What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

To expand on the quality of the players currently in the portal…247 rates MLC as the #5 best uncommitted transfer in the country and every on here is like…good player but we’ll add someone else who’s just as good. Tyson is rated #4 and he’s probably not even playing next season. Chance Main and Rodman who certainly didn’t look like P5 starters last year are rated #35 and #38.

The portal is slim pickings. I don’t see the point of running guys off only to replace them with low-end starters from FCS Maine (two of the recent offers).
The level of how misinformed you are is scary.

You are going to be surprised at what some dudes look like. Don't care if they are from Maine or Dartmouth. But you will see more guys hitting the radar this week.

To expand on the quality of the players currently in the portal…247 rates MLC as the #5 best uncommitted transfer in the country and every on here is like…good player but we’ll add someone else who’s just as good. Tyson is rated #4 and he’s probably not even playing next season. Chance Main and Rodman who certainly didn’t look like P5 starters last year are rated #35 and #38.

The portal is slim pickings. I don’t see the point of running guys off only to replace them with low-end starters from FCS Maine (two of the recent offers).
You sound like the guy who questioned "Travis Hunter's grey outfit" on Howell's chat today.

What in god's name are you blathering on about?

Here's the portal rankings.

Aubrey Smith and Tyson are the only significant transfers IMO and they are already being recruited over. This indicates to me that they could be a number of things: 1. Are not dogs 2. Buried on the depth chart 3. Uncommitted to hard work.

Prime wants guys that see the opportunity that CU is providing, understand the exposure that Prime Time demands and are willing to work to be winners like Offerdahl.

Good luck to all the former BUFFS, the portal depth will grow. CU isn't the only team losing players after their spring game.

This, all day.

Yes, we all know we have to shed 90% of last year's roster, but I really hope this next week we add at least 2-3 guys that have some "wow" factor to make this whole process feel a little better. Where the hell are we getting 3-4 quality DLs? We know we're not getting any former starters from P5 schools. That's a given. But are there even any 2nd stringers from good programs still looking for a team? Seems highly unlikely. And frankly, adding guys from Kent State and Arkansas State and Jackson State doesn't exactly fire me up.
Before you automatically dismiss players from G5 or even FCS schools take a look at NFL rosters and see the number of players making paychecks who came from those level schools.

This in no way says that most of the players from those schools are P5 level players. The great majority of NFL players come from top P5 schools but enough players come from the smaller schools to show that talent can be found there.

It is also worth looking to see where most of the players who have transferred out of CU in the last couple years have ended up. Yup, that would be G5 or FCS. Hard to argue that the majority of players we are losing are better that the better players from those schools who are going to the transfer portal looking to prove they belong at a higher level.

We have lost a bunch of guys who couldn't get on the field for a 1-11 team.

I would rather have our depth be a bunch of guys who were G5 starters who want to prove they can play at P5 instead of a bunch of guys who were happy to be backups for a team starting G5 talent.

Of course the guys coming in on the portal want to start. We don't want guys who don't want to compete at the highest level.

We have seen far to much of what the "I've always wanted to be a Buff" as well as enough of the bring em in because they are a Colorado kid or other excuses.

If some of the transfers in leave again because they don't get to start then we just replace them again, and again with guys who belong on a P5 team.
Don’t forget, part of the plan is to slowly reduce transfers and increase high school recruits. At least that’s what he’s mentioned.

Don’t forget, part of the plan is to slowly reduce transfers and increase high school recruits. At least that’s what he’s mentioned.
That is what he has talked about but I still expect him to be very active in the portal next year and compared to some other program in the extended future.

College football is changing and Prime isn't just changing with it he is driving the change.

That is what he has talked about but I still expect him to be very active in the portal next year and compared to some other program in the extended future.

College football is changing and Prime isn't just changing with it he is driving the change.
Correct.

I’m surprised at the lack of OL transferring out, at least so far
I imagine because of the lack of available talent, there is a slightly different approach. Perhaps a longer leash and more leniency when it comes to development and team building. Losing Roddick sucked. Maybe the coaches see something in the OL that is salvageable.

Back