What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Depth Chart Prediction

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/cu...on-on-o-line-this-spring.131441/#post-2374338

My take away from the above article that fails to mention Moretti at all, was that he was likely out for the spring...if I am wrong about that, please clue me in.
Moretti is participating this spring. He is being brought along very slowly and strategically to bring him back smartly, though. If everything goes great and his body responds then it's possible he'll be a full go for fall camp.

Edit: what @Duff Man and @Shldr2Shldr posted

A nice surprise for sure. Getting some clear, positive news about him is good. Bringing him along slowly is the right move and if he is full-go this fall, I think we can truly start talking about him as a long-term answer.
Unless there's more news than what MM disclosed, I'd say it's good news but until I see him fully participating, there could still be Bumps in the road.

ALright so Mac clarified some things today in his press conference. Kaiser, moretti, haigler and Vaughn are tackles only. Polley and lytle can move between both spots. I couldn’t be more frustrated with kaiser being labeled as a tackle only. How does Mac value length in the defensive backfield so much but not at tackle? A 6’6 guard (lytle) who is rumored to be more of a finesse player does not fit in on the interior o line. Get him in space and allow him to use his athleticism and size.

ALright so Mac clarified some things today in his press conference. Kaiser, moretti, haigler and Vaughn are tackles only. Polley and lytle can move between both spots. I couldn’t be more frustrated with kaiser being labeled as a tackle only. How does Mac value length in the defensive backfield so much but not at tackle? A 6’6 guard (lytle) who is rumored to be more of a finesse player does not fit in on the interior o line. Get him in space and allow him to use his athleticism and size.
Kaiser's a pretty good athlete but doesn't have the power to play inside a phone booth. His game is naturally an OT. We need the veteran depth there anyway.

Interesting that Middlemiss wasn't mentioned.

Kaiser's a pretty good athlete but doesn't have the power to play inside a phone booth. His game is naturally an OT. We need the veteran depth there anyway.

Interesting that Middlemiss wasn't mentioned.
Damn we have completely different views on kaiser, he seems very unathletic with slow feet but has good size and strength to play inside. I do drink a lot when I watch these games though lol.

Damn we have completely different views on kaiser, he seems very unathletic with slow feet but has good size and strength to play inside. I do drink a lot when I watch these games though lol.
He's a plus athlete but lacks length to be an ideal OT, but lacks power to play inside . His versatility is his strength but it also means he's less than ideal for either.

He's at OT due to need . We are thin there as documented. He has better feet than other candidates, so he's an OT. If we were thinner at OG, we could beef him up in a jiffy. Sadly, there's nothing to help him with length .

Kid is giving 100% so he's a good Buff .

He's a plus athlete but lacks length to be an ideal OT, but lacks power to play inside . His versatility is his strength but it also means he's less than ideal for either.

He's at OT due to need . We are thin there as documented. He has better feet than other candidates, so he's an OT. If we were thinner at OG, we could beef him up in a jiffy. Sadly, there's nothing to help him with length .

Kid is giving 100% so he's a good Buff .
How is someone that can’t move very well and has slow feet a plus athlete? He got killed on pass rush moves last year, even against CSU. He is a big boy that has some weight to him and that’s about it.

How is someone that can’t move very well and has slow feet a plus athlete? He got killed on pass rush moves last year, even against CSU. He is a big boy that has some weight to him and that’s about it.

Offseason Saturday drinking? You contradict yourself above. It's as though you started drinking after post 2388970 when you mentioned you drink on Saturdays!

Kaiser moves pretty well and has quick feet and is thus a plus athlete as Buffnik stated.

He also got killed on pass rush moves last year (as you state), as would the most athletic guy on the team, if there's a breakdown in fundamentals in pass blocking. Kaiser sometimes forgets those fundamentals and gets beat badly. He's not long enough to be even mildly effective without being fundamentally correct (mostly with his feet). When he stays fundamentally correct, he can be pretty effective.

