What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All things Nebraska thread Osborne Edition

Is Bo gonna bring the Huskers back to ELITE status?

• Total voters
Re: Don't Let The Bugeaters Have Something Else To Gloat About

Why you bringing Mizzou into this conversation? :wow:

seems to me that you just retained a two time nationally acclaimed digging champion. chase was caught once, and don't have a thing on your coach.

seems to me that you just retained a two time nationally acclaimed digging champion. chase was caught once, and don't have a thing on your coach.

Nothing on the coach? only one of them ate it :puke:

Nothing on the coach? only one of them ate it :puke:

are you so sure? the camera left watson before his audience could have proof of the disposal.

i'll bet he ate both. :smile2:

you 2 so totally remind me of me and my friend. we can also entertain packed bars with our arguments.

you 2 so totally remind me of me and my friend. we can also entertain packed bars with our arguments.

lammie is freaking awesome! i wish he would have come to the nu game. he makes bantering fun.

lammie is freaking awesome! i wish he would have come to the nu game. he makes bantering fun.

id buy tickets if you 2 ever got to argue face to face.

Re: OK, Corn lurkers...TO is filling Bo's staff with Solich/TO assisstants....

Now we know why Bo was hired and not Paul Johnson or Grobe, Dr. Tom is the man behind the curtain, the other two guys wouldn't play ball.

the Wizard of Os....anyone....anyone....am i right people?

Re: Tom Osborne got his "yes" man in BO

:
indoor facilities? LMAO Waylon, do you think that is a distinction? Buster, it is the NORM these days. clearly, you do not get out much. compound that with you really have no clue about what other programs have to offer. you just blindly cling to the mantra that the skers got it all, and no one else has anything close to what you do. it really is far off base in the reality scale.

the rest of your ramble is an absolute gem of rabid fusker self-jerk that beyond entertainment value, is worth nothing.

yes, next to none, state of the art.... as in new, modern, big, bells and whistles, bling bling. yes, up there with all you mentioned above. did I say best or better? is top 15 ok with you sweet pee?.... lets just fudge and say top 20, mkay?

the norm... hummm... how is the bubble coming?.... state of the art in latex baloons? the locker room is saweeet though right?.... nice rock wall and ****, is it on your list?... ouppps. nada. were there any B12N on your list?..... lets see, that would be a big fat nope. UT, aTm, OU, OU lite..... ND, UO, NC or whomever you wish to add next... some pretty tall timber, nice to be at least in the same forest. ya, know?

the rest of the ramble you have no answer for so that does make it a gem alright, you are correct. so, go ahead and LYAO.... I must admit, I am snickering right now as well.

I think NU will compete. will it be at the level of the 90's? no, I dont see how thats possible in todays scheme of things. can they be top 20? oh yea. Top 15?.... umm could be. Top 10?..would be a lofty goal. NC's? lighning has to strike somewhere..... when will all of this happen?... looks like it will be several years at best.... but how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time LB, one bite at a time.

Last edited:

Now we know why Bo was hired and not Paul Johnson or Grobe, Dr. Tom is the man behind the curtain, the other two guys wouldn't play ball.

Correct. Grobe, Johnson and Kelly, all of whom MAY have been contacted, would have been likely to say no way to having assts. jammed down their throat.

As far as Watson, his WCO doesn't scare me at all. I have no idea if he can coordinate the spread option. With an athletic triggerman (Dixon, Daniel, Tatiuma, White) it can be explosive. When you don't have that dynamic guy, it can sputter. Are Ganz or Lee those guys? From what I have seen Ganz could be, he's pretty athletic.

Re: Why I don't fear the Bo hire....

This could be a good hire or it could really, REALLY backfire on them. Pelini is a defensive guy and he'll likely be relying on Shawn Watson to run the offense. We all know how that will probably turn out. :huh:

So will Bo run the defense? Who will be the DC there, and how much autonomy will he be given?

