What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel in full spin...

question #2, why would del rio give a committment to lsu now? del rio has the jax in the run for the playoffs and the division

Word on the street is he was an assistant with the Saints for a while and he has a daughter attending school there right now. It will not be announced but will be a lot like the Saban thing for Bama.

BTW a lot of corndogs think Saban is coming back to LSU.

On the NFL broadcast tonight they said Jimmy Sexton [CTT's agent] was in the skybox with JJ.

auburn are planning to offer tuberville an extension before the weekend. i think it´s a power play by his agent and nothing has been agreed.

auburn are planning to offer tuberville an extension before the weekend. i think it´s a power play by his agent and nothing has been agreed.

Latest report is that he is headed to Arkansas. I can't blame the guy for leaving. Hell it seems like every other year the Auburn faithfull call for his resignation!

by Bryan Matthews & Jeffrey Lee

Tubs to Hogs?

The states of Arkansas and Alabama were abuzz Thursday night when a T.V. station in northwest Arkansas reported that Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville has agreed to become Arkansas' next head coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
We shall see. I saw just yesterday that he had all agreed in principle to a contract extension with Auburn. I really hope Auburn does all they can to keep him. It's bad enough to lose an outstanding coach, but it would be even worse to lose him to a divisional foe.

i heard the waltons told arkansas they had a blank check for the new coach.

Do they seriously have enough money to back that up? There's no WAY that show is still in syndication

Waltons.jpg

IF Tubby goes, Auburn will, have fully, firmly and completely screwed the pooch. Probably the only way they save the day is finally getting Petrino...and who knows if that will happen. My hunch is AU will not have as much success as they had under Tubby and Arky will be very happy. Probably not this coming year but shortly therafter.

This weekend could see a couple of firings: UCLA and Washington, maybe others too.

Somehow Greg Robinson has survived the ax in Syracuse, which probably says more that the AD couldn't find anybody to bite, so he'll give Greg another year.

I suppose Wanny could be on thin ice in Pitt. Pedey is back in town,...and you know that could mean virtually anything.

NU is the only B12 job open, and the consensus says Gill or Pelini. IMO TO wants to name some of the assts. and there may be chance Watson stays on as OC. Or maybe Pelini comes in and brings Gill with him, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm just glad the Paul Johnson, Jim Grobe, Brian Kelly talk has faded, any one of those three would be more dangerous IMO.

With all of the openings, I am surprised someone would commit to NU quickly. It's not my hatred of NU speaking here - but wouldn't a solid candidate want to wait to see if some openings like UCLA or Washington or the other SEC jobs open up? NU is a solid program with a rich tradition, but I have to believe that some of these other openings could/would be more attractive.

With all of the openings, I am surprised someone would commit to NU quickly. It's not my hatred of NU speaking here - but wouldn't a solid candidate want to wait to see if some openings like UCLA or Washington or the other SEC jobs open up? NU is a solid program with a rich tradition, but I have to believe that some of these other openings could/would be more attractive.

Especially from a quality of life perspective, I'd rather live anywhere in the south, or in CA or WA than Stinkoln.

if pelini is good enough for nebraska to be considered a candidate for their vacancy, why doesnt he wait a little longer, see what happens with miles and waits if his current employer might want to talk to him?

if pelini is good enough for nebraska to be considered a candidate for their vacancy, why doesnt he wait a little longer, see what happens with miles and waits if his current employer might want to talk to him?

I think Nebraska is reaching with Pellini he *should go to a bad school in a major Conf. or a mid major next LSU wont pull the trigger on him, he is too rough and has never been a head coach.

I agree. There's the potential for some big-time jobs to come open. If ucla opens up, that's one that will be very interesting to me. Part of me wants to see Peterson get that gig- I think he could give SC a tougher time than its had in a while. I also wonder if they'd give Skippy a shot, but all the schorched earth he left at udoub probably rules out a return to the p10. But there's also another part of me that wants Dorrell to stay at ucla for a long time, leaving plenty of socal blue chippers for the Buffs.:thumbsup:

You have hit two home runs tonight. This whole deal is way too public. Are you this smart?

Jens' info from across the pond has been crazy accurate. I don't know where he gets his info from, but he usually reports stuff before we find out. Jens is the info man round these parts.

Jens' info from across the pond has been crazy accurate. I don't know where he gets his info from, but he usually reports stuff before we find out. Jens is the info man round these parts.

That's because he's like 7 hours ahead of us. Stuff has already happened for him while we're still waiting...:smile2:

That's because he's like 7 hours ahead of us. Stuff has already happened for him while we're still waiting...:smile2:

:thumbsup:

I know. Heaven forbid we ever get somebody on here from Australia. They'd know stuff a full day ahead of time.

offer from arky is supposed to be 10y, 32m ... one of the sticking points (for his auburn extension) seems to be his buyout clause. tuberville wants it eliminated, but AU is saying no way. it´s at 6m right now. keeping an eye on lsu here may also not be a total waste of time. having 2 division rivals come in for your coach would be madness.

