What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones

I think the longer that he has to think about it, the more it will skew in Colorado's favor. Purdue is a "nice" school to work at, but you will simply never win big there. Colorado is one of the most recognized brands in college sports, and you can win big there. Plus, from what I hear quality of life difference between the two places is simply not even fair.

Right CU has a higher ceiling, but it will take more work to achieve. Purdue at most will be 2nd fiddle behind OSU, PSU, Mich, Neb, Wins.

Jones would be a really solid hire. Not sure he can be "great" but damn he sure is competent.

This is where I am as well. He's proven he can coach at this level. We might not be setting the world on fire with him here, but Saturdays in the Fall would be much, much more enjoyable than they have been for the last few years.

I don't understand the folks saying Hawk 2.0. Regardless of how it turned out, Hawk was a much more compelling hire at the time. Sure Koetter set a good basis for Boise State, but Hawkins took that and improved on it. Jones has not taken the awesome Cincinatti team left by Kelly and improved it. The guy had a losing record the first year after Kelly left (from a perfect regular season in 2009 under Kelly, to a 4-8 season in 2010 under Jones). Although one could argue he did improve the team at CMU after Kelly left. Hawkins also had a much better overall record and a longer track record as a head coach.

It just makes me nervous that following someone as awesome as Kelly can really mask some serious flaws. He does not have a long enough track record at any HC job to be judged on his own merits. If you folks remember correctly, the first couple of years under Neuheisel went pretty well with McCartney's players. It takes more than 3 years for the cracks to show.

He certainly would be an upgrade, but as I've said before if the AD is really going to spend upwards of $2.5 million for a coach I would have been a little underwhelmed by Jones.

If jones wants to come to CU to get some west coast stink on him while getting us to be a regular 7-5/8-4 team with regular bowl appearances and makes this an attractive place to bigger time HCs and recruits then steps off to Oregon or USC or Stanford...I'm fine with that.

Doeren doesn't really fit the BCS HC as promised, but I think he would be a good fit - one thing though - he's a defensive guy, but NIU gave up points like crazy this year?

Doeren would made me very happy.
I dunno...his QB ran the ball like 40 times last night. Unless we have Tim Tebow on our team, i wouldn't be thinking this is a type of offense that would be very successful with Dillon

I think NIUs qb running alot is just because he has the ability to do so. I haven't watched them much over past years tho.

NIU isn't in an AQ though. The rumor has been floating around Bohn is looking for a guy with coaching experience at an AQ.

Depends on if you mean coaching experience or head coaching experience. Doeren has 8 years at Kansas and Wisconsin. I think that qualifies.

OK so the latest rumor mill per Reed Marks and others via Twitter is Butch Jones is not in the game anymore-either b/c he took an offer from Purdue or Bohn moved on or like someone else.

What a roller coaster. Anyone have a clue who the top choice is?

If you are following the basketball model, then doesn't Doeren mostly fit the model to a T?

Back