This is his first shot at being a D-1 Head coach, and he's stepping into a world of pressure to succeed. This has all the ingredients for a classic meltdown in another 2-3 years after the honeymoon period has ended. Meanwhile, Dr. Tom will be getting his sainthood revoked in bars from Chadron to Wahoo. I'll be :popcorn: the whole time.

yes, next to none, state of the art.... as in new, modern, big, bells and whistles, bling bling. yes, up there with all you mentioned above. did I say best or better? is top 15 ok with you sweet pee?.... lets just fudge and say top 20, mkay?

the norm... hummm... how is the bubble coming?.... state of the art in latex baloons? the locker room is saweeet though right?.... nice rock wall and ****, is it on your list?... ouppps. nada. were there any B12N on your list?..... lets see, that would be a big fat nope. UT, aTm, OU, OU lite..... ND, UO, NC... some pretty tall timber, nice to be at least in the same forest. ya, know?

the rest of the ramble you have no answer for so that does make it a gem alright, you are correct. so, go ahead and LYAO.... I must admit, I am snickering right now as well.

I think NU will compete. will it be at the level of the 90's? no, I dont see how thats possible in todays scheme of things. can they be top 20? oh yea. Top 15?.... umm could be. Top 10?..would be a lofty goal. NC's? lighning has to strike somewhere..... when will all of this happen?... looks like it will be several years at best.... but how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time LB, one bite at a time.

ok....ok....you have among the BEST facilities and tradition in the history of organized sports....

but that still does not change the fact that you just got rid of your 2nd straight failed coaching staff and haven't won a conference title since the 90s and have only competed in 1 since then.

the norm... hummm... how is the bubble coming?.... state of the art in latex baloons? the locker room is saweeet though right?.... nice rock wall and ****, is it on your list?... ouppps. nada. were there any B12N on your list?..... lets see, that would be a big fat nope. UT, aTm, OU, OU lite..... ND, UO, NC or whomever you wish to add next... some pretty tall timber, nice to be at least in the same forest. ya, know?

it seriously took you 25 minutes to pen that diatribe? give me a frikking break! :lol:

next to none means heads and shoulders above the rest. as i said, you do not get out much if you think that your facilities are that freeking lofty that no one else can touch them. by the way, there was no asterisk beside your next to none statement with the disclaimer that you meant in the big twelve north. :rolleyes:

as for the rest of the ramble, i could pick it apart and beat you with it. but i chose to be brief. i'll let you write the bible of responses as you eat that elephant bite by bite, you weight losing sunnagun! :wink: i have seen the evidence that you have experience with it.

ok....ok....you have among the BEST facilities and tradition in the history of organized sports....

but that still does not change the fact that you just got rid of your 2nd straight failed coaching staff and haven't won a conference title since the 90s and have only competed in 1 since then.

among being the operative word. a far cry from the poop he was trying to peddle.

a couple final thoughts for waylon, the uninformed: in 2005 there was only 4 big 12 teams PERIOD without an indoor practice facility. A&M and Colorado were among them. may as well scratch those two off the list.

when ten out of twelve teams (maybe more) has something, it is called a NORM. and waylon? a good number of indoor practice facilities ARE made of fabric or a bubble of some sort. again, you should get out more before you pop off.

have a nice day! might i suggest a photo tour of b12 practice facilities, starting with texas? :finger2:

Damn, that sounds like the dude with the little pecker over compensating and getting the big diesel pick-up and adding huge tires, chrome etc. thinking he's got the baddest truck around. There's always another dude out there with a smaller pecker and a more tricked out truck.

I am not looking for wholesale changes to be made on O next season. They will play to the strengths they have and slowly make change. Ganz and Lee are mobile enough to run some spread.... future recruits will tell the tale.

Watson is not looked at with disdain here... are there people questioning his retention here? yep.
Are his historical numbers on O ranking alarming? yep.
I am sure he is looking for a move in his future as a HC if he can pull this off.

classic line about "oldies restored".... ROTFLMAO!! best line of the day! Post of the year IMO.

There is an alarming familiarity to some of the names (at least its not Tenipor, Young, etc). I don't know about Cotton, he did not do much at ISU IMO. I thought he did well at NU but that was option I, not spread... can he effectively coach O-line? dam, I hope so.
Makes sense to retain a couple from the old regime for the players, makes the transition easier... those will be the first to go as change is made down the road (see Turner Gill and the coach at N. Co).
Brown is a good man, like that addition a ton.
C Pelini.... its his brother, always a risk, but have seen him speak, he seems sharp, dunno much more than that, he was a GA here back when.

