What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Spring Camp Thread

Watching the newest practice videos and two things are consistently apparent:
1) We need at least 2 new legit offensive linemen. Our 2s and 3s are a bit worrisome.
2) We need at least 3 new legit LBs. My god, our current group is baaad. In one video, showing maybe eight 1st string defensive plays our LBs were either out of position, getting worked by second stringers, or both, in more than half of them.

I don't think it can be stressed strongly enough how much this season will hinge on those two groups. Everything else is solid as hell.

Last edited:
I've never heard of Mat Kearney (surprise) but he's a Eugene native. Somewhat (a little bit ?) like having Big Head Todd do an apres-Buff game concert. All meaningless bull**** at the end of the day. Dan Lanning must look high and low for famous Oregon types.
3OH3! would be better.

I have a lot of confidence in this secondary. If we can stop run enough that anything 3rd & 4+ is a definite passing down and we're able to pressure the QB when rushing 4, it's going to be damn difficult for an offense to be efficient in the passing game or avoid interceptions against us.
Does that take crossing routes into consideration?

Watching the newest practice videos and two things are consistently apparent:
1) We need at least 2 new legit offensive linemen. Our 2s and 3s are a bit worrisome.
2) We need at least 3 new legit LBs. My god, our current group is baaad. In one video, showing maybe eight 1st string defensive plays our LBs were either out of position, getting worked by second stringers, or both, in more than half of them.

I don't think it can be stressed strongly enough how much this season will hinge on those two groups. Everything else is solid as hell.
Tyler Johnson getting healthy will help. But yes, need OL even more now. But who do we attract to basically sit the bench?

Woods still looks like a safety in the video. No way that’s a legitimate option

Definitely a lot of talk about a more balanced offense finally. Hoping it’s unmistakeable at the spring game. Last year’s spring game kinda left us going “where are the TEs??”

Also very obvious but McCaskill is a big, big RB. He’s shown some patience and agility in the practice clips. Hoping he gets a handful of carries in the spring game.

Definitely a lot of talk about a more balanced offense finally. Hoping it’s unmistakeable at the spring game. Last year’s spring game kinda left us going “where are the TEs??”

Also very obvious but McCaskill is a big, big RB. He’s shown some patience and agility in the practice clips. Hoping he gets a handful of carries in the spring game.

Looks like he’d be a sick LB.

Two things about Sapp so far from all the videos: a) he has a TON of energy for coaching. Seriously like an endless supply of energy. And b) even through all the energy he explains things coherently where you can tell players understand what he expects/wants from them.

Whenever I see high energy coaches in tweets around the country, they always seem to lack b lol.

He has already exceeded my expectations from a coaching standpoint

I am always extremely impressed when a college athlete is able to get a 4.0

The time commitment and dedication (unless you're just so naturally gifted that you can skate a 4.0 without studying) to get that GPA, on top of being essentially a full time employee for their sport, is incredible.
Some people perform better when they're too busy to get distracted, too. I do better at everything when I don't have much free time.

I am always extremely impressed when a college athlete is able to get a 4.0

The time commitment and dedication (unless you're just so naturally gifted that you can skate a 4.0 without studying) to get that GPA, on top of being essentially a full time employee for their sport, is incredible.
Joshka Gustav is still within the program?!

Who is TE starter?

Hart
Smalls
Pearson (I think more an H-Back)
Whoever we grab in the portal...

I'm sort of relieved Metayer is gone. Not great news, but if he was not going working out, then why have distraction through the season? He would just jump the portal December portal.. That is two years in a row we busted on TE transfers. I wouldn't call Antonio a bust, but he was more of a slot receiver than TE.

I know we still have to go off the various rating services but given the sheer volume of players (HS + TP), I don't think that they are terribly accurate in their evaluation. Last year's TP bust Traore is not even on a roster, nor is Yousef Mugharbil that 4* from Florida who briefly had a cup of coffee with the team last Spring. IMO, some guys do not want to work, which has been a problem going back pre-portal years.

CM is top-10 available, but as of today he is still a 175 pound cb soaking wet--might plug and play at USF or a smaller school, not a .9200. Then there is the question of whether he wants to work for it.

Last edited:
Back