What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 MBB Transfer Thread

Daum is a complete stud. He'd be a POY candidate in the Pac 12. Thus, we can't get him. CU fans, by rule, cannot receive nice things.

You never know, maybe he'd like it here. Played in our arena almost exactly 3 months ago to the day, 37 pts / 12 rebounds/ 1 block in an overtime loss to the Buffs. McKinley Wright came up one rebound short of a triple-double, with 30 pts/11 assists/9 boards/1 blk/2 steals. Toss up between those two guys as to who the best player on the court was that game...our guy of course, but just barely.

You never know, maybe he'd like it here. Played in our arena almost exactly 3 months ago to the day, 37 pts / 12 rebounds/ 1 block in an overtime loss to the Buffs. McKinley Wright came up one rebound short of a triple-double, with 30 pts/11 assists/9 boards/1 blk/2 steals. Toss up between those two guys as to who the best player on the court was that game...our guy of course, but just barely.

I'd love him here.......and amazing that NBADraft.net doesn't have him getting drafted at all...........

South Dakota State has a grad transfer eligible forward, a 6'9" 250 lb'er, Mike Daum. He's from Western Nebraska, Kimball. Legit NBA prospect.

Daum is absolutely awesome. If he’s looking to be a grad transfer, then I can’t say yes enough to him. Terriffic player.

South Dakota State has a grad transfer eligible forward, a 6'9" 250 lb'er, Mike Daum. He's from Western Nebraska, Kimball. Legit NBA prospect.
Is this the guy who ate CU alive earlier this year???? If so...yes please

Last edited:
could someone direct me to the thread where allbuffs fans are saying their goodbyes and thank-yous to Tory? kids love to check social media and he might want to see what kind of send off he got

I'd love him here.......and amazing that NBADraft.net doesn't have him getting drafted at all...........

Man, NBADraft.net is a rough site. I'd go with the DraftExpress crew that is at ESPN now. That said, I don't see him on their lists either which is surprising.

Man, NBADraft.net is a rough site. I'd go with the DraftExpress crew that is at ESPN now. That said, I don't see him on their lists either which is surprising.

This is a make or break weekend for a kid like him-I don't think an extra year where he's playing against power 5 competition would hurt him. If he wants to do the grad transfer thing, Tad should jump on it.

If we got Daum, I would probably have a gigantic orgasm simply from hearing the news.

In case anyone was wondering if Daum could hold up against a Power 7 team: he's gone for 26 & 6 against tOSU with a couple minutes left.

He's definitely more dangerous from the perimeter than the inside against this athleticism, but he held up very well on the defensive interior.

Just imagine Daum giving the cold shoulder to Miles in Lincoln. I'd love to see CU play the Corn on the hardwood as well.

Eight Pitt players have been granted unconditional release to transfer - eligible immediately.

Jeff Goodman tweet.

They went 0 for the ACC. I hope they enjoy finishing their careers in the Patriot League and the like.

This happens every year during the tourney ... I'm always struck by the number of mid major schools with very little hoops pedigree that somehow land a grad transfer that comes in and crushes it for them. Nevada comes to mind, with Stephens from Purdue.

Why can't we do that? When was the last grad transfer we had? (I know we have Namon, but that was different circumstances.)

This happens every year during the tourney ... I'm always struck by the number of mid major schools with very little hoops pedigree that somehow land a grad transfer that comes in and crushes it for them. Nevada comes to mind, with Stephens from Purdue.

Why can't we do that? When was the last grad transfer we had? (I know we have Namon, but that was different circumstances.)

Because Nevada is a top 20 team? They have other top transfers like Jordan Caroline (Simeon Rice's son)? Not sure what you're getting at.

Musselman is their coach-that NBA background is a huge asset. Carlon Brown IIRC?

Because Nevada is a top 20 team? They have other top transfers like Jordan Caroline (Simeon Rice's son)? Not sure what you're getting at.
They weren't a top 20 team coming into the season. They made the tourney last year, but it had been years before since they made it ... we've been to the Dance more in recent years than them. My point ... if Nevada (and many other smaller schools than us) can pull in solid grad transfers, why can't we? We sure as hell need a combo guard this cycle.

In case anyone was wondering if Daum could hold up against a Power 7 team: he's gone for 26 & 6 against tOSU with a couple minutes left.

He's definitely more dangerous from the perimeter than the inside against this athleticism, but he held up very well on the defensive interior.

Has anyone seen any news suggesting he may be interested in a move or are we just speculating at this point? Daum would be one of the best grad transfers ever if he goes that route

Jeff Goodman✔@GoodmanESPN
Evansville guard Ryan Taylor told ESPN he will explore other options and possibility of transferring. Led the Missouri Valley in scoring this season at 21.2. Immediately eligible as a grad transfer."
6:28 PM - Mar 15, 2018

Allegedly Indiana & UCLA are already in pursuit.

The stats say to pass on the guy. Scores 21 a game but puts up 18 shots. For a comparison King averaged 13 points on 10 shots. The guy is 6-6 but grabs less than 4 boards a game. I just don't think he is the type of guy to play tadball.

Has anyone seen any news suggesting he may be interested in a move or are we just speculating at this point? Daum would be one of the best grad transfers ever if he goes that route
Speculating? On Allbuffs? Come on, man!

Back