Lovering is the best Center we could ever hope for on this team the next 2 seasons?
I don’t know why I’m going to put this much effort into this response when you haven’t listened to anyone else for the past few weeks about how wrong you are. But here goes. Yes, he’s just about the best we are capable of getting.
According to 247, Lovering was the 10th best center in his recruiting class and 64th overall prospect. The 9 centers ahead of him were:
1. Chet Holmgren - best recruit overall, 1 and done at Gonzaga, #2 draft pick, unattainable for CU. Also skinny and weak, something you can’t comprehend as being a starter at Center.
2. Jalen Duren - 1 and done at Memphis, #12 draft pick, unattainable for CU
3. Efton Reid - LSU then transfer to Gonzaga, likely would never consider CU, but also playing less than 5 min/game this season.
4. Nathan Bittle - Oregon. Averages 6ppg in under 20 minutes. Not really an upgrade.
5. Enoch Boakye - ASU. Barely plays, not really an upgrade.
6. Charles Bediako - Bama. 5ppg in 21 min. Not really an upgrade.
7. Jonas Aidoo - Tennessee. 4ppg in 17 min. Not really an upgrade.
8. Kaden Perry - Gonzaga. Hasn’t played this season. Not really an upgrade.
9. Samson Johnson - UCONN. Only played 1 game so far this year. Not really an upgrade.
Your idea of a better center is basically a myth. There aren’t many really good ones out there to begin with. The ones that are, go to proven programs for one/done years. The others, including Lovering, usually need at least a couple years to develop. So no, we can’t just go recruit a center who will immediately be better. Can you shut the **** up about it now?