What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Pac-12 Recruiting Thread

The next jump is recruiting is more difficult than the jump already made.

In most circumstances I agree with you. In golf, it is harder to go from a 3 handicap to scratch than it is to go from a 20 to a 5.
I think in CU football’s situation, we just have to show that we can be competitive and we will improve exponentially with a power curve that defies that logic.
Recruits want to come here and with our facilities, Boulder, etc we can be recruiting along side the USC’s of the world very quickly.
I have seen it done before.

In most circumstances I agree with you. In golf, it is harder to go from a 3 handicap to scratch than it is to go from a 20 to a 5.
I think in CU football’s situation, we just have to show that we can be competitive and we will improve exponentially with a power curve that defies that logic.
Recruits want to come here and with our facilities, Boulder, etc we can be recruiting along side the USC’s of the world very quickly.
I have seen it done before.

I think both points are valid.

I'd like to add that Chev has done so much for recruiting at CU. If you look at previous year's classes on 247, the jump the Buffs make after the Chev hire is very note worthy. If he leaves, recruiting is going to take a hit, unless we have the wins to back up the school.

WSU has 4 commits and Utah has 2 right now. To say they have come out of the gates slowly right now would be being kind.

I think both points are valid.

I'd like to add that Chev has done so much for recruiting at CU. If you look at previous year's classes on 247, the jump the Buffs make after the Chev hire is very note worthy. If he leaves, recruiting is going to take a hit, unless we have the wins to back up the school.

Totally agree about Chev. I think he gets a big raise and a promotion before he goes anywhere else. I don’t think RG let’s him go.

WSU has 4 commits and Utah has 2 right now. To say they have come out of the gates slowly right now would be being kind.
Utah did the same thing last year, looked like they were in pretty bad shape after the first signing day and we all thought they did a bad job with the new recruiting schedule and then closed well and ended up with a solid class.

If this team can pull off 8 wins and be competitive in the others, it could become a pivot point in recruiting for the program.
For sure. Right now, CU is being hurt by negative recruiting messages from our competitors. They position 2016 as a fluke and say that signing with CU means never seeing a winning season. A good 2018 does a lot to eliminate that narrative.

Leavitt was a great, aggressive coach but a terrible recruiter. Chiaverini is a great recruiter but the jury’s still out on whether he’s a great coach. So far, some mixed results but time will tell. ShaDon Brown may turn out to be the best recruiter we have.
Brown + Ambrose is a DB recruiting duo I'd put up against any program in the country right now.

Utah did the same thing last year, looked like they were in pretty bad shape after the first signing day and we all thought they did a bad job with the new recruiting schedule and then closed well and ended up with a solid class.
When you brought it up, I remembered those discussions. I didn't think it could be this bad. Sure enough, they only had two commits last year through July. They had an avalanche of commits Oct-Jan - there were even a number of Feb 7th signing day commits that swung their way.

Talk about

Last edited:
When you brought it up, I remembered those discussions. I didn't think it could be this bad. Sure enough, they only had two commits last year through July. They had an avalanche of commits Oct-Jan - there were even a number of Feb 7th signing day commits that swung there way.

Talk about

Utah gets a lot of guys who may qualify a little bit late, coming in from Snow College and the like. They also recruit Poly players heavily and a lot of those guys tend to do visits after their HS season is over, which used to be January after the dead period. I think we'll start seeing more of the Poly guys start taking advantage of the junior year spring OVs so they can sign in December. It makes a lot of sense for them to work it that way, actually, instead of waiting and risking that spots get filled which limits their options.

Utah gets a lot of guys who may qualify a little bit late, coming in from Snow College and the like. They also recruit Poly players heavily and a lot of those guys tend to do visits after their HS season is over, which used to be January after the dead period. I think we'll start seeing more of the Poly guys start taking advantage of the junior year spring OVs so they can sign in December. It makes a lot of sense for them to work it that way, actually, instead of waiting and risking that spots get filled which limits their options.

Their fans don't seem too worried.

https://www.utehub.com/forums/topic/football-recruiting-3/

This will be lightly reported and underappreciated by most, but it is a huge frickin hire by the Ducks.

Beating the lambs and the utes. Very little honor in that. But I must say Allbuffs Forum is Awesome!!!
Thanks to all that make it happen!!!
I think it's better than the two I spend $240 to read and the other one is $40 but has the complete sports package (plus a magazine). I definitely spend more time here.

Where are you seeing that he wants to leave the region? Article posted just says he's dealing with family issues and won't be at UW this year, but specifically says the family "is all Dawgs".
I think I saw that on the 247 board.

Heh.

Kid is crazy athletic. Ran a 4.68 at 6'2"/232 at The Opening last year.

I figured your ears were burning. According to the article, "Kaho, listed at 6-feet-1 and 218 pounds," I can't believe you're making excuses for the (Washington) staff.

Sounds like he's dealing with a lot of family issues, so who knows what he needs right now. Don't want to see him become the next Lynn "You Smoking Crack?" Katoa.

Back