroom? I like the attitude.

He has a class full of DTs and we might even get one more. The rest he can work with.:lol:

Not at all. For all I know, we've got some superstars developing. But I said "confident". Fields is the only one who earned that trust last year, imo.

At what point since 2001 were you feeling better about our WR young recruits? I feel better than in years! When Paul Richardson fell into our laps (not via recruiting mind you) he was by far the best guy we had. We had nothing else. When Toney Clemons transferred in, same thing.

I haven't felt this good about young receivers.... since well, never. Do I have high confidence in any of them? No. Did I for Spruce? No.

The coaches just have to accept the players they can get, purely based on W/L record. Makes it pretty easy to recruit IMO.

I might be more pissed off and confused about this commitment as any over the last decade or so. Having a very hard time accepting this.

Kid talks about academics in every single update over the year and chooses a veritable glorified Junior College. Their accreditation was put on probation not long ago. They managed to keep it, but should have lost it after this video surfaced. Tech students, dumb as rocks LINK

A regional collegiate accrediting organization placed Texas Tech on probation Tuesday for failing to show that its curriculum produced college-level competency.

But fine, kids talk about academics all the time. Hell, he visited Nebraska too.

A kid from LA is going to be miserable in Lubbock and playing in the Texas 10. Oklahoma fans are at all time high wanting to leave that conference who is two additions away from being the AAC. Tech lost to TCU 82-27. Tuberville hated that place so much he took a step down to coach Cincinnati for **** sake.

He seems smart enough not to choose a school based on a coach. When KK is fired, will Chiaverini be retained by the new coach? And he coaches STs anyway....

I don't like thinking if a former Buff in Chiaverini negatively recruited CU. I hope that's not the case and he just did a better job than Walters. But I thought for sure this kid was going to be a Buff and we'd be playing defense against fUCLA the next month.

Tech? Are you freakn kidding me?? This one is going to piss me off for a long time. If he signs with Tech, guaranteed transfer. Guaranteed.

I might be more pissed off and confused about this commitment as any over the last decade or so. Having a very hard time accepting this.

Kid talks about academics in every single update over the year and chooses a veritable glorified Junior College. Their accreditation was put on probation not long ago. They managed to keep it, but should have lost it after this video surfaced. Tech students, dumb as rocks LINK

A regional collegiate accrediting organization placed Texas Tech on probation Tuesday for failing to show that its curriculum produced college-level competency.

But fine, kids talk about academics all the time. Hell, he visited Nebraska too.

A kid from LA is going to be miserable in Lubbock and playing in the Texas 10. Oklahoma fans are at all time high wanting to leave that conference who is two additions away from being the AAC. Tech lost to TCU 82-27. Tuberville hated that place so much he took a step down to coach Cincinnati for **** sake.

He seems smart enough not to choose a school based on a coach. When KK is fired, will Chiaverini be retained by the new coach? And he coaches STs anyway....

I don't like thinking if a former Buff in Chiaverini negatively recruited CU. I hope that's not the case and he just did a better job than Walters. But I thought for sure this kid was going to be a Buff and we'd be playing defense against fUCLA the next month.

Tech? Are you freakn kidding me?? This one is going to piss me off for a long time. If he signs with Tech, guaranteed transfer. Guaranteed.

I agree wholeheartedly but these are 18 year old kids you're talking about. Remember how naive you were at 18? I roll my eyes at 90% of the recruits who talk academics. College football doesn't put an emphasis on the student part of student athlete, and their "educations" aren't paid for because they're great students.

The coaches just have to accept the players they can get, purely based on W/L record. Makes it pretty easy to recruit IMO.

A decade of losing, bottom of the barrel facilities (soon to be improved), and a revolving door of coaches sure would make me want to play for CU. That's a helluva sales pitch, really.

A decade of losing, bottom of the barrel facilities (soon to be improved), and a revolving door of coaches sure would make me want to play for CU. That's a helluva sales pitch, really.

Thank you. Some of the no excuse, mouth breathers on this site think 17 year old kids should be sold on coming to CU based on success when the kid was 6 years old and facilities last built/upgraded before they were born. Meanwhile, Oregon, UCLA, USC, etc. have better facilities than most NFL teams and they get upset when we lose recruits to those teams. Nothing like the Dal Ward Center competing against the house that Phil Knight built.

They all think their going pro and get paid in the nfl, dont need no stinkn edumacation. When they speak of "how important education is" is just like their recruiter telling them anything possible to get them in the door. Maybe MM is more honest and tells the kids its about competition and hard work.

fUCLA does not have nice facilities. Ours will be ready to go by the time this class steps on campus. Will probably see a better bump when kids can walk through a finished project, but what we are building will get CU right there with most anyone.

fUCLA does not have nice facilities. Ours will be ready to go by the time this class steps on campus. Will probably see a better bump when kids can walk through a finished project, but what we are building will get CU right there with most anyone.

I'm not familiar with their facilities but my point should be made, regardless. CU's facilities are at or near the bottom of the P12. Excited to see how the finished product will affect recruiting in the next cycle and down the road. Recruits can take all the virtual tours of the new facilities they want but, at the end of the day, they want to see it completed.

Thank you. Some of the no excuse, mouth breathers on this site think 17 year old kids should be sold on coming to CU based on success when the kid was 6 years old and facilities last built/upgraded before they were born. Meanwhile, Oregon, UCLA, USC, etc. have better facilities than most NFL teams and they get upset when we lose recruits to those teams. Nothing like the Dal Ward Center competing against the house that Phil Knight built.

