What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Very unproductive thus far but I trust sal on this one

the sandlot GIF

Are all these dudes that are transferring for the second time just going to sit for a year or are they all applying for waivers?
And what about the UTEP guy Tyrin Smith? Does he get his free transfer back since he never played?

Are all these dudes that are transferring for the second time just going to sit for a year or are they all applying for waivers?
And what about the UTEP guy Tyrin Smith? Does he get his free transfer back since he never played?
I don't know what's going on with the rules (maybe still within some exception period?) but I think all these guys are immediately eligible.

I don't know what's going on with the rules (maybe still within some exception period?) but I think all these guys are immediately eligible.

I've been wondering that too, how some of these guys transfer more than once and are immediately eligible. Some 2nd-time transfers are grad transfers which I get but I don't think they all are.]

If they didn’t make it to the season, they can transfer free again?!?! Dunno.

Local play by play guy for Utah said buffs haven’t gotten better on the radio recently. I think just changing out guys that had learned in a losing culture makes them better. Getting mad and playing gritty rather than acquiescing to adversity is a hard thing to coach through. That said, culture matters. Coaching so many new mercenaries into a team is going to be a hard task. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does it.
The corner play in the spring game was something that has to be addressed or they are going to have to put up 40 every week.

Local play by play guy for Utah said buffs haven’t gotten better on the radio recently. I think just changing out guys that had learned in a losing culture makes them better. Getting mad and playing gritty rather than acquiescing to adversity is a hard thing to coach through. That said, culture matters. Coaching so many new mercenaries into a team is going to be a hard task. I’m looking forward to seeing how he does it.
The corner play in the spring game was something that has to be addressed or they are going to have to put up 40 every week.
Help is on the way

Interesting post. CU will win at least 4 games next year and maybe 1 or stretch 2 more. But yes, if 35-45 guys on the roster are beginning each game obsessing about PT and making an NFL combine tape, it’s could be shaky. We want to be a CU football team, not an XFL club.

Our 2022 QB1 completed 44% of his passes for a 6 yard average with 7 TDs and 8 INTs.

We didn't have a RB go over 400 yards.

We didn't have a WR catch 25 passes.

We had the worst defense in the country.

But we're worse because we didn't maintain continuity to that?

(Calmly reminding myself that half the population has a sub-100 IQ and a good chunk of the rest are poorly educated, mentally ill or broken/fvcked up in some way. Must have patience with others. Serenity now. Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!!!)

This is funny. There's a strong narrative from the media and even some CU fans that the mass transfers out have created major depth issues, yet when two SEC and B1G players who have played in actual games are being discussed as targets, we have people wondering if they are quality takes.

The question isn't whether Walker or Ashford are good enough to start, but rather are they better than Devin Grant and Josh Wiggins.

That's why this narrative that this exodus is anything but amazing for CU is insanely stupid. I'd be willing to bet that if we compared the incoming vs outgoing players when it's all said and done that 90-95% of incoming would be viewed as upgrades over their outgoing counterparts.
Except for maybe the kicker.

Our 2022 QB1 completed 44% of his passes for a 6 yard average with 7 TDs and 8 INTs.

We didn't have a RB go over 400 yards.

We didn't have a WR catch 25 passes.

We had the worst defense in the country.

But we're worse because we didn't maintain continuity to that?

(Calmly reminding myself that half the population has a sub-100 IQ and a good chunk of the rest are poorly educated, mentally ill or broken/fvcked up in some way. Must have patience with others. Serenity now. Serenity now. SERENITY NOW!!!)
When the roster is set, it's very likely that we will be better at every single position. Markedly so in many cases. It kind of boggles the mind.

Except maybe kicker.

(And I bet I could guess most of the sub-100 posters here, but I won't name names. :ROFLMAO: )

When the roster is set, it's very likely that we will be better at every single position. Markedly so in many cases. It kind of boggles the mind.

Except maybe kicker.

(And I bet I could guess most of the sub-100 posters here, but I won't name names. :ROFLMAO: )
Even if we weren't better at some positions (and we will be better at almost all) we will be replacing losing attitudes and losing culture for an expectation and standard of winning.

The fix that needed to be done was not just talent.

Even if we weren't better at some positions (and we will be better at almost all) we will be replacing losing attitudes and losing culture for an expectation and standard of winning.

The fix that needed to be done was not just talent.
I take exception to "almost all" because I can't think of a single position where I'm worried about the talent we lost from last year's team.

I take exception to "almost all" because I can't think of a single position where I'm worried about the talent we lost from last year's team.
Tend to think it will be all positions but won't make absolute statements until we see it.

Again though the real difference will be in the mental/emotional aspect of the game.

Last years team knew they were going to lose before the game even started, they gave themselves no chance.

Primes teams will go into every game expecting to do what is necessary to win and expecting to win, or he will replace them with guys that do.

I don’t know…from the sounds of it, it seems like last year’s pizza party coordinator will be pretty tough to replace!

I don't expect miracles. Gelling the team will definitely be hard.

But Prime has very specific attitudes he is looking for (dawgs). That will help at least, because he knows exactly the culture he is going for.

Back