Offseason Saturday drinking? You contradict yourself above. It's as though you started drinking after post 2388970 when you mentioned you drink on Saturdays!

Kaiser moves pretty well and has quick feet and is thus a plus athlete as Buffnik stated.

He also got killed on pass rush moves last year (as you state), as would the most athletic guy on the team, if there's a breakdown in fundamentals in pass blocking. Kaiser sometimes forgets those fundamentals and gets beat badly. He's not long enough to be even mildly effective without being fundamentally correct (mostly with his feet). When he stays fundamentally correct, he can be pretty effective.
All I’m saying I saw kaiser getting beat athletically a ton last year. His positioning was fine he took the right steps but as soon as a defender made a move he couldn’t handle it, that screams not athletic enough to me but if you can provide examples if what you are talking about I am open to conversation.

All I’m saying I saw kaiser getting beat athletically a ton last year. His positioning was fine he took the right steps but as soon as a defender made a move he couldn’t handle it, that screams not athletic enough to me but if you can provide examples if what you are talking about I am open to conversation.
You saw a lot for being drunk . Maybe Adams reads these threads?

Yes, I'm looking forward to what Callier and Sparaco can do. Also, good to see Edwards putting in the work this offseason, too. I expect him to be better next year.

That's effectively a 'good morning' that he is doing at the bottom of each movement. He can't transfer all that power in his quads. Maybe why he is put on his back by smaller guys. He would be a beast if he worked more on his posterior chain and core. Excited to see what Drew can do with Edwards.

That's effectively a 'good morning' that he is doing at the bottom of each movement. He can't transfer all that power in his quads. Maybe why he is put on his back by smaller guys. He would be a beast if he worked more on his posterior chain and core. Excited to see what Drew can do with Edwards.
A little lower back bend does not equal a good morning. Yes, Javier needs to keep working hard in the weight room to reach his full potential this year, but those are solid, full squat reps.

The proper weightlifting form debate is only rivaled by the recruiting stars debate.

Interested to see where the RB's end up...Losing Lindsay is like losing what 40% of all offensive plays run last year, not to mention his blocking ability, not to mention his heart! Hopefully we can piece something together between McMillian, Evans, Bisharat, and Lee.

Personally excited to see what Lee can do. Saw a couple plays from him a few years ago (Nicholls St. I believe) where he wouldn't go down. Good balance and power for an undersized guy, and PLUS hands as well, he could be our Dark Horse on offense this year.

Lee was our leading rusher a few in 2015, in terms of YPC. He was a full yard per carry better than Lindsey.
He ended up in the doghouse for other stuff, including blocking and off-field stuff and Lindsey ran away with things.

A little lower back bend does not equal a good morning. Yes, Javier needs to keep working hard in the weight room to reach his full potential this year, but those are solid, full squat reps.
Didn't say it wasn't full-rep

Interested to see where the RB's end up...Losing Lindsay is like losing what 40% of all offensive plays run last year, not to mention his blocking ability, not to mention his heart! Hopefully we can piece something together between McMillian, Evans, Bisharat, and Lee.

Personally excited to see what Lee can do. Saw a couple plays from him a few years ago (Nicholls St. I believe) where he wouldn't go down. Good balance and power for an undersized guy, and PLUS hands as well, he could be our Dark Horse on offense this year.

I have always liked Lee and if we were an NFL Team, he would have stayed in a lead role if we did not care about the "other" things (not sure what those other things always have been), but seems like he was always sticking his head in and out of the doghouse, even when he would show well. I think that a combination of McMillian, Lee, and Fontenot will be leading the group. I love Evans heart, and I have just not seen it from Bish ever, but I hope he can change my mind!

I didn't see one squat that was parallel. He'd have been red lighted if competing .
1/4 squats...but it’s football offseason. Doesn’t have the mobility. There’s your prob with him. HS and JC strength programs.

He'd do better to move the bar lower down his back instead of close to his neck. Would allow him to straighten somewhat and involve his hips more.

Back