What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After 3 hours of sleep

In Sefo's defense, he was under pressure all night. You could see how pissed he was every time a blocker blew an assignment and a pass rusher blew through the line.

There is no defense for Sefo at this point.

In Sefo's defense, he was under pressure all night. You could see how pissed he was every time a blocker blew an assignment and a pass rusher blew through the line.
In defense of the o-line, Sefo has terrible instincts and no pocket awareness.

The only good news about last nights game was needing to leave the house at 6:30 am to get a kid to school and go to work eliminated any chance I had to drink heavily. While watching the game sober sucked, not having a pounding headache and angry liver is helping overcome the lack of sleep. CU has been so bad for so long I don't even need to be drunk to watch anymore.

Hey, I was looking for something nice to say. I was really disappointed in him.

Sefo is 4-17 as a starter. He is not a winner, enough said! CU wins and wins big with Montez zipping the pigskin last night.

Hey, I was looking for something nice to say. I was really disappointed in him.

I was tired of him being treated with kid gloves last year and laid a turf in the opener this year. This is the guy MacIntyre is basically staking his coaching career at CU on. Yikes.

Sefo is 4-17 as a starter. He is not a winner, enough said! CU wins and wins big with Montez zipping the pigskin last night.
What you're having, I'll take one.

Montez gets boat raced last night. And probably next year as well. After that, he might be the answer. Need a juco or grad transfer next year.

I made the mistake of checking the game thread during a few of the timeouts. This forum is such a joke.

I hope none of our players or recruits ever stumble across this site.

THIS has been my ding on Liufao forever. So whomever says running quarterbacks don't make a difference in college, fine. But the QB has to at least be aggressive enough to get the needed yardage.
Self's running was the least of our concerns last night. He was actually smart and got down in the first half before taking huge hits. As the game went on, he started to go for more yardage (up until the final drive).

I made the mistake of checking the game thread during a few of the timeouts. This forum is such a joke.

Let me guess, you had this one down as a loss before the game?

Yeah, I'm with you, their delicate sensibilities couldn't take it. We should mail them some participation ribbons and a care package for trying so hard last night.

I wish somebody would teach him how to throw the deep ball, he's flat horrible at it. It's like he doesn't put enough air under it. Fields would have scored easy on that play geez.

I actively hate our QB now too. Best I can tell he's the college equivalent of Jay Cutler. Those moronic INTs are hard to swallow, but it's the apathy that follows which is the part I can't take.
Worst comparison ever.

I completely understand the "I'm done" attitude from 95% of posters here. That was probably the biggest let down I've ever experienced to open up a season (maybe Montana St??), and it's on everybody from the staff, to the Seniors, to the other players, and the officials. Very disheartening.

With that said, I simply cannot emotionally check out of a season after one game. They have 3 more "winnable" games coming up, all in the state of Colorado, and being 3-1 going into P12 play will have everybody tuned back in. Obviously, they need to re group and get better (specifically the OL... That **** was inexcusable), but I will stand by my argument with Mtn and others a while back, that an opening night loss is not a season killer.

I predicted that we'd lose one of our OOC games, so I shouldn't be totally shocked that we did. I just didn't really see it happening quite like that. As nik said last night, I would never have imagined that the offense was going to be the issue.

Sefo is what he is and has been. Regardless of the oline play, he didn't show anything last night to demonstrate that he has any more upside.

I'm not ready to get excited about the defense either. I don't believe that Hawaii is very good.

At this point I'd settle for some pouting over praying. The kid plays like he has no skin in the game.

Basically I'm saying I'd take anyone but Cutler (I'm a Bears fan who lives in Colorado - I've seen more of him than anyone should ever have to).

I completely understand the "I'm done" attitude from 95% of posters here. That was probably the biggest let down I've ever experienced to open up a season (maybe Montana St??), and it's on everybody from the staff, to the Seniors, to the other players, and the officials. Very disheartening.

With that said, I simply cannot emotionally check out of a season after one game. They have 3 more "winnable" games coming up, all in the state of Colorado, and being 3-1 going into P12 play will have everybody tuned back in. Obviously, they need to re group and get better (specifically the OL... That **** was inexcusable), but I will stand by my argument with Mtn and others a while back, that an opening night loss is not a season killer.

Nothing changes for the better until the issue at QB gets fixed.

Hawaii was getting pressure with a 3 man rush, using simple stunts. That is a complete fail on Bernardi to get them ready to understand their blocking assignments. I thought that was the root of the pass pro issue; simply not understanding who has which defender.

Nothing changes for the better until the issue at QB gets fixed.

Well absent the NCAA instating an in-season free agency period or allowing teams to make trades, don't think the QB issue gets fixed this year. Pretty dismal outlook.

We're still very very soft up-front, and until that changes, talks of 4-0 starts, bowl games, conference upsets, etc. are just ridiculous! I went from 4-9 to 3-10 after the debacle in Oahu. That's realistic which I know doesn't go over well here.

Last edited:
The issue at QB will get better once OL play is improved. Pass blocking was absolutely unacceptable last night.

Seriously? You don't think there are real questions about Sefo right now? Come on. Same ****, different game.

Back