What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 MBB Transfer Thread

He seemed to be playing pretty well before he got sick. That has got to be real hard to come back and get back to 100% in the middle of the season. I think he will be fine next year if he can stay healthy. We will really need him.

He seemed to be playing pretty well before he got sick. That has got to be real hard to come back and get back to 100% in the middle of the season. I think he will be fine next year if he can stay healthy. We will really need him.
Who?

Akinjo and Wright as our guards would be the most fun CU backcourt in a looooooonng time.

This was interesting, as reported in the Daily Camera:
"Boyle still has been unable to completely rule out any other roster defections this spring. He expects that part of the equation to be resolved this upcoming week after the players return from visits with their respective families."

I have nothing to say to that.

This was interesting, as reported in the Daily Camera:
"Boyle still has been unable to completely rule out any other roster defections this spring. He expects that part of the equation to be resolved this upcoming week after the players return from visits with their respective families."

I have nothing to say to that.
That is an interesting quote. I can only think of one person where this would be a good thing for the Buffs. AS if I need to say more.

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...-boyle-exploring-all-options-open-scholarship

“When I talk about the mission of this university and the values of this university and what this university stands for, that's not it. If he's a legitimate student who really wants to get a graduate degree and wants to play basketball, absolutely we're going to look at him. But a lot of these graduate transfers really have no interest in graduate school, and you're renting a player for six months in the guise of getting a graduate degree. That's not what we're about."

Meanwhile Tad decides to use his final scholarship on a euro player with offers from Arkansas State and Loyal Marymount.

Small potatoes attitude equals small potatoes results.

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...-boyle-exploring-all-options-open-scholarship

“When I talk about the mission of this university and the values of this university and what this university stands for, that's not it. If he's a legitimate student who really wants to get a graduate degree and wants to play basketball, absolutely we're going to look at him. But a lot of these graduate transfers really have no interest in graduate school, and you're renting a player for six months in the guise of getting a graduate degree. That's not what we're about."

Meanwhile Tad decides to use his final scholarship on a euro player with offers from Arkansas State and Loyal Marymount.

You should go over to the Michigan board and tell them how lame it is that they signed a Euro named Moritz Wagner despite him having no other offers.

You should go over to the Michigan board and tell them how lame it is that they signed a Euro named Moritz Wagner despite him having no other offers.

Under the radar recruits turning into good players is more of an anomaly then a norm. And I know you know that so I’m not sure why you choose to go down that rabbit hole.

Regardless my biggest issue is with his quote about basically not wanting grad transfers because he doesn’t think they’re focused on academics. To shun most of these players and likely sacrifice wins in the process because someone may not be passionate about a graduate degree just seems ridiculous. To repeat...small potatoes attitude equals small potatoes results.

Lets say hypothetically Travon Mcmillian isin’t actually interested in CU’s graduate programs. But he wants to come here and he’s going to solidify the RB position and help win games. Is anyone really offended by this?

Jon Wilner had a blurb about Arizona vs Villanova.
Villanova is on the brink of its second championship in three years; Arizona has been bounced from the NCAAs by double-digit seeds in back-to-back-to-back tournaments.
(Two of those losses to double-digit seeds were by double-digit points, by the way.)
But based on the level of raw talent acquired and forwarded on (to the NBA) by the programs, you might expect the March results to be reversed:

National ranking of Arizona’s 2013-2017 recruiting classes (per 247sports):
11th
3rd
3rd
9th
3rd
National ranking of Villanova’s 2013-2017 recruiting classes:
36th
48th
29th
45th
28th
Number of Arizona first-round picks 2013-2018 (including Deandre Ayton):
Six.
Number of Villanova first-round picks 2013-2018 (including Mikal Bridges):
Two.

Under the radar recruits turning into good players is more of an anomaly then a norm. And I know you know that so I’m not sure why you choose to go down that rabbit hole.

Regardless my biggest issue is with his quote about basically not wanting grad transfers because he doesn’t think they’re focused on academics. To shun most of these players and likely sacrifice wins in the process because someone may not be passionate about a graduate degree just seems ridiculous. To repeat...small potatoes attitude equals small potatoes results.

Lets say hypothetically Travon Mcmillian isin’t actually interested in CU’s graduate programs. But he wants to come here and he’s going to solidify the RB position and help win games. Is anyone really offended by this?
im offended by everything you post...its utter ****... every time

Anecdotal...yet I find myself agreeing with the basis of your point, per usual. Is it bad that Buffnik has become the default voice in my head within these forums...?

Anecdotal...yet I find myself agreeing with the basis of your point, per usual. Is it bad that Buffnik has become the default voice in my head within these forums...?
I felt like that a number of years ago when I first joined the boards. Then I realized he is just as much of a dumb ass as the rest of us - with a twinge of better written communication skills (or a dumptruck or two full).

The real point here is that CU's got to hope to hit the jackpot by taking some risks with guys like this where you project an athletic 6'10" Euro. We're not a program that doesn't need to take those types of risks. Even Michigan isn't and they've been among the best for years now (at least for having teams that make runs fairly often). This is like how Gonzaga built its program by finding skilled bigs from outside the US.

P.S. On the grad transfers, I think that a large part of Tad's comments was about spinning a negative into a positive instead of attacking CU's grad school admissions in the media. I'm sure it's a point of frustration for him. But I also think he's sincere about program culture and not being into being a rent-a-player type program, so it would have to be a grad transfer who was legitimately going to be a student athlete to the same degree as the rest of his roster.

The real point here is that CU's got to hope to hit the jackpot by taking some risks with guys like this where you project an athletic 6'10" Euro. We're not a program that doesn't need to take those types of risks. Even Michigan isn't and they've been among the best for years now (at least for having teams that make runs fairly often). This is like how Gonzaga built its program by finding skilled bigs from outside the US.

P.S. On the grad transfers, I think that a large part of Tad's comments was about spinning a negative into a positive instead of attacking CU's grad school admissions in the media. I'm sure it's a point of frustration for him. But I also think he's sincere about program culture and not being into being a rent-a-player type program, so it would have to be a grad transfer who was legitimately going to be a student athlete to the same degree as the rest of his roster.

Buffnik stikes again by taking my compliment in stride and making another strong point with exquisite linguistic panache. Not sure if this guy is allbuffs jesus or if I am just too many beers deep in a karaoke bar in Portugal.

P.S. check out Ronaldo's goal in the champs league game from today...

Last edited:

I interpret Tad's statement as another opportunity to set a tone...we want players who are committed to their academics and the University; yielding a team first player who can come in mature and influential toward team success. Although Carlon Brown and Derrick White were not Grad Transfers, the leadership these two contributed in their year at Colorado is what Tad is looking for in a Grad Transfer.

Buffnik stikes again by taking my compliment in stride and making another strong point with exquisite linguistic panache. Not sure if this guy is allbuffs jesus or if I am just too many beers deep in a karaoke bar in Portugal.

P.S. check out Ronaldo's goal in the champs league game from today...
Wishing I aas Wiscobuff right now!

Buffnik is a Bot that broke away from Putin and just does and says the right thing.

Back