What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Long time lurker - thought I’d get off the bench and join in the conversations. Cheers to all and Happy New Year. I’m a two time CU grad - ‘88 and ’93.

As this is my first post I’m not allowed to add a link but I saw a tweet from Mike Moschetti (retweeted by Chev) that says:

“Let’s go @CoachChev6 let’s get the BEST players in Southern California to become Buffs”

A couple replies to the tweet seemed to suggest Mike has joined the staff - but I haven’t seen any discussion on this board or any of the usual places.

I’m trying to interpret... any opinions?
Just a tweet of enthusiasm/support from one old friend and teammate to another. Moschetti is coaching at La Mirada again after resigning in 2016, I looked at the replies I think they meant welcome back to La Mirada since he started up again this year.

I'm just bored waiting for the Clemson game to start, so I was looking through some of Coach Tucker's follows. He started following Chad Scott, UNC's former TE coach (coached at Texas Tech after a long NFL run, young) and Kentucky's OLB coach (let's not go back to that well). These are reaches, but I'm just looking for any clues
I like the idea of Scott joining the staff. He has experience recruiting in TX and has landed some good commits at UNC. Didn’t look like the Kentucky OLB coach has any ties out west.

Just a tweet of enthusiasm/support from one old friend and teammate to another. Moschetti is coaching at La Mirada again after resigning in 2016, I looked at the replies I think they meant welcome back to La Mirada since he started up again this year.

Thanks for the info - that’s the part I was missing. I hadn’t realized Moschetti had previously resigned. There was some discussion about him being considered for QB coach before we got Roper so I wondered if he might have been considered for another offensive assistant role - or maybe analyst.

James Casey (Houston) would be an interesting call as a TE coach.

Originally from Fort Worth, played at Rice (All-American 2007-08), NFL for 7 years (1 with Broncos) and became an analyst for Houston in 2016, TE coaching 2017 & added ST coordinator for 2018. He's a bit older than the dates would suggest because he was with the White Sox in MLB for 3 years before going to Rice.

https://uhcougars.com/coaches.aspx?rc=361&path=football

It's been brought up here thru the years several times but was never able to locate anything on the internet other than I remembered distinctly that Barnett had to let him go due to Admin pressure. Missed that whole Deadspin article, thanks for documenting it here.

That’s because he went to go work for the broncos, and no one of consequence in the Denver media would dare bring it up to VJ directly- they might put their Broncos access at risk by doing so.

Now if he got hired by CU I would expect a top of the fold story by Matt Stephenson.

True. Can’t risk getting shut out. Teams do that.

Any inside info here? Looks like she may have been let go by the way the tweet was written.
I don't know.

Honestly, it's not a topic that interests me all that much. There are a lot of good people who are part of the Athletic Staff. It sucks to lose good people, but it happens and the organization then has to make a good hire as a replacement.

I have been entertained by people who are reacting like this is a big deal, though. Doom! We have to replace a good tutor & academic advisor. We should probably shut the program down. :ROFLMAO:

Back