What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Given that we've seen reports that CV19 had less spread in areas where BLM protests were most active, I'm confused as to the comparison people are making between those protests and tailgating.

Given that we've seen reports that CV19 had less spread in areas where BLM protests were most active, I'm confused as to the comparison people are making between those protests and tailgating.

Both tailigating and the massive protests occurred outdoors. If it's safe for thousands to lock arms for several hours a days for weeks while protesting, how is not safe for a few responsible adults to tailgate before and after a football game?

Both tailigating and the massive protests occurred outdoors. If it's safe for thousands to lock arms for several hours a days for weeks while protesting, how is not safe for a few responsible adults to tailgate before and after a football game?

I went to a few protests. I didn't see many, if any, protesters with a BMI of 30+. Also, very few were over 50. What's your guess about the average age and BMI of tailgaters at SEC games? @manhattanbuf can set the over/under for BMI--should be well over 30.

I thought you guys were all about being smart and protecting the vulnerable? Guess that changed.

I went to a few protests. I didn't see many, if any, protesters with a BMI of 30+. Also, very few were over 50. What's your guess about the average age and BMI of tailgaters at SEC games? @manhattanbuf can set the over/under for BMI--should be well over 30.

I thought you guys were all about being smart and protecting the vulnerable? Guess that changed.
The bulk of protests also had folks masked and with a great deal of hand sanitizer. You posted the numbers of transmissions in the COVID-19 thread from protests, but the hypocrite probably didn’t notice.

Many Protestors got tested. Will tailgaters and game attendees?
giphy.gif

I don’t remember anyone suggesting it was safe to protest. In fact, many of those peaceful protesters knew there was a decent chance that a they could get a baton to the back of the head.

What are your thoughts about the differences in motivation and consequence of participating in protests of systematic racial injustice and participating in burgers and beers before a football game?

The bulk of protests also had folks masked and with a great deal of hand sanitizer. You posted the numbers of transmissions in the COVID-19 thread from protests, but the hypocrite probably didn’t notice.

Rudy C, this is crazy talk. Hand sanitizer at protests? Don't you just wear full PPE to protest? Your comments about tailgates are well outside your league, as neither you nor your brother Rudy can attend tailgates for fear hostile fans from the home team taking your basketball shoes yet again. Again, I'm sorry those Hermosa Beach ruffians took both your shoes and lunch money. You should have known better than trying to stop the famous Hermosa Beach triathlon, that did not make you any friends... LOL

Rudy C, this is crazy talk. Hand sanitizer at protests? Don't you just wear full PPE to protest? Your comments about tailgates are well outside your league, as neither you nor your brother Rudy can attend tailgates for fear hostile fans from the home team taking your basketball shoes yet again. Again, I'm sorry those Hermosa Beach ruffians took both your shoes and lunch money. You should have known better than trying to stop the famous Hermosa Beach triathlon, that did not make you any friends... LOL
Yes. People were masked and using hand sanitizer at protests to help keep their hands clean and viral transmissions to a minimum. As it turns out, COVID-19 transmissions in cities where protests were prevalent didn’t see the kind of uptick that some people posited. That has not been the case for other events.

Sorry to disrupt the thread, but I have a question. If there’s no fall or spring season, what happens to the fifth year seniors? Do they just lose their last year of eligibility, or are they somehow rolled over to next year (providing there’s not some cataclysmic news event)? And if they stay on, how does that work with the 85 scholarship spread over six classes instead of five in foosball, and whatever similar issue in other sports?

Sorry to disrupt the thread, but I have a question. If there’s no fall or spring season, what happens to the fifth year seniors? Do they just lose their last year of eligibility, or are they somehow rolled over to next year (providing there’s not some cataclysmic news event)? And if they stay on, how does that work with the 85 scholarship spread over six classes instead of five in foosball, and whatever similar issue in other sports?
No need to apologize when you are steering the thread back towards football.

They get another year of eligibility. The added scholarship question is TBD. My thought is that more talent will be spread across the FBS.

I assumed something like that until I saw Howell’s BDC article about Noyer. The second paragraph makes it sound like if he, as a fifth year senior, doesn’t play this spring, he’s done. It’s going to be a cluster, no matter what.

I thought they’d already said that an extra year of eligibility would be granted. My thought is that there would be more players going where there’s room for them.
How does that math possibly work? Seems like it relies on a bunch of people to forgo a year.

I thought they’d already said that an extra year of eligibility would be granted. My thought is that there would be more players going where there’s room for them.
The alternative would be the NCAA increasing scholarship limits, which would just help the rich get richer. I really hope you're correct and all this results in more parity across FBS.

How does that math possibly work? Seems like it relies on a bunch of people to forgo a year.
Some people will want to move on. I really think it’ll make lower levels more competitive since marginal high school players won’t get to play at the FBS level.

I thought it was just explaining reality to doubters.
Reality is protesting was not a good idea for spreading covid. Tailgating is also not a good idea. Both can be true. People make excuses for what they believe politically.

That is big-time assumption by you, but even if so,what if it works great for FSU?

No one on the left was worried about COVID spreading when hundred of thousand of BLM protestors/rioters locked arms for 12 hrs a day
But were the protestors getting **** faced while dining on beer and brats?!!

Reality is protesting was not a good idea for spreading covid. Tailgating is also not a good idea. Both can be true. People make excuses for what they believe politically.
Except the actual reality is they evidently did it safely.

Every Big Ten athletic director wanted a fall 2020 college football season, Nebraska's Bill Moos told Sam McKewon of the Omaha World Herald. In a column published Saturday by McKewon, Moos said that he and several of his fellow athletic directors — Ohio State's Gene Smith, Penn State's Sandy Barbour and Michigan's Warde Manuel — pushed hardest for the fall while Big Ten commissioner Kevin Warren reportedly preferred this spring.

Ms. Barbour, I know a conference that's still planning to play!

247 link

Back