What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After 3 hours of sleep

Seriously? You don't think there are real questions about Sefo right now? Come on. Same ****, different game.

There are definitely questions with Sefo. However you can't let 3DL put that kind of pressure on the QB almost every play. He had almost no time to throw for most of the game last night. I didn't say that the OL will solve our QB issues, just said it would improve the QB play.

Well absent the NCAA instating an in-season free agency period or allowing teams to make trades, don't think the QB issue gets fixed this year. Pretty dismal outlook.

Not sure it changes much next year, barring an unforseen transfer. Sefo has not been pushed for the better part of two seasons and it is a real problem.

Sefo hasn't really improved since his Freshman year. He rarely checks down because he is always locked in on his receivers, usually Spruce. We need to run the Shawn Watson offense. Run the damn ball, WR screens and intermediate routes.
Good Lord in heaven, have we sunk so low we are recalling the shortbus days with fondness? This is worse than I thought.

Nothing changes for the better until the issue at QB gets fixed.
I agree that Sefo looked like a Freshman out there. However, it's simply not just a QB issue. It's an OL issue, it's a play calling issue, it's a stop rotating RBs every series and stick with the productive guy issue. It's Shay Fields not being an absolute idiot when fielding a punt, it's senior RB Powell not fumbling when in FG range at the end of half that would have put us up by one. The blame goes around and Sefo shares that burden as much as anyone, but it is not entirely on him.

Average teams win 6 games / year.

Think about that for a moment.

Now put the gun back in the drawer.

Based on how poorly they played/coached, it might be a good thing that Larry Scott doesn't know how to get a deal done with DTV. Don't want potential recruits watching this train wreck.

I believe the deficiencies in our OL play can be fixed, as I see them as a lot of mental errors, rather than lack of talent of physical errors.

I believe the deficiencies in our OL play can be fixed, as I see them as a lot of mental errors, rather than lack of talent of physical errors.
Play improved once they swapped Callahan in at RG. I think the coaches now have a better understanding of who their 1's truly are and hopefully they can lock some **** down this week.

We're talking about getting to average QB play not to being an average team.
A. Three hours of sleep
B. I'm talking about how far away we are from being average, with or without average QB play.

I agree that Sefo looked like a Freshman out there. However, it's simply not just a QB issue. It's an OL issue, it's a play calling issue, it's a stop rotating RBs every series and stick with the productive guy issue. It's Shay Fields not being an absolute idiot when fielding a punt, it's senior RB Powell not fumbling when in FG range at the end of half that would have put us up by one. The blame goes around and Sefo shares that burden as much as anyone, but it is not entirely on him.

Sure. Part of the issue is the coaches do not seem to have a good grasp of the offense they want to run. There is no true commitment to the running game. There is a weird RB rotation because our RBs are the only ones in the country lacking the conditioning to carry it more than a series at a time. But a lot of it comes down to Sefo in the end. This is the guy that has the full backing of the staff and has not been challenged for the starting job in two years. So what does he do well? He has an okay arm, average athleticism, does not seem adept at reading defenses, and is pretty careless with the football. How are the issues we have seen from him his entire career magically going to change anytime soon? That's not even getting into the 2016 season.

A. Three hours of sleep
B. I'm talking about how far away we are from being average, with or without average QB play.
West coast, so I got an extra hour of sleep.
We are far from an average team but even being an average team would be a losing record this year. The Pac12, and especially the South, is too strong to get wins being average.

Play improved once they swapped Callahan in at RG. I think the coaches now have a better understanding of who their 1's truly are and hopefully they can lock some **** down this week.
If that is true, and I am not saying it isn't, doesn't that say more about the OL coaching than it does the OL?

West coast, so I got an extra three hours of sleep.
We are far from an average team but even being an average team would be a losing record this year. The Pac12, and especially the South, is too strong to get wins being average.
FIFY - east coast sucks

Adkins should be starting at RB with Lindsey backing him up.
Powell should be seen next to coach.

WHAT THE HELL WERE WE WORKING ON IN THE SPRING AND FALL?!!!!! I think the coaches spent all their effort on improving the running game thinking our passing game was close to where it needed to be.

Just in. A flu bug hit the entire team before the game and they were all puking there guts out prior to taking the field!

Not really, but that would be about the only news that could come out that would make me feel better.

Callahan and Lynott should start. The guys last night showed me nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Once again I see why they can not get a TE to sign here. They don't even attempt to throw 1 pass to a TE to keep the defense honest.

Glad i didn't go to work today out of embarrassment. 3 day weekend to help soften the blow. Damn this **** gets old. I have raised and lost a dog, raised a young lady from a baby that never seen my Alma mater win consistently.... ****ing sad.

Just get empathy anymore. But on the bright side, our donations are making men rich.

...There is a weird RB rotation because our RBs are the only ones in the country lacking the conditioning to carry it more than a series at a time. ...
The commitment to Powell when other guys were getting it done was mind-boggling. I really thought the offense would stay the same or improve a little and the D would get better and we could win 5. But the huge backward step on O is disheartening, looks like another 2-win, ofer in the PAC season. Where'd tini go?

The only good news about last nights game was needing to leave the house at 6:30 am to get a kid to school and go to work eliminated any chance I had to drink heavily. While watching the game sober sucked, not having a pounding headache and angry liver is helping overcome the lack of sleep. CU has been so bad for so long I don't even need to be drunk to watch anymore.
Trust me, we have an angry Liver.

The commitment to Powell when other guys were getting it done was mind-boggling. I really thought the offense would stay the same or improve a little and the D would get better and we could win 5. But the huge backward step on O is disheartening, looks like another 2-win, ofer in the PAC season. Where'd tini go?
Funny thing on 'Tini. He can only look at evidence in the most optimistic light.

But going in, he said that he thought we would beat Hawaii 70 or 80% of the time. After watching the game last night, I agree. We were horrible, I can't deny that. But somehow, I agree with 'Tini here. I think we win that stupid game 70% of the time.

Back