What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp Thread

One thing I like about this Spring Practice Season is the lack of national online haters posting "they're so small" [often typed as "there" or "their"] in reference to Buffs players.

I'm confused. I thought you were supposed to get hit at the line when running the ball?
I can see where that would confuse you, given our past decade or so of running game. Now I may be the old man yelling at clouds, but I recall a day when the running backs coach would compliment the O line by thanking them for a “tuxedo run” for the tailback/fullback/QB.

Some notable highlights:

- Steve Mariucci and Mark Schlereth addressed the team before the scrimmage. Mariucci also asked to break the team down before the scrimmage and you can tell how much he misses coaching. Coach Prime joked that we might be bringing him in from the portal.

- Omarion Miller is a beast. Had a couple really incredible catches over defenders and then scored a screen around the goal line where he was simply too big and moved too well to stop.

- Noticed Gant made a few plays which was a welcome sight. Also have seen Cokes absolutely blow up a few plays in ways I didn’t notice as much last year. Feels more comfortable in this system maybe or just has more help on the DL to be more disruptive. Okunlola is BIG. I figured I was watching Wiggins the whole time but it was Okunlola.

Some notable highlights:

- Steve Mariucci and Mark Schlereth addressed the team before the scrimmage. Mariucci also asked to break the team down before the scrimmage and you can tell how much he misses coaching. Coach Prime joked that we might be bringing him in from the portal.

- Omarion Miller is a beast. Had a couple really incredible catches over defenders and then scored a screen around the goal line where he was simply too big and moved too well to stop.

- Noticed Gant made a few plays which was a welcome sight. Also have seen Cokes absolutely blow up a few plays in ways I didn’t notice as much last year. Feels more comfortable in this system maybe or just has more help on the DL to be more disruptive. Okunlola is BIG. I figured I was watching Wiggins the whole time but it was Okunlola.

I’ve said it and I’ll keep saying it. I think that Cokes can be a day 2 draft guy when he’s playing the right position and not having to to run as an undersized 1 tech

Charlie Freaking Offerdahl better have a scholarship by Monday!
This is almost laughable at this point
Give the man a scholly, unless he just does not want one
He is a Buff through and through
I would expect them to see how the Spring transfer portal shakes out first. I think the days of handing out scholarships to walk ons with multiple years of eligibility left who aren’t going to crack the three deep are mostly over or are going to be few and far between.

I would expect them to see how the Spring transfer portal shakes out first. I think the days of handing out scholarships to walk ons with multiple years of eligibility left who aren’t going to crack the three deep are mostly over or are going to be few and far between.
DNVR crew seem to be prepping Buff fans for the quality/quantity of current Buffs that will be in the portal after spring practice. Should be interesting. Spring portal is going to be wild.

What if Charlie plans to walk away to another team? I know Prime and everyone understands what is best, but he makes our #1 defense look shaky. He is top 4 and a true Buff that inspires the team. Today would have been a great day to hand out the Scholly

What if Charlie plans to walk away to another team? I know Prime and everyone understands what is best, but he makes our #1 defense look shaky. He is top 4 and a true Buff that inspires the team. Today would have been a great day to hand out the Scholly
He’s not seeing the field before McCaskill, Edwards, Wilkerson or Welch, so he’s 5th string at best. Tying up scholarships for multiple years with feel good stories is unlikely. If there’s a scholarship available toward the end of Fall camp, maybe he gets one, but fearing Charlie Offerdahl going to the portal is laughable

Two things about Sapp so far from all the videos: a) he has a TON of energy for coaching. Seriously like an endless supply of energy. And b) even through all the energy he explains things coherently where you can tell players understand what he expects/wants from them.

Whenever I see high energy coaches in tweets around the country, they always seem to lack b lol.

Two things about Sapp so far from all the videos: a) he has a TON of energy for coaching. Seriously like an endless supply of energy. And b) even through all the energy he explains things coherently where you can tell players understand what he expects/wants from them.

Whenever I see high energy coaches in tweets around the country, they always seem to lack b lol.

Yeah I have been very pleasantly surprised with what I’ve seen on the videos. I think most casuals roll their eyes at the idea of Sapp as a coach but he’s clearly built for it

Back