What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

from a keeler column in the DP - for subscribers only;

"I couldn’t have stayed (at CU),” Page, the former Buffs and Fairview wide receiver told me Monday. “I really wanted to. They said it was just best for me to leave.”

They?

“It was my position coach,” Page replied.

John Tyson would call it something, all right. But it’s not something we can print.

“My thoughts on Deion wouldn’t be good, so I’m not going to say anything,” the elder Tyson, father of former freshman Buffs wideout Jordyn Tyson, another Monday portal entry, told me by phone.
I’d pay to see CP go to town on keeler next meeting. That moron and his stupid 2 part questions

"I couldn’t have stayed (at CU),” Page, the former Buffs and Fairview wide receiver told me Monday. “I really wanted to. They said it was just best for me to leave.”

They?

John Tyson would call it something, all right. But it’s not something we can print.

“My thoughts on Deion wouldn’t be good, so I’m not going to say anything,” the elder Tyson, father of former freshman Buffs wideout Jordyn Tyson, another Monday portal entry, told me by phone.
Yet it's perfectly fine for John Tyson's other son to hit the portal every year as long as it's his decision.

Every parent on the planet thinks their kid is the best thing since sliced bread.

bread GIF

I think we are in for a team with a grit and spirit this university hasn't seen for a long time.

University Of Colorado GIF by CUBoulder

Last edited:

They?

Thanks for the article/info.

Look, this was a much needed overhaul, as the last 20 years have been pretty ****ing abysmal. As a program that desperately needs to become relevant once again to keep up with the changing climate of college sports, I’d say this seems very needed.

I welcome the chaos, and am glad that Coach Prime is here to cut the crust off this **** sandwich that the program has become.

Either get on board, or get left behind.

Sowell’s dad who appears to be a baseball coach, handled it the best of the parents who have said anything.

his kid worked really ****ing hard; he competed; he was given an opportunity. He wasn’t good enough to earn a spot. Anyone who has been that guy knows it hurts but being able to recognize one’s own limitations is an important part of life.

i get why Tyson’s dad might be bent— kid balled out, got hurt, is still mending, and never had a chance to show the new staff what he could do. That is a harder pill to swallow for anyone. This staff took a very nfl style approach to that… can he help us now? If not, is his upside so much better than everyone else we can get here that we hold a spot for him? I would be bent too if that were my kid, but they told everyone what they were going to do when they got here.

When you are on a team that goes 1-11, and the coach gets fired, you are delusional to think you have a spot on the team the following year. Prime was hired to do EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS DONE. I’m sorry if that’s a problem for some folks. The program had fallen too far.

When you are on a team that goes 1-11, and the coach gets fired, you are delusional to think you have a spot on the team the following year. Prime was hired to do EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS DONE. I’m sorry if that’s a problem for some folks. The program had fallen too far.
Not only was he hired to do this, he has said publicly this is what he’s going to do multiple times.

Ok enough on these old washed players and onto an intriguing prospect who just hit portal. Sals son is QB coach at JMU

Watched a lot of JMU and ODU ball out here in Tidewater as youngest goes to JMU and we have ODU season tix.

I hope we get this guy! Absolute terror on the DL and offensive backfield to the QB. He single handedly destroyed ODU and Georgia State when I saw JMU live this past season.

Watched a lot of JMU and ODU ball out here in Tidewater as youngest goes to JMU and we have ODU season tix.

I hope we get this guy! Absolute terror on the DL and offensive backfield to the QB. He single handedly destroyed ODU and Georgia State when I saw JMU live this past season.
Staff is on the prowl. Chandler Dorrell and Darden-box now following

No way that I celebrating all of these guys leaving. To me it’s sad. However, it’s necessary. Bitter sweet with today being all bitter and the sweet on the way.
This is how I feel too. I am an old school guy who feel uncomfortable with treating players like this. BUT, this is what the players wanted in terms of pro-player changes in the sport of college football. You want tansfer portals and NIL and you get this. You can't say "We can leave whenever we want but we get treated as we did before all thes pro-player changes when it comes to what the University owes us." This is the downside of the double-edged sword. CP would say that this is STILL better for the players even if they are being cut. Maybe so, maybe no...but it is what it is.

We will be better with CP's changes than without them. I am absolutely confident about that.

This is how I feel too. I am an old school guy who feel uncomfortable with treating players like this. BUT, this is what the players wanted in terms of pro-player changes in the sport of college football. You want tansfer portals and NIL and you get this. You can't say "We can leave whenever we want but we get treated as we did before all thes pro-player changes when it comes to what the University owes us." This is the downside of the double-edged sword. CP would say that this is STILL better for the players even if they are being cut. Maybe so, maybe no...but it is what it is.

We will be better with CP's changes than without them. I am absolutely confident about that.
Really well said. What is happening at CU is a direct result of the changes the players fought for.

That’s not the right comparison. Would you take them over Horn and Hunter? That’s who they were competing for at top spots
Exactly. Sure, MLC, Tyson, Reed, Aubrey Smith, and maybe one or two others are guys who can play at the P5 level and would be solid depth pieces on the team Prime is building, but none are starters.

We are seeing a "lite" version of what happens with decent players at Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, etc each year who would be great depth pieces, but just aren't going to start so they enter the portal.

Back