Proposed Tuberville contract extension, annual salary by year
(Figure in parentheses represents the buyout clause)

2008 – $2.8 million ($5 million)
2009 – $3.0 million ($4 million)
2010 – $3.2 million ($4 million)
2011 – $3.4 million ($4 million)
2012 – $3.6 million ($4 million)
2013 – $3.8 million ($4 million)

offer from arky is supposed to be 10y, 32m ... one of the sticking points (for his auburn extension) seems to be his buyout clause. tuberville wants it eliminated, but AU is saying no way. it´s at 6m right now. keeping an eye on lsu here may also not be a total waste of time. having 2 division rivals come in for your coach would be madness.

Proposed Tuberville contract extension, annual salary by year
(Figure in parentheses represents the buyout clause)

2008 – $2.8 million ($5 million)
2009 – $3.0 million ($4 million)
2010 – $3.2 million ($4 million)
2011 – $3.4 million ($4 million)
2012 – $3.6 million ($4 million)
2013 – $3.8 million ($4 million)

Another major sticking point is the current facilities at Auburn. He wants a major upgrade from the current situation, which would require a commitment from the athletic department.

I think LSU takes a run at Spurrier.

Another major sticking point is the current facilities at Auburn. He wants a major upgrade from the current situation, which would require a commitment from the athletic department.

I think LSU takes a run at Spurrier.

if tuberville and spurrier both leave you can whipe the state of alabama off the map as that state will implode.

if tuberville and spurrier both leave you can whipe the state of alabama off the map as that state will implode.

Why would Spurrier leaving South Carolina make the state of Alabama implode? The longer this situation drags out with Tuberville, the better I feel about it. I really hope it gets worked out and he stays because Auburn is going to be really good the next couple seasons.

Why would Spurrier leaving South Carolina make the state of Alabama implode? The longer this situation drags out with Tuberville, the better I feel about it. I really hope it gets worked out and he stays because Auburn is going to be really good the next couple seasons.

i mixed up saban and spurrier there, sorry.

tuberville is going to make a decision when all offers are on the table imo. sexton probably made arky´s interest public to force auburn´s hand.

i mixed up saban and spurrier there, sorry.

tuberville is going to make a decision when all offers are on the table imo. sexton probably made arky´s interest public to force auburn´s hand.

I figured. Don't count Saban out for any job.:wink2:

Tuberville is in a great position. In the end, I think it's a good thing Auburn knows just how hard Arky is pursuing him because they need to make an offer to keep him. If they play this right, he should be at Auburn for at least the next 3-4 years and the future would be bright. If they can't keep him, Auburn is left in the cold. It's bad enough to lose a great coach, but you sure as hell don't want to lose your coach to a divisional rival.

I figured. Don't count Saban out for any job.:wink2:

Tuberville is in a great position. In the end, I think it's a good thing Auburn knows just how hard Arky is pursuing him because they need to make an offer to keep him. If they play this right, he should be at Auburn for at least the next 3-4 years and the future would be bright. If they can't keep him, Auburn is left in the cold. It's bad enough to lose a great coach, but you sure as hell don't want to lose your coach to a divisional rival.

I agree. I think in the Auburn/CTT negotiations CTT holds all the cards without a doubt.

Especially from a quality of life perspective, I'd rather live anywhere in the south, or in CA or WA than Stinkoln.

Yeah, but if Pelini is TO's choice, and had a decent former defense there, he will come back as a savior and hero 'back to save the day' for NU fans. He could not go anywhere else and be as loved as he will be there. That has to count for something. Plus, he has not had a chance to be a head coach anywhere else, so to get the chance a a big-time program like Nebraksa (yeah, we hate them, want them to suck, have been down lately, but still have a tradition and name around the country) is something that you would want to take if you want to move up to the top job. Plus, it is not just a job, like it was to Slash, but he has a history and loves NU.

Now personally, I hope his personality does not get commits for his team, and they still struggle, but I think he will make them very competitive again. Not as much as Grobe or some of those others, but enough that CU needs to take the next couple of steps in rebuilding their program, as I think this will go back to a tough game every year for both teams. Which is ok with me as long as CU gets their team so we win more than we lose to them.

Yeah, but if Pelini is TO's choice, and had a decent former defense there, he will come back as a savior and hero 'back to save the day' for NU fans. He could not go anywhere else and be as loved as he will be there. That has to count for something. Plus, he has not had a chance to be a head coach anywhere else, so to get the chance a a big-time program like Nebraksa (yeah, we hate them, want them to suck, have been down lately, but still have a tradition and name around the country) is something that you would want to take if you want to move up to the top job. Plus, it is not just a job, like it was to Slash, but he has a history and loves NU.

Now personally, I hope his personality does not get commits for his team, and they still struggle, but I think he will make them very competitive again. Not as much as Grobe or some of those others, but enough that CU needs to take the next couple of steps in rebuilding their program, as I think this will go back to a tough game every year for both teams. Which is ok with me as long as CU gets their team so we win more than we lose to them.

As a former Southerner and Midwester I chose None of the Above.

Back