What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 Coaching Carousel..

I was (be facetious) talking about as Head Coach.
Figured that out after subsequent posts. (y) I think he'll be a fine head coach some day, but I think the proper path (like so many other great coaches) is to get a HC gig at a G5 program, work out the kinks for a few years, and then come back. Not sure if that's in the cards, but that's the way I'd like to see it play out.

same with Hagan and his position group, minus the recruiting accolades. Phil did what he did, after that whos has been coached up? This season - If we did not get Travon to transfer here, what would we have? I do not see any of his positional group being coached up either. Same for Adams.
Now Drake has coached up his positional group and I would say the same with Els.

It’s been mentioned before, having Chiv step up once HCMM is “poached”.
Did you even read the context that sparked the conversation you were replying to? It was a joking hypothetical about Urban Meyer coming to CU. In that case, yeah, I think everybody here would be off the Chev train.

When I stated lucky with Viska, I was referring to him having the natural (not coachable) talent to make plays. I feel Chev rode him and used him a little to much in the first 4/5 games. we all saw it. I don't see any other recievers being coached up. JMac, we knew what we had in him 2 seasons ago. Viska, a natural talent and extremely athletic kid, would start anywhere in the country. KDNixon, does what he does, not super dynamic and certainly not "coached Up". After that - Who else on the WR roster is being truly coached up? Last year was the same. Chev is a good recruiter who can sell Colorado. Play calling is very suspect and his position group is kinda underwhelming for the accolades that all the recruiting brought with them.
Can you please describe what a "coached up" player looks like? Thanks.

Did you even read the context that sparked the conversation you were replying to? It was a joking hypothetical about Urban Meyer coming to CU. In that case, yeah, I think everybody here would be off the Chev train.
Seems like most people got the jest in my post. You never seem to. I’ll try to make special indications especially for you from now on.

Wait, he’s not coming?

The OSU game will be a poor gauge to measure the offense. It’s forecasted to be windy. I expect the Buffs to grind out a victory on the ground. The game’s likely to be satisfying but potentially rather boring.
Is 10-20 mph winds defined as windy?
upload_2018-10-25_11-12-17.png

Or have you seen a forecast that calls for something stronger than that?

2nd dumbest question.
Natural talent, strong as an ox (OL) and some speed to go with it. Not to mention his drive to be the best.

the "Lucky" part that I mentioned was his raw talent and he chose us. According to espn, he could have gone to alabama.

He was not going to Alabama. Chev made him a priority and landed him. Then made him the focal point of the offense and coached him up. There is no "luck" involved in any step of the process.

Throwing out cliches is pretty easy though.

He was not going to Alabama. Chev made him a priority and landed him. Then made him the focal point of the offense and coached him up. There is no "luck" involved in any step of the process.

Throwing out cliches is pretty easy though.
whatever

C'Mon Man. How long You been watching college football? dumbest question ever.
Lol ok. Yes, there is plenty of God-given ability that comes with elite players at any program in the country. To suggest that they are all that good because of the natural ability and aren't being "coached up" is silly. So I'll ask the dumbest question ever again... What does a "coached up" player look like, vs a player with just plain natural ability?

As I guy who has been the most hesitant on Chev's ability, to not give him full credit for finding, recruiting, and developing Viska is a really, really, really bad take. It's his crowning achievement so far.

Back