I am seriously contemplating banning the next person who repeats this dumb argument. No one (NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THIS ENTIRE SITE) believes CU should be competing with Oregon, UCLA, and USC for recruits. Not a single person. But it is continuously brought up by the people defending recruiting as if that the argument being made. It is not. Seriously, stop ****ing saying it over and over again in the hopes that it will somehow make it reality.

There is gigantic difference between recruiting against those schools and our current recruiting level. If you think the current level is not only okay, but actually encouraging, I do not know what to tell you. We can and should be doing better. And better DOES NOT mean recruiting against Oregon, UCLA, and USC for recruits.

SD - all good points and valid. I'm not sure with Brown, but a lot of times us fans get confused when we hear a recruit talk about how important academics are and then they pick Texas Tech, ASU or Nebraska.

Most recruits are talking about "academic support", i.e. their likelihood of graduating with some degree, and often times without having to do anything. The UNC program for example.

That's different than when we lose kids to Stanford for "academic reasons". Again, too lazy to read this thread to see what Tony wanted from academics. I seem to recall he was a real bright kid.

I am seriously contemplating banning the next person who repeats this dumb argument. No one (NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THIS ENTIRE SITE) believes CU should be competing with Oregon, UCLA, and USC for recruits. Not a single person. But it is continuously brought up by the people defending recruiting as if that the argument being made. It is not. Seriously, stop ****ing saying it over and over again in the hopes that it will somehow make it reality.

There is gigantic difference between recruiting against those schools and our current recruiting level. If you think the current level is not only okay, but actually encouraging, I do not know what to tell you. We can and should be doing better. And better DOES NOT mean recruiting against Oregon, UCLA, and USC for recruits.

So 3 coaching staffs in a row were all just bad recruiters? Had/has nothing to do with success on the field, facilities and academic requirements? You all seem to be great at saying, "Coaches need to do a better job recruiting" but fail to provide what that even means. KIDS WANT TO PLAY FOR A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM WITH TOP NOTCH FACILITIES. PERIOD.

First, read Duff's post. We lost to TT, not UCLA. Or Oregon. Or USC. There is no excuse to lose to TT with this battle. No excuse. We have a great offense for a WR, goof academics, great facilities on the way, and we will be sending two WRs to the NFL with PRICH and Spruce.

So 3 coaching staffs in a row were all just bad recruiters? Had/has nothing to do with success on the field, facilities and academic requirements? You all seem to be great at saying, "Coaches need to do a better job recruiting" but fail to provide what that even means. KIDS WANT TO PLAY FOR A SUCCESSFUL PROGRAM WITH TOP NOTCH FACILITIES. PERIOD.

Uh, yes. Any other questions?

First, read Duff's post. We lost to TT, not UCLA. Or Oregon. Or USC. There is no excuse to lose to TT with this battle. No excuse. We have a great offense for a WR, goof academics, great facilities on the way, and we will be sending two WRs to the NFL with PRICH and Spruce.

Goof academics? Incorrect. Next.

I agree mostly, but duff has a point. We should be doing better. We have to do better. This is the year, for me anyway, that the staff will be held to a certain standard. 3 years (consistency), facilities (training) will be done in 6 months, and new uniforms coming down the pipe (recruiting). It is time to start showing their stuff on and off the field. They have not closed this class well. Not acceptable. We cannot compete at a Pac-12 level with these kind of recruiting classes. That is a fact.

Next year HAS to be better. Period.

Uh, yes. Any other questions?

Ok. It's a losing argument with you, Duff, as it seems most are on these boards. I disagree with your outlook on the state of recruiting at CU but I respect your passion for CU football, as I am right there with you. Have a nice day.

Ok. It's a losing argument with you, Duff, as it seems most are on these boards. I disagree with your outlook on the state of recruiting at CU but I respect your passion for CU football, as I am right there with you. Have a nice day.

Duff has had the same stance for years. He is consistent and it's really hard to argue with him given CU's recruiting results and on field performance.

People join allbuffs and type the same stuff that Duff has been arguing against for years. And the new people always have the same arguments. Every. ****ing. Year.

I'm surprised Duff still tries.

I agree mostly, but duff has a point. We should be doing better. We have to do better. This is the year, for me anyway, that the staff will be held to a certain standard. 3 years (performance (consistency), facilities (training) will be done in 6 months, and new uniforms coming down the pipe (recruiting). It is time to start showing their stuff on and off the field. They have not closed this class well. Not acceptable. We cannot compete at a Pac-12 level with these kind of recruiting classes. That is a fact.

Next year HAS to be better. Period.

They competed better in the P12 this year, with worse recruits, than they have at any point, in either conference, over the past 10 years. It's a good staff that knows what they're doing but recruiting momentum takes time and is 100% tied to success on the field and facilities that are ALREADY BUILT AND IN USE. If they still can't get better recruits once the facilities can be seen in full and are in use, I'll concede this point. Until then, agree to disagree.

Duff has had the same stance for years. He is consistent and it's really hard to argue with him given CU's recruiting results and on field performance.

People join allbuffs and type the same stuff that Duff has been arguing against for years. And the new people always have the same arguments. Every. ****ing. Year.

I'm surprised Duff still tries.

I guess that's part of being a Moderator on a discussion board such as this

So move past the phone typing error, do you have anything to dispute my post?

Oh, I apologize. "Good Academics" takes your post in a completely different direction than "Goof academics". My post referencing USC, UCLA and Oregon was more of an extreme comparison and I realize most logical people aren't expecting to compete with them. However, IMO, facilities and success on the field are 75% or more of what sways a recruit to commit. Even programs like TTU, however bad direction they may be heading, have far superior facilities and more recent success than CU. CU's facilities, until now, are about in line with the Mountain West Conference. And it has shown in recruiting.

Back