What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Looks like Andersen poached the Utes for their DL coach. With the news today that none of the previous assistant coaches will be retained in Boulder, I would not be surprised to see Tui wind up in Utah.

Bruce Feldman reporting that Washington's RB coach will be joining Bielema's staff at Arky.

Butch Davis to FIU. That fills out all the current openings at the FBS level.

Not so fast, my friend....

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

Whoa. RT @BFeldmanCBS: BREAKING: The Godfather of the Pistol Chris Ault is retiring as head coach at Nevada, a source just told CBS

Wouldn't mind at all if he wanted to come to Boulder and do a little consulting work for a year or two....

Jobs filled:

COLORADO---->Mike MacIntyre
Arky--------->Bielema
Kentucky----->Mark Stoops
Idaho--------->Paul Petrino
Purdue--------->Darelll Hazell
NCST------->Dave Doeren
BC--------->Steve Adazzio
Auburn------>Gus Malzahn
Tennessee----->Bitch Jones
Cal--------->Sonny Dykes
USF------->Willie Taggart
Cincinnati------->Tommy Tuberville
UTEP-------->The Steelers OL coach Kugler
W. Kentucky------->Bobby Petrino
Texas Tech--------->Kliff Kingsbury
Arky St.----------->Bryan Harsin
NIU----------->Their OC
W. Michigan--------->P.J. Fleck
Temple----------->Matt Ruhle
La. Tech------->Skip Holtz
SJSU----------->Ron Caragher
Wisconsin---->Gary Anderson
Yoot St.--------->Their OC, whoever that is

Jobs open:

FIU

The Oh ****, we just lost our coach secondary market:

Kent St.

The our HC retired market:

Nevada

Didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, but Kent Riddle and Brad Bedell were hired by Arkansas State

Chip Kelly reported to be interviewing for the Bills job the day after the Fiesta Bowl according to the Associated Press. As a New Hampshire native, that job may have some appeal to him.

Chip Kelly reported to be interviewing for the Bills job the day after the Fiesta Bowl according to the Associated Press. As a New Hampshire native, that job may have some appeal to him.

The Browns or Eagles seems like better jobs imo

The Browns or Eagles seems like better jobs imo

Those teams appear to have more talent, but the fanbase and ownership in Buffalo might be more patient. I think Andy Reid is a helluva coach and would not want to be the one to follow him in Philly. Those fans will eat you alive.

I am not convinced Kelly really wants to run a lot of read option in the NFL.

I don't think he does either. I think he would if he had a QB that could run it tho.

I think he would like to run it some, but he can find those guys in the draft. For example, no sane coach would stake his reputation and career on Michael Vick right now.

I am not convinced Kelly really wants to run a lot of read option in the NFL.

I've heard the same. A big reason that NFL teams love him isn't so much his scheme at Oregon, but his ability to innovate and exceptional CEO skills

I don't think anybody is dumb enough to run it exclusively, in the nfl anyway. Just a matter of time before your qb gets beat up. Gotta think that hurts the passing game as well. Think it's something that you pick your spots with, the PA off it gives linebackers fits.

Jason LaCanfora is reporting that Chip Kelly and Penn State´s Bill O´Brien will be ending up in Philadelphia and Cleveland. Doesn´t know who to which team yet, but it´s expected the guy who misses out on the one job gets the other gig.

Chip is going to go to a place where he can run the read option... so Buffalo (Brad Smith), Philly (Vick), or Jacksonville (Tebow)

The problem with those guys (with the possible exception of Vick at this point) is that they aren't starting NFL QBs. So when you bring them in, defenses are going to sell out to stop the run. And neither Smith or Tebow throws consistently well enough to make defenses pay enough to back them off...

The problem with those guys (with the possible exception of Vick at this point) is that they aren't starting NFL QBs. So when you bring them in, defenses are going to sell out to stop the run. And neither Smith or Tebow throws consistently well enough to make defenses pay enough to back them off...

The beauty of those guys is they are a dime a dozen and can be had for a bag of peanuts. Probably a reason for that. The higher quality trio of RGIII, Russel Wilson and Cam Newton will get plenty of chances to prove that somebody other than a pocket passer can win a super bowl in today's NFL. Until that happens I'll take Brady, Brees, Manning, Brady and Rodgers any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I have a theory that Chip could run his same offense with the best guys that fit that, all signed as Undrafted Free Agents for popcorn. He could sign 10 of them and fill up the practice squad. It's a simple offense and the only argument I have heard against it is this:

NFL Defenses are fast so it won't work.

Maybe. Maybe both sides are faster and it will work....

Eagles will have to cut Penn State a $18m check to get him tho.

Any possibility that they can't enforce this due to the sanctions that hit the program that he was initially told were strictly legal and not NCAA issues?

Back