Don't have much issue with the D hires, some good names as I know of them. D is Bo's strength so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Damn, that sounds like the dude with the little pecker over compensating and getting the big diesel pick-up and adding huge tires, chrome etc. thinking he's got the baddest truck around. There's always another dude out there with a smaller pecker and a more tricked out truck.

well if you are going to get the truck, you can at least know whether or not dumbass nebraskans filled the oil back up after changing it, shouldn't you? :smile2:

huskerpedia has the shirt.

Not only that, but they are discounting all of Cally's old shirts. You know, the ones that say: "Merry Christmas you F'in Hillbillies!":smile2:

Not only that, but they are discounting all of Cally's old shirts. You know, the ones that say: "Merry Christmas you F'in Hillbillies!":smile2:

too bad our fusking friends tend to shy away from the secret santa. the throatslash shirt would have been nice. :wink2:

well if you are going to get the truck, you can at least know whether or not dumbass nebraskans filled the oil back up after changing it, shouldn't you? :smile2:

LOL.... I knew alright, as soon as the farking motor locked up I knew. funny thing is I have heard the same story from like 3 other people that had the same thing happen... Its a simple job right?.... unscrew plug, drain oil, screw in plug, fill oil..... I suppose if thats all you do its easy to go brain dead I guess. should have done it myself, but the company was springing for it.... whacha gonna do?

LOL.... I knew alright, as soon as the farking motor locked up I knew. funny thing is I have heard the same story from like 3 other people that had the same thing happen... Its a simple job right?.... unscrew plug, drain oil, screw in plug, fill oil..... I suppose if thats all you do its easy to go brain dead I guess. should have done it myself, but the company was springing for it.... whacha gonna do?

you could watch them do it, instead of using the husker palm pilot to scribble messages of domination, brainiac.

i guess that is how you missed improvements at other b12 north programs. :smile2:

you could watch them do it, instead of using the husker palm pilot to scribble messages of domination, brainiac.

i guess that is how you missed improvements at other b12 north programs. :smile2:
missed them? we received the blunt end of many of them.:thumbsup:

The B12N is fun in a way, not the arse kickings, but the strength of the division.... it is kinda cool. screw the south... screw the pundits, screw herbstreit.

missed them? we received the blunt end of many of them.:thumbsup:

The B12N is fun in a way, not the arse kickings, but the strength of the division.... it is kinda cool. screw the south... screw the pundits, screw herbstreit.

there you go again. the south division just laid wood to the north champion. who, by the way, was the #1 ranked team in the country.

the arse kickings everyone has laid on the huskers is the BEST part of the conference right now. either that, or the perma-meltdown of the red. :smile2:

I am not looking for wholesale changes to be made on O next season. They will play to the strengths they have and slowly make change. Ganz and Lee are mobile enough to run some spread.... future recruits will tell the tale.

Watson is not looked at with disdain here... are there people questioning his retention here? yep.
Are his historical numbers on O ranking alarming? yep.
I am sure he is looking for a move in his future as a HC if he can pull this off.

classic line about "oldies restored".... ROTFLMAO!! best line of the day! Post of the year IMO.

There is an alarming familiarity to some of the names (at least its not Tenipor, Young, etc). I don't know about Cotton, he did not do much at ISU IMO. I thought he did well at NU but that was option I, not spread... can he effectively coach O-line? dam, I hope so.
Makes sense to retain a couple from the old regime for the players, makes the transition easier... those will be the first to go as change is made down the road (see Turner Gill and the coach at N. Co).
Brown is a good man, like that addition a ton.
C Pelini.... its his brother, always a risk, but have seen him speak, he seems sharp, dunno much more than that, he was a GA here back when.

Don't have much issue with the D hires, some good names as I know of them. D is Bo's strength so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Milt Tenopir was the Father of the Pipeline, Waylon. You have to respect that. I think he's probably like 125 years old by now. He was old when I was 17. Also, Ron Brown is as good a human being and character-builder as anyone around college football. Looks like TO is getting things headed back to an Organizational Culture that worked for years for the Corn. Won't be long and it will be Hawkins v. Pellini for the North title, year in and year out. I for one, look forward to a rivalry that will mean something. It's good for both schools.

Last edited:
Back